IGNORED

According to Lousewife liberals & blacks are ruining Detroit

SpeakNow

The blatant racism is beyond repulsive

"Jay from Goshen argues in this post that progressive policies and politics didn’t destroy Detroit, but that blacks did. Or, as I extend it, that modern liberal policies and politics, implemented by a ruling white majority, aren’t destroying our civilization, “others†are."

And in the comments

"Your point is well taken, Laura, and I agree with it as far as it goes. Liberalism without question makes it far more difficult for whites to protect themselves from black dysfunction and/or to discipline the excesses of such dysfunction. Thus the only recourse liberalism leaves whites with is that of fleeing, essentially (which obviously accelerates the downfall of a city since it raises its percentage of blacks). Thus I allowed that liberalism was a factor in the destruction of Detroit, but the fundamental cause was too many blacks."

There always has to be someone to blame and those dysfunctional blacks are certainly an easy target, especially in comments by dysfunctional whites on the internet.

Bitch is so dumb. She should not be commenting on things that she knows nothing about.

"Cunt" is the only term I can think of to adequately describe this woman. Now, please consider the context before revoking my Feminist card.

People like her make me sick. How anyone can think that, especially in 2013 with the massive amount of information available on the internet to the contrary, is just beyond me.

I'm sorry. Did I enter some type of time loop. This is 2013 and not 1913, right? These people disgust me! I have family and and few friends that live in Detroit who are liberal and black.

Has anyone seen the set of Detroit photos going around Facebook? It's tragic what has happened there. I don't know enough about it to know all the factors that contributed to the destruction of that city, I just know it's tragic. If it's liberals and blacks then how do you explain Atlanta, which I think is pretty thriving.

In 1973 The Navy wanted me to go to Detroit as the Nurse Corps recruiter. I declined, only because I'm a nurse, not a recruiter. I didn't want4 years away from nursing practice.

First post! Had to jump in somewhere, might as well be here.

I'm a native Detroiter. I was born in the location of what used to be the Detroit poor house since before Michigan was a state, and I've lived in Metro Detroit my whole life. People like this are not only racist jerks but it also proves they haven't the first clue about Detroit or it's problems. I hear stupid things about this city all the time from people who have never been here. Detroit's troubles are not simple ones, people here have a hard enough time understanding it's complexities, outsiders with know-it-all opinions are just the best. :roll:

First post! Had to jump in somewhere, might as well be here.

I'm a native Detroiter. I was born in the location of what used to be the Detroit poor house since before Michigan was a state, and I've lived in Metro Detroit my whole life. People like this are not only racist jerks but it also proves they haven't the first clue about Detroit or it's problems. I hear stupid things about this city all the time from people who have never been here. Detroit's troubles are not simple ones, people here have a hard enough time understanding it's complexities, outsiders with know-it-all opinions are just the best. :roll:

Detroiter here, too. Couldn't have said it better myself.

No better authority on Detroit's problems than someone who's never lived here!

Detroit has been on a downfall since the 1970's. I'm sure it's just easier to blame "the blacks" than to think through the complex factors which could contribute to the city's bankruptcy. I get that people on FJ are indignant with THH but perhaps they should spread some of that around. THH is voicing a pretty widely shared view. My in-laws have said something very similar on the Detroit collapse, but perhaps with a thin veneer of intellectualizing. They've said that it's the "entitled" people (who are *ahem* predominately blacks) that caused the collapse of Detroit. It's all about "entitled people", those lazy louts who refuse to work and always angry about more handouts. It's not something the inlaws would ever say to the outside world, although they could probably speak of it to acquaintances

around where we live. It's racist but it's also generational and classist. My inlaws are well-off, older white people and so it's just easier to see "the other" as the cause of suffering, rather than analyzing their own contribution to a continued economic decline.

I've lived in Detroit all of my life. The problems are many and complex. White flight after the '67 riots. Technological improvements in auto manufacturing (robots replacing people ). NAFTA. These are just a few event that decreased the tax base. Closing auto plants has a huge cascading effect. Suppliers close, nearby stores and restaurants close. Then start thinking about the employees who no longer have a job. Can't pay mortgage, less shopping in their neighborhoods. This is just a downward spiral and that's exactly what you see in Detroit.

Archived