IGNORED

Kidist Just Assumed a TV Show Would Want to Interview Her

GolightlyGrrl

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She did WHAT?! :o

Do you remember roughly the date and blog she wrote about it? I'd love to read that.

cameraluc.blogspot.ca/2011/10/canada-amalgam-of-mediocrity.html

I got some details wrong. She wasn't asked to leave because she didn't have a prior appointment. She claims that the receptionist was rude to her and that the receptionist or security guard asked her not to take pictures of the girls.

Thank you, that's rich.

Amazing how she can justify it before herself that's always the reaction of the people she meets that's off, never her own (Claiming people treat her badly because they're jealous of her appearance!), and how he managed to work her dislike of Asian immigrants yet again by going on a diatribe against the leading dancer who happens to have been born in China. She makes it sound like having her in a leading role was some form of child abuse:

Currently, the ballet has a foreigner as a principal dancer, but this happens to be a Chinese-trained female dancer. I doubt that any American ballet company would want her. Imagine watching Swan Lake performed by a Chinese dancer? How are these young NBS dancers, guarded so strongly by these women as though they have brittle bones that could break at a glance, supposed to reconcile the story of Swan Lake with a Chinese face? How is that "protecting" young Canadian dancers?

What her opinion on Western opera singers performing as Madame Butterfly might be? I've seen and heard this role filled by and middle-aged, German and somewhat overweight woman who had obviously nothing in common with how the young Japanese woman is usually seen, yet her performance made me (and I believe the whole audience, unless Kiddist was present) not care about that.

That's why it is called ART, K. If you would put up a copy of the person to be portrayed, it would be an exhibit of workmanship or coincidence.

At least, she's admitting she wrote a negative review because she wasn't warmly welcomed by the staff...

Oy, this was painful. I had to stop reading before the end. I felt so embarrassed for her and the entire awkward exchange. :embarrassed: Kind of like how I can never finish an episode of Seinfeld. It's not sponge-worthy; it's cringe-worthy.

Kind of like how I can never finish an episode of Seinfeld. It's not sponge-worthy; it's cringe-worthy.

Total thread derail: I totally agree about Seinfeld! Last year I briefly dated a fellow who was a Seinfeld fan, and we actually had a few conversations wherein I tried to articulate what it was I didn't like about that show. I mean, it was a hugely popular show, so it's not like I don't understand that my view was in the minority. But my dislike was strong and almost palpable, and it drove me crazy that I couldn't pinpoint the basis for my feelings.

I considered many ideas, including my family being ethnically jewish, my experience with urban living in general and NYC in particular, my attitudes towards "mainstream 'merican life" which the Seinfeld characters display so fully (and which I have almost completely rejected in my day-to-day life), and numerous other ideas, but none of them held up as the true reason why I disliked that show so much. I finally gave up searching for the explanation and just let it be, but it still irks to a degree that I can't lay out the underlying logic to my reaction.

I really like your choice of words -- cringe-worthy is an excellent and accurate description of my feelings about it (spongeworthy joke notwithstanding, lol).

Total thread derail: I totally agree about Seinfeld! Last year I briefly dated a fellow who was a Seinfeld fan, and we actually had a few conversations wherein I tried to articulate what it was I didn't like about that show. I mean, it was a hugely popular show, so it's not like I don't understand that my view was in the minority. But my dislike was strong and almost palpable, and it drove me crazy that I couldn't pinpoint the basis for my feelings.

I considered many ideas, including my family being ethnically jewish, my experience with urban living in general and NYC in particular, my attitudes towards "mainstream 'merican life" which the Seinfeld characters display so fully (and which I have almost completely rejected in my day-to-day life), and numerous other ideas, but none of them held up as the true reason why I disliked that show so much. I finally gave up searching for the explanation and just let it be, but it still irks to a degree that I can't lay out the underlying logic to my reaction.

I really like your choice of words -- cringe-worthy is an excellent and accurate description of my feelings about it (spongeworthy joke notwithstanding, lol).

That's so funny, I actually love Seinfeld but I have this exact problem with "The Office".

One of the Principal dancers (female) of the American Ballet Theatre is from South Korea and according to her bio played Juliet in Romeo and Juliet - I think that alone can blow Kidist's stupid theory out of the water regarding Asian dancers.

Also, people watch dancing for the art form, not to see a particular race. I have seen NBC many, many times and have seen the dancer that she speaks of and she is WONDERFUL. Her race has never played into anything and I've never heard a single person talk about it.

She's insufferable.

Nobody show Kidist the movie Center Stage. She would blow a gasket over an African-American lead dancer.

Then I totally think you should show her.

I dropped into the Kidist hole for a few hours and it's like entering an alternate world. The closest comparison I can make is the Maxwells. You almost feel like these people live on another planet.

I'm confused by Kidist's reasoning for her maltreatment. She complains that people mistreated her because she's "non-white" and they aren't used to "non-whites" showing interest in "high class, Western culture". Yet, just a paragraph above that, she castigates the ballet company for hiring a Chinese women as the principle ballerina. So, how can she say that these "third world immigrants" are jealous and surprised at a "nonwhite" showing interest in Western ballet, when they give top billing to a nonwhite person?! I'm confused.....

I think Kidist has probably already seen Center Stage. Many people like her that are heavily interested in the arts and dance will watch movies about those subjects. If she hasn't seen it, I think she will stumble on it somehow. Center Stage was one of those movies that was mostly panned by critics and flopped at the box office, but it sort of has a cult following.

I am new to Kidist. Is every black person she meets a "third world immigrant"? And she really hates Asians.

And why did she think she should be interviewed? How does she earn a living? I can't imagine her in an office job (or, really, any job that might have other people around her).

I am new to Kidist. Is every black person she meets a "third world immigrant"? And she really hates Asians.

And why did she think she should be interviewed? How does she earn a living? I can't imagine her in an office job (or, really, any job that might have other people around her).

You need to read up on Kidist's story in the SORDRT forum to get the full flavor! :D She is one of the strangest fundie bloggers I've ever met. She considers most nonwhites to be "third world immigrants" and yes, she really hates asians for whatever reason. I believe she's a clerk or salesgirl at a clothing story so no fancy job. By the way she blogs, you'd think she was a professional artiste, surrounded by other elite people. However, others have stated she lives in a poorer section of Toronto and she talks of buying clothes at Walmart. She's hardly running with the haute couture crowd and I think she resents those "nonwhite immigrants" who have been successful enough to do so (unlike her, a fellow nonwhite immigrant from a third world country).

Oh, LOL.

I never read a Kidist thread before. I thought "Kidist" was a nickname FJ had given her as some kind of title like "anthropologist" or "florist." I just thought she was another mother of many/self-proclaimed kid expert.

Well, oops.

Oh, LOL.

I never read a Kidist thread before. I thought "Kidist" was a nickname FJ had given her as some kind of title like "anthropologist" or "florist." I just thought she was another mother of many/self-proclaimed kid expert.

Well, oops.

I posted something along the lines of 'hasn't she ever met a black person?' in the first Kidist thread I read, because I didn't see a photo of her & I thought it was written by an awful racist white lady. :lol:

She's an enigma for sure.

I love seeing others who dislike Seinfeld. Around here hating Seinfeld is like kicking puppies. I just find it extremely annoying.

She's an enigma for sure.

I love seeing others who dislike Seinfeld. Around here hating Seinfeld is like kicking puppies. I just find it extremely annoying.

I often remind my Partner of my extreme generosity and open-mindedness in being with someone who dislikes Seinfeld and Woody Allen. I tell him I forgive him for lacking a sense of humour, but since he's not Jewish I understand. :lol:

I am KIDDING! OF COURSE. I actually think it's silly to argue or judge taste in entertainment.

Seinfeld bores me. So does The Office. They don't make sense.

Noooo! The Office is the funniest show ever. Well, until approx. season 5. Seinfeld, bleh.

:lol:

Noooo! The Office is the funniest show ever. Well, until approx. season 5. Seinfeld, bleh.

:lol:

Maybe what episodes I saw were in the later seasons? I just didn't like it.

While we are on the subject, I don't like Duck Dynasty.

...While we are on the subject, I don't like Duck Dynasty.

I don't know Duck Dynasty. It sounds like a show about the rich, spoiled, and half-dressed offspring of a famous ice-hockey team, am I right? :)

I never got into "News Radio", which many people will tell you is a sign of an extremely weak intellect.

I never got into "News Radio", which many people will tell you is a sign of an extremely weak intellect.

Didn't News Radio have that one smarmy guy on it? Whatsisname...Dave Foley. Oh, and Andy Dick. Can't stand Andy Dick.

I think your intellect is probably ok.

I don't know Duck Dynasty. It sounds like a show about the rich, spoiled, and half-dressed offspring of a famous ice-hockey team, am I right? :)

Nope. These guys make duck calls I think... I only saw one episode but it was dumb.

Dear Kidist:

Ever hear the phrase "he's just not that into you"? This interview was never going to happen. You badgered, he made a vague "maybe sometime" response, you pressed for specifics and actually had the gall to demand payment for a show appearance that you demanded, and he quickly clarified that "maybe sometime" actually meant "never".

About the only correct perception she has is that her critique of Ma was not well-received. She seems a bit irritated that neo-cons don't automatically share her prejudices and paranoias.

She's still utterly lacking in self-awareness. No, Kidist, you haven't moved on from being Ethiopian. You sense of superiority in being Amhara and from a family that was close to the old emperor comes through loud and clear in pretty much every post. Even in the posts where she isn't explaining that Amhara aren't really black, or that Amhara are naturally suited to be leaders, or that lesser Blacks and Muslims were responsible for the downfall of Ethiopia, she's still clinging to those values. She hasn't assimilated the typical mindset and values of a white Toronto resident AT ALL. Even conservative white residents (and politicians) of Toronto tend to support multiculturalism, and if anything, tend to be more supportive of "good" immigrants who follow a pattern of coming to the country, working and studying hard, and achieving success. She's frustrated as hell because she has trouble finding others who share her anti-Asian paranoia. She's literate and not stupid, so she does initially attract some neo-con thinkers, but as soon as she reveals the crazy, they dump her and she can't understand why.

Archived