IGNORED

Living the Journey

memmy

There's a rebel in the midst! In the second row down, third from the left (light blue shirt) there is someone with *gasp* short hair* and *gasp* a belt round her waist over the fugly blouse.

Can someone please explain the t shirts and the significance of the colors? How many times do these girls have to journey anyway?

My guess?

Aqua Shirts- Gryffindor

Pink Shirts - Hufflepuff

Burgandy Shirts - Ravenclaw

Lavendar Shirts - Slytherin

:D

Maybe it signifies what kind of reason they are here. Maybe one colour means theyre kool aid drinking perfect fundie daughters who are there because they love it, one colour means theyre here for sexual sins like having a crush on someone or holding hands before marriage, one colour means they arent keeping sweet enough, and the other colour means that Gothard asked their parents to bring them because he wants to get uncomfortably close to them.

Poor Sarah. Her youngest brother is 27 and she's still traipsing around with teenager Gotherdolls?

And this:

Last week, I was overcome with a spirit of great discouragement. I didn’t know exactly where it came from but it just consumed me. I couldn’t get a grip and felt overwhelmed beyond all hope. Fear and anger started to creep in, ungratefulness was all too easy to give into, and tears just kept flowing. To make matters worse, a close and precious relative passed away and our family had to deal with the loss.

Also, someone died. Um . . .

Poor Sarah. Her youngest brother is 27 and she's still traipsing around with teenager Gotherdolls?

And this:

Also, someone died. Um . . .

She sounds depressed to me. Has any fundie besides Terrified admitted to depression? It's such a shame that depession is so taboo in that lifestyle. I've suffered with depression and I felt guilty enough as it was. I can't imagine having to have even more guilt of the must-be-perfect-or-the-LORD-will-smite-me variety heaped on me too.

That poor woman :( It must be hard being depressed and a fundie, as theres no support.

Well........There is prayer. :angelic-innocent:

Well........There is prayer. :angelic-innocent:

Years ago, I had an employee who let it out that she prayed to die....she had two kids (tween/teens) and a husband in the military who was at least verbally abusive. Her Baptist minister had told her to divorce him--which, frankly, when that happens, you should run, fast as possible. But she "didn't believe" in divorce... and she was afraid he would do what he threatened to do-- have his friends say she had slept with them, portray her as a bad mother and make sure she never saw the kids. Somehow she was convinced he'd do this and be successful. She had been abused by her father from the time she was about 2 until she was about 16 (she told her mother and her mother called her a liar) so had married pretty young. So, she prayed to die and contemplated putting the kids in a car and pulling in front of a train.

So, to avoid going to hell for murder / suicide, to avoid divorce and the risk of losing her kids, she overate and prayed to die.

Once her kids were out of HS, she divorced him, lost weight and never remarried, to my knowledge, left her church--and lived happily ever after.

Wow, 6 out of 53 are nonwhite-- a full 11%! Yay for diversity! :roll:

Wow, 6 out of 53 are nonwhite-- a full 11%! Yay for diversity! :roll:

Actually I'm surprised it's that high. All future members of the GOP no doubt.

Archived