IGNORED

Happy 30th Mark Arndt

0 kids n not countin

Now it's "official", there are 3 Arndt boys 30 years of age and older...

20130729_111424.jpg

Wow-they're having cake on the porch instead of the bed? Maybe the cake-bed thing is reserved for the children under 30?

I am imagining the conversation:

Mama Arndt: Happy birthday, Mark! We're all ready to celebrate-- let's grab the cake and head on into the bedroom!

Mark: Um, Mom and Dad, this is going to sound weird, but I'd really rather do my 30th out on the deck. It's a nice day, fresh air and sunshine, so no hard feelings, OK?

Mama Arndt: I suppose we can shake things up just this once, but cake in the bedroom is a TRADITION. It's your birthday, though, so I guess we'll let you decide this one thing.

I can't imagine being near retirement age and having a house full of grown "children" roaming about. Unlike these people I actually want my children to have lives of their own.

Poor Mark - he doesn't get the creepy Mommy pose? Or cake in the bed? I hope he at least got to bring his penguins to the party? :penguin-no:

Another year, another Arndt boy crosses the big 3-O threshold. Soon enough, one will be 40. Will any of the former chubs ever look at his middle aged brothers and stop to think - "wait, if I don't get out of here soon, I'm going to end up a perpetual virgin sharing a bunkbed with Toy Story bedding"?

Probably not.

This photo makes me wonder if the Arndt's or someone who knows them reads here. For 30 years, they've done birthdays in bed, and now that tradition is broken. And we've seen many photos of Mama Cathy with the possessive- claw-on-chest-of-manchild...and now she's suddenly appropriate?

Though birthday manchild is hugging closer to Mama than to Papa.

Next thing we'll see is a different pair of shorts. Too much to hope for new lipstick and hairdo.

I suppose Mama Arndt wouldn't hear of one of her boys moving to Stevestown, KS. I still think one of the older three would be a good match for Sarah, but Stevejovah would never let her move away.

Mark is kind of cute... and I don't see what's wrong with the white shorts, the Mom looks good.

There's a lot of weirdness going on in that family, but the fact the mother has a favourite pair of white shorts doesn't seem particularly odd.

There is nothing wrong with white shorts, it is that she has never been seen in another color. That is a tad strange to always appear to have the same pair of shorts on in every picture for years.

Those poor boys. I wish one of them would break free. I'd rather see one of the Arndt boys get away than one of the Duggar girls.

There is nothing wrong with white shorts, it is that she has never been seen in another color. That is a tad strange to always appear to have the same pair of shorts on in every picture for years.

And her daughter is carrying on the tradition.

The shorts are also a bit infamous because they are pretty short (for a fundie).

Is it too much to hope that no cake in bed is the first step of a new stage in Mark's life? One in which he will start to see how stunted his life is and make some changes?

Or maybe they did cake in bed, but took another set of pictures for the site to get people to stop calling them weird for their "tradition".

Does she have any other pair of shorts?!

Yes, she has 7 pairs, each alike, one for each day of the week.

Yes, she has 7 pairs, each alike, one for each day of the week.

Really the only conceivable explanation.

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with the woman who always wears a black and white scoopneck dress...anyone remember that? :lol:

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with the woman who always wears a black and white scoopneck dress...anyone remember that? :lol:

LOL, Yes! :cracking-up:

Is it too much to hope that no cake in bed is the first step of a new stage in Mark's life? One in which he will start to see how stunted his life is and make some changes?

Or maybe they did cake in bed, but took another set of pictures for the site to get people to stop calling them weird for their "tradition".

Daddy and Mommy are proud of their traditions and have never let the snark stop them from carrying on with them. (and I'm reasonably certain one or more of the Arndts have been reading out here for some time now.) Just a couple of days ago they posted a photo of Peter blowing out his candles while on their bed.

My guess is that Mark requested the more dignified celebration. On the one hand he seems to have drunk deeply from the Kool Aid pond in the back yard, on the other, he seems to be a pretty self-aware individual. I suspect this was a difficult birthday for him, although we're almost guaranteed to see photos of what a neat time he had bowling or going to the buffet at the Ponderosa with all the other summer birthday boys.

Daddy and Mommy are proud of their traditions and have never let the snark stop them from carrying on with them. (and I'm reasonably certain one or more of the Arndts have been reading out here for some time now.) Just a couple of days ago they posted a photo of Peter blowing out his candles while on their bed.

My guess is that Mark requested the more dignified celebration. On the one hand he seems to have drunk deeply from the Kool Aid pond in the back yard, on the other, he seems to be a pretty self-aware individual. I suspect this was a difficult birthday for him, although we're almost guaranteed to see photos of what a neat time he had bowling or going to the buffet at the Ponderosa with all the other summer birthday boys.

I can't imagine how hard turning 30 would be for some of these boys - because like you said? Mark seems to have drunk the Kool-Aid, but he also seems to have somewhat his own personality. So it's probably tough to be the age where most people truly feel like adults (at least in my circle, 30 seems to be that number) and be torn between the life that mommy and daddy and all your man-boy siblings have, and the life that you HAVE to know is out there.

Archived