IGNORED

MRA vs Trayvon Martin

JesusFightClub

A non-racist non-murderer (Zimmerman), volunteering to keep his neighborhood safe, morally shot a racist miscreant prick (Trayvon) as the racist miscreant prick was bashing the non-racist non-murderer's head in for being "followed".

If you think Zimmerman had done ANYTHING wrong, get the fuck off my planet before I throw you off.

I dunno. I'm super old-fashioned. Where I'm from, being followed is dangerous. If you are followed, you're in danger of your life. You stand your ground, you choose a lit close or alleyway and you prepare to fight, and prepare for things to get nasty.

Being a member of Neighbourhood Watch doesn't mean you get to stalk people. Being white doesn't mean that you're allowed to chase down black people. If you do feel the urge to follow people, then expect an unpleasant outcome, because no-one decides that they deserve to be followed as they are an evil member of x-racial group and/or possess a vagina.

returnofkings.com/14444/why-trayvon-martin-isnt-that-important

And being a member of the Neighbourhood Watch doesn't mean you should follow someone - with a gun - after the 911 operator has told you not to.

I've seen what happens when people's heads get "bashed" into asphalt. Zimmerman's minor owies just weren't worth me getting all worked up about particularly when he freaking shot a kid.

Let's say a 17 yo blonde girl is walking to her dad's house after cheerleading practice. A big, burly black neighborhood watchman starts following her because he thinks she looks hinky. He doesn't identify himself. Just starts following her. She gets nervous and starts walking erratically, trying to lose her tail. He starts talking into his phone, and she starts really panicking. Then he gets out of his car. She does exactly what virtually every girl has been taught from the earliest: She fights like hell to protect herself against this guy. He then, fearing for his life, pulls out his gun and shoots her.

Anyone here seriously think the big black neighborhood watchman would've gotten off after killing a pretty, young, unarmed blonde cheerleader?

Yeah, me neither.

I have been taught that being followed is ALWAYS a scary sign. I'll have to tell my kids this one day, too, and I'll have to cite Trayvon as the tragic result of being followed by someone dangerous.

And being a member of the Neighbourhood Watch doesn't mean you should follow someone - with a gun - after the 911 operator has told you not to.

911 Operators can't give orders (and even if they could, the public doesn't have to follow them). Liability issue.

My hubby is captain of our local neighborhood watch, and part of the NW training from the police was that we do not follow anyone or interfere with anything suspicious. The role of the NW is to observe and report, not be a cowboy. Zimmerman should have been charged with some sort of reckless endangerment, at the very least.

I've seen what happens when people's heads get "bashed" into asphalt. Zimmerman's minor owies just weren't worth me getting all worked up about particularly when he freaking shot a kid.

Let's say a 17 yo blonde girl is walking to her dad's house after cheerleading practice. A big, burly black neighborhood watchman starts following her because he thinks she looks hinky. He doesn't identify himself. Just starts following her. She gets nervous and starts walking erratically, trying to lose her tail. He starts talking into his phone, and she starts really panicking. Then he gets out of his car. She does exactly what virtually every girl has been taught from the earliest: She fights like hell to protect herself against this guy. He then, fearing for his life, pulls out his gun and shoots her.

Anyone here seriously think the big black neighborhood watchman would've gotten off after killing a pretty, young, unarmed blonde cheerleader?

Yeah, me neither.

But you don't get it. Martin should have spoken like someone from a Horatio Alger book.

"I'se sorry, sah. I'se just an iggerant nigger. Didn't mean to be walkin' 'long white folks' street. Won't do it again, sah."

:angry-banghead:

911 Operators can't give orders (and even if they could, the public doesn't have to follow them). Liability issue.

Sorry, ambiguous wording on my part. It was phrased as something like "We don't need you to do that" when Zimmerman said he was following Martin. So he wasn't told so much as advised, which still makes him culpable for what followed.

My hubby is captain of our local neighborhood watch, and part of the NW training from the police was that we do not follow anyone or interfere with anything suspicious. The role of the NW is to observe and report, not be a cowboy. Zimmerman should have been charged with some sort of reckless endangerment, at the very least.

Agree!! Does anyoneone know if Zimmerman and the others got training from the cops before they started the neighborhood watch.

Funny that all these people claiming self defense only support Zimmerman's right to defend himself. If a white man defended himself from a black man who was following him with a gun I am sure we would all be hearing a different story. But Trayvon, I guess, didn't have the right to defend himself from armed stalkers.

I like how the MRA weirdo mentions that it's "his planet". :music-tool:

"My planet"...Sounds like the MRA weirdo is one of those super-possessive freak.

Ah, what a great boyfriend material! Such a charming guy!

NOT!

He's likely one of those that when you reject him after he aks for your contact info calls you a lesbian.

That kid was murdered. He was a kid. It makes me sick & the verdict made me feel dirty. That was a child & now he's dead. Dammit.

A 17 year old boy is dead. We will never hear his side of the story because that opportunity was taken away from him with his life. George Zimmerman is free because his attorneys created enough reasonable doubt and because they chisled the letter of the law to fit a possible scenario.

That's it. Nothing else. If Travon was a little blond cheerleader, the task would have been very different for the defense.

The fact is that by all accounts Trayvon Martin was a very ordinary middle class teenager. His parents were divorced, but obviously were able to co-parent actively. He was a good student. He was mostly well liked and thought of. He sometimes got into mischief and he experimented with pot. He was no different from my kids when they started college. He just never got to go. It is so heartbreaking that it is difficult to accept that Zimmerman maybe was really so scared that he thought his own life was in danger. There was enough gun freedom in Florida law and enough reasonable doubt to get him off. None of that takes away the tragedy. A child is dead. And the senselessness of his death is difficult to digest as even remotely justified.

A 17 year old boy is dead. We will never hear his side of the story because that opportunity was taken away from him with his life. George Zimmerman is free because his attorneys created enough reasonable doubt and because they chisled the letter of the law to fit a possible scenario.

That's it. Nothing else. If Travon was a little blond cheerleader, the task would have been very different for the defense.

The fact is that by all accounts Trayvon Martin was a very ordinary middle class teenager. His parents were divorced, but obviously were able to co-parent actively. He was a good student. He was mostly well liked and thought of. He sometimes got into mischief and he experimented with pot. He was no different from my kids when they started college. He just never got to go. It is so heartbreaking that it is difficult to accept that Zimmerman maybe was really so scared that he thought his own life was in danger. There was enough gun freedom in Florida law and enough reasonable doubt to get him off. None of that takes away the tragedy. A child is dead. And the senselessness of his death is difficult to digest as even remotely justified.

Thank you for this. You recognize Trayvon's humanity. The MRAs, fundies, the extreme right wing, etc., can only see him as a thug who got what he deserved.

FYI, Zimmerman was not a trained Neighborhood Watch person. I believe he is what I would cll a "vigilante."

I like how the MRA weirdo mentions that it's "his planet". :music-tool:

"My planet"...Sounds like the MRA weirdo is one of those super-possessive freak.

Ah, what a great boyfriend material! Such a charming guy!

NOT!

He's likely one of those that when you reject him after he aks for your contact info calls you a lesbian.

I did notice that...and I don't think I wanna live on MRA weirdo's planet (which sounds like his own mind) anyway.

What amazes me is that people don't automatically see their own children in the photos of Trayvon Martin. I could imagine my kids going for a walk late at night and how terrified they would be if someone followed them

Where I come from neighborhood watches are made up of nosy people and racists who use the organization as a means of racial profiling or providing fodder for gossip. So, I'm not a big fan of them. Anyway, karma will catch up with Zimmerman one day, and he will get his and end up in prison for "standing his ground" with the wrong person.

Archived