IGNORED

Kidist Just Assumed a TV Show Would Want to Interview Her

GolightlyGrrl

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all mindboggling and I would have thought it was a joke post, kind of like "Missy the Cat" if I didn't know better.

This did stick out, though:

I questioned the wisdom of allowing people like Ma to enter important areas of American politics such as Ma's trip to China with the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission. At what point will her loyalties be to America only, and not to some ambiguous connection to China? How can we trust her not to relay vital information to the Chinese, directly or inadvertently?

Seriously, she thinks Chinese Americans shouldn't be on an economic mission to China?

Oh, Kidist.

Obviously she's a horrible person but I do always feel sorry for her. My family has a strong history of mental illness and you can see so many signs of it in her... presumably she's in a manic phase at the moment. The grandiose claims about herself are just so depressing when she lives what looks like a very bleak and empty life.

Kidist and reality just don't get along, do they?

Seriously, she thinks Chinese Americans shouldn't be on an economic mission to China?

She dislikes people with an Asian background with a passion, no matter if they're American or Canadian. Kiddist thinks of herself as superior to other ethnicities, and seems to be living in constant terror of being "outperformed".

Which means she doesn't only think they shouldn't take a responsible position during an economic mission to China, but take no responsible position at all, or, better yet, be forced to leave the country they're in now and go back to whatever Asian country their ancestors came from.

I didn't really understood her post about this TV show and the anonymous comment she discussed, her ramblings make my head hurt.

She's so obviously mentally ill. I'd have more sympathy for her if she were not such a racist, delusional jerk.

Given the number of posts in the last few days, I agree she's on a manic phase and those times are clearly when she becomes more paranoid. She'll die alone and angry, so I think her own life is punishment enough.

Who is Kidist and why should I care what she thinks?

She's a Canadian blogger who is ultra right wing and runs with the Stinking Lousewife and that crowd.

She is super racist and anti-immigration and thinks white people are the cat's meow. She is herself an immigrant to Canada from Ethiopia, but she either glosses over the cognitive dissonance of that or outright argues that her ethnic group (the Amhara, IIRC) are honorary Europeans for some convoluted set of reasons.

She is anti-feminist.

She writes "cultural criticism" from the most reactionary point of view (and manages to work racism in as well, as in her diatribe about Chinese ballerinas).

She hates Michelle Obama and writes horribly racist and misogynist rants about her.

She is a deeply troubled and very hateful person.

Kidist has also stalked random people (usually "multi-culti" couples or families), and surreptitiously takes blurry photos of places that violate her artistic sensibilities, like malls or restaurants where "multi-cultis" congregate. She is sensitive to all things beautiful and refined, and is determined to share her observations, by force if necessary (for instance, by changing immigration laws to prevent non-Caucasians to move to the US or Canada, even though she is a non-Caucasian immigrant).

I see that Kidist plans to take a bus to NYC. I imagine she will be pretty freaked out when the bus arrives at the Port Authority bus depot. Can't wait to read her critique of the terminal's architecture (think 1950's prison) and its denizens.

Edited for riffle. Must.find.caffeine.

No one else who we snark on here makes me as nervous as she does. Reading her stuff is just so disturbing, because I feel it's only a matter of time until she... does something, you know?

No one else who we snark on here makes me as nervous as she does. Reading her stuff is just so disturbing, because I feel it's only a matter of time until she... does something, you know?

I'm always expecting to see her post about having been questioned by the police or governmental authorities about some of her more hateful posts. Perhaps the FBI will have a "welcoming party" for her on her arrival in NYC?

I'm not sure Kidist could ever get it together to actually

do something
. She rarely seems to be able to confront anyone directly, aside from berating waitresses and sales clerks about shitty service (which she attributes to their class or ethnicity, but never actually says this to their faces). She just stalks or stares at people, secretly takes a few photos, then rushes home to post a diatribe about some delusional interaction that only occurred in her fevered mind.

I agree--her blog is really pretty disturbing to read.

"outright argues that her ethnic group (the Amhara, IIRC) are honorary Europeans for some convoluted set of reasons"

I was curious so I looked it up. Apparently the Amhara were the dominant, elite ethnic group for much of Ethiopian history, so maybe that is where she gets her sense of superiority? However, they are (supposedly, I'm not claiming to be a scholar) descendants of Semitic tribes, not Europeans, who worked their way into the Ethiopian highlands--home base--and mingled with the locals. Their language, which she says she speaks, if Afro-Asian, not European, in origin. The culture is very much superior/inferior (although superiority is based on owning land, which I doubt applies to her in Canada) and extremely patriarchal.

Methinks there is a serious case of self-loathing going on here. If she hates the same people she thinks European-Canadians do, will that make her one?

I never heard of her before but I do look forward to reading how her rarified sensitivies survive the bus trip to Port Authority.

The latest comment on her blog:

AnonymousAugust 3, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I'm very confused as to why you are bashing this guy...you contacted him to be on his show, rudely asked for financial help, and then, when he declined, you write this?

Do you even live in the real world?

"outright argues that her ethnic group (the Amhara, IIRC) are honorary Europeans for some convoluted set of reasons"

I was curious so I looked it up. Apparently the Amhara were the dominant, elite ethnic group for much of Ethiopian history, so maybe that is where she gets her sense of superiority? However, they are (supposedly, I'm not claiming to be a scholar) descendants of Semitic tribes, not Europeans, who worked their way into the Ethiopian highlands--home base--and mingled with the locals. Their language, which she says she speaks, if Afro-Asian, not European, in origin. The culture is very much superior/inferior (although superiority is based on owning land, which I doubt applies to her in Canada) and extremely patriarchal.

Methinks there is a serious case of self-loathing going on here. If she hates the same people she thinks European-Canadians do, will that make her one?

I never heard of her before but I do look forward to reading how her rarified sensitivies survive the bus trip to Port Authority.

I wonder if she thinks Romani people are European or not?

She is super racist and anti-immigration and thinks white people are the cat's meow. She is herself an immigrant to Canada from Ethiopia, but she either glosses over the cognitive dissonance of that or outright argues that her ethnic group (the Amhara, IIRC) are honorary Europeans for some convoluted set of reasons.

Complete and utter bullshit. My niece is half-Amhara. If you asked her what her race was, she would call herself biracial or black, and she would consider her ancestry on her dad's side completely African, not European or whatnot. If you showed her Kidist's theories I think her head would explode. The Amhara language is Semitic, yes, and most Ethiopians consider them a distinct ethnic group within the country (though there's been so much intermarriage along the way that no one's really as distinct as they think), but no one would ever...be on the same planet as what Kidist thinks.

I have a theory about Kidist. I think her narcissism and racists ramblings while calling herself white are just a form of self-hate. I think something in her past may have made her into the hateful person she is today. At least this is just my amateur opinion, anyway.

Yeah, she's definitely self loathing. I've decided to think of her as a bit like uncle ruckus from the boondocks so she doesn't piss me off so much. I used to let myself get pretty upset by her posts but now I think of her as sad and a bit amusing, even.

Not that i would wish this to happen but I wonder what her reaction would be if she got her wish and Canada went all white supremacist? Can you imagine her face if the authorities there decided to deport her to Ethiopia?

Oy, poor Mr. Glasov! Can you imagine getting these goofy emails and actually taking the time to respond? It's like when the crazy person sits beside you on the bus so you smile to be nice and then they glom on to you and won't. let. you. go.

Kidist makes my head hurt. I have way too much mental illness in my family and she is textbook. I wonder if she has anyone who keeps an eye on her?

It breaks my heart that, according to her resume, she worked as an English as a Second Language instructor and a counsellor to new immigrants.

She's so obviously mentally ill. I'd have more sympathy for her if she were not such a racist, delusional jerk.

Given the number of posts in the last few days, I agree she's on a manic phase and those times are clearly when she becomes more paranoid. She'll die alone and angry, so I think her own life is punishment enough.

So true. Kidist's view are appalling, but I really do think she has mental health issues. Plus, she seems so desperate to be accepted by the Laurence Auster crowd that she would deny her own race and ethnicity. It must be so tiring to be her. And if she is mentally ill I do have some smidge of compassion for her.

Kidist has pulled shit like this before. She assumes that people will sometimes let her do what she wants. She showed up last year at a ballet school and asked to the see dancers' dorms. IIRC, she was asked to leave mostly because she didn't have a prior appointment.

Archived