IGNORED

Atheist want to stop prayer caravan in Cullman, AL

RosyDaisy

Here you go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee ... _Authority

But in a nutshell, this was a Roosevelt project to get unemployed people in a region devastated by the Great Depression back to work. They were government jobs, paid well, and trained mostly young men in the trades. Thanks to TVA, we have stunning public parks, well-managed waterways, and a part of the South that didn't have electricity was almost fully wired by the 1940s. It's known now mostly as a power company, but it kept a lot of families fed for decades and broke the cycle of poverty for many, many people.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today's prayer caravan day in Cullman! Woohoo! Come congratulate yourself on being a Christian and feel the presence of the Lawd! Parade, praise band, rally and more! Religiotainment at its finest.

And I'm sure every student in Cullman will now receive straight As and exhibit perfect behavior for the school year.

http://blog.al.com/wire/2013/08/prayer_ ... er_default

:shifty-kitty:

I know that the US is officially not a Christian country, but I can see how Marianne mistook it for such, because while many Western European countries do have an official religion (though France isn't one of them), it enters the public sphere far less often and plays a smaller role than in the US.

I'm amused at the notion that the US is more open-minded than France, however. Living in the UK, most of the TV I watch is either American or British, but I recently watched a French programme (Les Revenants) and, uh, suffice it to say there was a lot more boob than I'm used to seeing on my TV screen ;) Obviously that's only one area, though, and there are probably areas in which France is less open-minded than the US.

I know that the U.S. has separation of church and state. Technically, this is a more secular country than here, because three regions (Alsace / Lorraine / Mayotte) have no separation between of church and state (because of Napoleon). But you have a majority of Christian people, Christianity is "integrated" in the social landscape. People are not "shocked" to see a teacher with a cross around his neck, your president can (should?) talk about religion, etc ... So, I can understand your rage, it was a bad phrase. I'm sorry, I don't use this expression to say "USA are a Christian country and must have christian law", etc...

Alba : You saw a French TV series ? You have courage :) And for me, boob is... well, boobs of the women, but i presume that is not that xD ?

Alba :

And I'm sure every student in Cullman will now receive straight As and exhibit perfect behavior for the school year.

When pigs fly!

Archived