IGNORED

Happy 30th Mark Arndt

0 kids n not countin

I think Mark is the best husband material out of all the Arndt boys. He's the only one who had the ambition to start a business on his own that HE runs instead of Rick. He's really a good photographer too and will only get more and more work every year. All the other guys work for Rick. That's the only option Rick gives them. A couple of them do all of Rick's editing and filming for his TV and Vine Valley projects (a HUGE waste of time). James is the family handyman, and the other middle sons do virtually nothing but household chores and running errands with mommy —and they are over 21. :roll:

I think Mark is the best husband material out of all the Arndt boys. He's the only one who had the ambition to start a business on his own that HE runs instead of Rick. He's really a good photographer too and will only get more and more work every year. All the other guys work for Rick. That's the only option Rick gives them. A couple of them do all of Rick's editing and filming for his TV and Vine Valley projects (a HUGE waste of time). James is the family handyman, and the other middle sons do virtually nothing but household chores and running errands with mommy —and they are over 21. :roll:

I also wonder if Mark's alopecia has set him apart from the pack a little bit and helped him acquire more of an individual persona. I appreciated once in the videos where he said something like, "I like to laugh and joke around, but I hope that people don't think I'm funny because I'm compensating for being bald." For the record, I do not find him funny. BUT, for an Arndt, it seemed shockingly self-reflective.

Also, Mark has remarked on wanting to marry, and to me it sounds different than when the other older boys mention it - I almost believe that Mark understands that a wife isn't going to knock on the door of the Arndt Compound looking for him. I think that WANTING to be a husband, instead of being forced to be one by his parents, e.g. David Waller, or being content to hang out with his penguins and eating pizza with the rest of the boys and recording Dad's stupid movie, sets him apart a bit.

I also wonder if Mark's alopecia has set him apart from the pack a little bit and helped him acquire more of an individual persona. I appreciated once in the videos where he said something like, "I like to laugh and joke around, but I hope that people don't think I'm funny because I'm compensating for being bald." For the record, I do not find him funny. BUT, for an Arndt, it seemed shockingly self-reflective.

I think you may be spot on about the alopecia. He's had it since early childhood and it must have made him feel he was different from the others, as well as all of the other kids he came in contact with. Either way, he (and to a lesser extent Luke) appears to be far more independent than the others. The oldest two brothers are total zombies.

Mark seems like a nice guy and I wish the best for him. And hey, Mark, if you're reading out here, know that this handsome guy is a patron saint here. Hair is always optional.

PatrickStewart_sm.jpg

Several other of the older guys do wedding photography too - do they work for Mark with that? Also, some of them run a computer repair business that I don't think Rick's involved with?

Also, Seth mentioned a couple of months ago that he's learning court reporting.

Yes, I check the Arndt website every day...I find them so strangely fascinating.

I'm ashamed to say I've watched most, if not all, of their mindnumbing youtube videos and read their website daily. It looks like Mark and Jude do mostly photography/videography, Luke and James have a laptop repair business, John does mostly court reporting, several of them (ie, Paul) do both reporting and photography, and the younger kids seem to help out when needed. I did not know that Mark started the wedding photography business on this own, that is interesting. I wonder how difficult if would be for others to branch into a different employment field if they chose to.

i think they are interesting as a family but there isn't that interactiveness with them - like the Bates have a blog and answer questions and reply to comments - the Arndts don't seem to do that.

I swear someone should go to their summer baseball thing and slip him Sara Maxwell's address with some pertinent instructions. Such as sent a letter, but on the outside have one of your young siblings address the envelope. The envelope may look like a letter from a young fan of the Moody books and might get past Steve's screening. Yes I am a dork and have an overactive imagination.

I swear someone should go to their summer baseball thing and slip him Sara Maxwell's address with some pertinent instructions. Such as sent a letter, but on the outside have one of your young siblings address the envelope. The envelope may look like a letter from a young fan of the Moody books and might get past Steve's screening. Yes I am a dork and have an overactive imagination.

I hope you are joking. Do you seriously think the minute that letter got into the hands of an Arndt it wouldn't immediately find its way to Mama and Daddy? There is some serious brainwashing going on in this group.

I hope you are joking. Do you seriously think the minute that letter got into the hands of an Arndt it wouldn't immediately find its way to Mama and Daddy? There is some serious brainwashing going on in this group.

As I said I have an over active imagination, and we all know in another year he will be back out on the deck celebrating another birthday single. I am sure other people around here have imagined how an Ardt or female Maxwell would escape. Does anyone know if the Ardt family does speaking engangements similar to the Maxwells at all?

As I said I have an over active imagination, and we all know in another year he will be back out on the deck celebrating another birthday single. I am sure other people around here have imagined how an Ardt or female Maxwell would escape. Does anyone know if the Ardt family does speaking engangements similar to the Maxwells at all?

I've never heard of them doing speaking engagements. Daddy uses the videos the Fam makes for all his soapbox needs.

The Arndt offspring should have some serious advantages when it come to getting out and moving on. First, except for Wizzie, they are all male. They are all hale and hearty and capable of working at construction and landscaping. Some are trained in court reporting, some do computer repair work, others wedding photography. There is nothing on this earth that would prevent Mark saying to James (who appears to skilled at carpentry), "Dude, pack a bag, we're heading to St. Louis, Louie". I'm sure they could share an apartment and begin to build their own lives away from their parents' ever watchful eyes.

But they don't. And it doesn't appear that any are going to be leaving the homestead any time soon. Someone recently suggested Stockholm Syndrome. It's as good an answer as any.

I've never heard of them doing speaking engagements. Daddy uses the videos the Fam makes for all his soapbox needs.

The Arndt offspring should have some serious advantages when it come to getting out and moving on. First, except for Wizzie, they are all male. They are all hale and hearty and capable of working at construction and landscaping. Some are trained in court reporting, some do computer repair work, others wedding photography. There is nothing on this earth that would prevent Mark saying to James (who appears to skilled at carpentry), "Dude, pack a bag, we're heading to St. Louis, Louie". I'm sure they could share an apartment and begin to build their own lives away from their parents' ever watchful eyes.

But they don't. And it doesn't appear that any are going to be leaving the homestead any time soon. Someone recently suggested Stockholm Syndrome. It's as good an answer as any.

That's the thing about these guys. They have work skills. They do jobs that allow them to interact with other people. They are not like a lot of the fundies we know that have limited to zero work skills and stay away from the ebil outside world. They have the means to get away and yet they stay happily under Mama and Daddy's roof, playing with stuffed penguins, and doing the videos for Daddy.

I agree totally that there's some Stockholm Syndrome going on there. But what really gets me is that it's working on 10 adults who all have the means to get out. Now that's some serious Stockholm Syndrome going on. That it could work for a couple of them is one thing, but 10 of them?

I also still think that at some time or another, these young men had an interest in some girl or a girl express interest in them and parents, particularly Mama, put the kabosh on things. So no dating, courtship, just wistful and unrealistic hopes that a godly Miss Right will show up some day. They have wait for this, not go out and make it happen. Something that I also think has been drummed into them. Once again this is happening to 10 guys in the same house. In the meantime, the girls who had any interest in them (assuming that there were) have long moved on and I wouldn't be surprised if word has gone around the area not to bother with these guys, the family is too weird.

Archived