IGNORED

State Fair Swag Includes Fetuses

GeoBQn

I'm so sorry this happend to you. Do these people not realize that this is EXACTLY the way to turn people off religion entirely?? I do not want to be affiated with a god who kills my child so I can love him.

I'm also really sorry to hear about this, Penny. It's horrific enough to lose a child without somebody being a dickhead, and not even having the balls to say it to your face! I honestly wonder how some people are just so lacking in compassion. They're not human beings, they're cruel, cowardly reptiles.

North Dakota Right to Life has stopped handing out the fetuses. It turns out they had handed them out during the fair's parade as well. The fair organizers said they are considering changing future regulations so that exhibitors would be required to list every item that they plan on passing out.

wday.com/event/article/id/84411/group/News/

So much wrong with all of this, so I'll limit my focus to one main problem: How the hell can you keep your children ignorant of their bodies and sexuality until they "need to know" (i.e. Boob's Legos spiel), yet expect a 4 year old to understand abortion? How terrifying for a child, with no knowledge of sex or conception, to be told that women kill babies. They probably picture actual babies (as opposed to a 12 week fetus) being snatched up by some monster!

Gross.

This story reminds me of one I read and laughed my butt off over awhile back. Some anti-choice group thought it would be a good idea to give these rubber fetuses to some high scbool students. Predictably, chaos ensued.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/34501 ... aos-ensues

From the article: "In an episode of what could be called "teachable moments gone horribly wrong," Relentless and Pastor Aguilar may have overestimated the high school students’ capacity for empathy and maturity. Within minutes of the start of the school day, students were found bouncing the dismembered heads of fetus dolls against the school walls.

Apparently, the two high schools were entirely disrupted by the appearance of the dolls, as they were pulled apart, thrown around classrooms, into wastebaskets, covered in hand sanitizer and lit on fire, and impaled by pencils. Doll-related disruptions also included throwing the “dolls and doll parts at the ‘popcorn’ ceilings so they became stuck…. Dolls were used to plug toilets. One or more male students removed the dolls’ heads, inverted the bodies to make them resemble penises, and hung them on the outside of their pants’ zippers…â€

So much wrong with all of this, so I'll limit my focus to one main problem: How the hell can you keep your children ignorant of their bodies and sexuality until they "need to know" (i.e. Boob's Legos spiel), yet expect a 4 year old to understand abortion? How terrifying for a child, with no knowledge of sex or conception, to be told that women kill babies. They probably picture actual babies (as opposed to a 12 week fetus) being snatched up by some monster!

Gross.

They want it to be terrifying for a kid. Traumatize them with the thoughts of sentient but super tiny, cute babies being murdered in gruesome ways because their mother didnt want them, before they are able to understand sex or fetal development. The best way to get them on their side is to scare them and fill their heads full of lies before they develop the ability to think logically.

All fundie children know about babies is that God gives them to people as a blessing, so I imagine they think that an angel comes down from Heaven to tell a woman that she is going to have a baby (I imagine that the story of Jesus's birth is the only thing they can base their concept of this on), so the woman decides to go against God and have the baby killed and this makes him mad, like how they would feel if they got someone a present and they said they didnt like it and broke it in front of them.

Apparently, the two high schools were entirely disrupted by the appearance of the dolls, as they were pulled apart, thrown around classrooms, into wastebaskets, covered in hand sanitizer and lit on fire, and impaled by pencils. Doll-related disruptions also included throwing the “dolls and doll parts at the ‘popcorn’ ceilings so they became stuck…. Dolls were used to plug toilets. One or more male students removed the dolls’ heads, inverted the bodies to make them resemble penises, and hung them on the outside of their pants’ zippers…â€

Lol! I think they underestimated the cruelty potential for giving high schoolers little rubber fetuses. Its not like theyre all going to go "Awwww its so cute, lets keep it forever and pretend it is a real baby".

When my husband and I used to participate in abortion "clinic defenses" the anti-choice people almost always had their young children there, holding those horrific bloody fetus pictures. That has always seemed like a form of child abuse to me.

This story reminds me of one I read and laughed my butt off over awhile back. Some anti-choice group thought it would be a good idea to give these rubber fetuses to some high scbool students. Predictably, chaos ensued.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/34501 ... aos-ensues

From the article: "In an episode of what could be called "teachable moments gone horribly wrong," Relentless and Pastor Aguilar may have overestimated the high school students’ capacity for empathy and maturity. Within minutes of the start of the school day, students were found bouncing the dismembered heads of fetus dolls against the school walls.

I wonder if some of the dolls were used in art projects. They could have been painted green and sold to tourists as alien babies.

I wonder if some of the dolls were used in art projects. They could have been painted green and sold to tourists as alien babies.

Or, saved until the Holidays and placed in the manger beds of Christmas creches to represent Baby Jebus.

OK, now I just really really want some of those fetuses to play with. They sound fun.

I will have to wait until Labor Day to get mine. That's when the county fair is.

I will have to wait until Labor Day to get mine. That's when the county fair is.

I kind of want to dress them up and put them next to my other little action figures and trinkets on my desk. I could make them match my superhero theme!

I can think of some horribly dark art projects that could make use of those fetuses :twisted:

Yeah, those fetus dolls probably belong strung together on my friend's anti-xmas tree, between the anarchist zines and empty cans of Pabst. Heh.

Jeez, and I thought the entire hall of direct merchandise and MLM companies at our state fair was the pits. Last summer I had to teach both of my kids how to walk through the aisle without making eye contact. My 6yo still got suckered in to one of the booths for a supplement company because they were giving away free pencils and he is a sucker for anything free. I can only imagine how thrilled he would have been with a free rubber fetus doll! Luckily we live in a red state so I was saved that awkward conversation on my way to dropping $30 for 2 rides on the Ferris wheel.

I don't have kids, but I think I'd go nuclear. Semi-related: Every year a Baptist church has a huge float in the 4th of July parade. Every year they hand out pamphlets, which is against the rules. Every year my mom and aunt yell at them, and file complaints with the parade board. Every year nothing happens. It's practically tradition. This year I found out that when my mother's friend had a child die, this church, which she did not attend, sent her a letter saying that it was God's punishment for her not being saved. What in the sweet hell? I can't even now... I was mad before, now I'm livid.

I would have gone postal on ass of whoever sent that letter! :evil:

The anti-choice folks in ND are all riled up because the ridiculous abortion ban was overturned last week. Good. Suck it, guys! YOU LOSE.

I grew up there and one of my earliest memories is answering the phone and being asked if I was pro-life or pro-choice. I was probably 3 or 4 years old and when I asked my mom what "pro-life" and "pro-choice" meant she flipped out because asking a kid that is fucked. I don't think the anti-choice lobby in North Dakota is known for its evenhanded approach. My friend's mom worked for the Fargo Women's Health Organization and the shit she had to put up with from anti-choice fundy types was ridiculous.

Archived