IGNORED

Happy 13th Peter Arndt

0 kids n not countin

If they aren't embarrassed about the entire word watching them every day as their adult sons play with stuffed penguins lack of grandchildren and their sons lack of interest in women is not going to bother them in the least.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny, in Duggar conversations, the assumption is that odds are good at least one of them will identify homosexual. Not even naming names, just saying that when you have that many people in a room, even regardless of blood relationship, some of them are going to be gay. But, it's always presented as a minority of a given population. The Arndts could present a potential reversal to that line of thinking. What are the odds that in a single family of that size, homosexuality may be a majority?

Or, is it more accurate that sexual preference is much more 50-50 than we're aware due to social stigmas?

It's funny, in Duggar conversations, the assumption is that odds are good at least one of them will identify homosexual. Not even naming names, just saying that when you have that many people in a room, even regardless of blood relationship, some of them are going to be gay. But, it's always presented as a minority of a given population. The Arndts could present a potential reversal to that line of thinking. What are the odds that in a single family of that size, homosexuality may be a majority?

Or, is it more accurate that sexual preference is much more 50-50 than we're aware due to social stigmas?

Being homosexual isn't the same as being asexual. If many of them were gay, I still wouldn't expect them to act like this unless the developed some sort of incestuous relationship due to an extremely emotionally abusive situation (and I have to say I can't completely rule that out), but the same thing would play out even if they were straight. If any of them are gay, and this was a "normal" fundie family, I would expect them to try really hard to prove otherwise and find a beard, rather than just display no interest in anyone of either gender. I guess it's possible that all or many of them are asexual, but that seems unlikely. There is some weird stuff going down in this family, but I don't think it has much to do with orientation.

Good point, bananacat. I forget the Arndts mingle with others more than some of our other at-home adult children. Still unlikely they're all asexual, but to be that closeted while being exposed to the world, yeah, also strange. And, yeah, I wouldn't entirely rule out emotional incest.

Anybody a behavioural psychologist who wants to move to Belleville? You could be like Jane Goodall with the chimps!

Good point, bananacat. I forget the Arndts mingle with others more than some of our other at-home adult children. Still unlikely they're all asexual, but to be that closeted while being exposed to the world, yeah, also strange. And, yeah, I wouldn't entirely rule out emotional incest.

Anybody a behavioural psychologist who wants to move to Belleville? You could be like Jane Goodall with the chimps!

And at least they're not likely to throw poo at the behaviorist.

Archived