IGNORED

Living the Journey

memmy

Does anyone recognize any of the "ladies" in the current Journey?

livingthejourney.com/2013/07/15/july-2013-girls-journey/

Does anyone recognize any of the "ladies" in the current Journey?

livingthejourney.com/2013/07/15/july-2013-girls-journey/

In the pink blouse, the middle row on the right of that Asian looking girl... isn't that Chris Maxwell's ex-bride?

Aren't those dark purple shirts new this season? Is that the in shade for fundies now?

As for Chris Maxwell's ex-wife: He had an ex-courtship, I think, but not a spouse.

no duggars

no bates's

no usual suspects

i wonder what daddy maxwell thinks of this whole journey thing

but of course he is teaching his offsprings how to do things the proper way so they don't have to go to any of these

Steve Maxwell would never allow it. Its not restrictive enough. They are going somewhere without their parents present. They could have FUN :o They might make friends :o

Its a shame though, as restrictive as Journey to the Heart sounds to us, it would be really amazingly exciting to Sarah and more fun than anything else that has happened in her life.

Seriously, at this point, going to ATI events would be a positive thing for the Maxwells. Which is a terrible, awful thing and shows just how sheltered these "kids" are. Being a regular fundie would be a big step up.

Yes, that's Sarah. Isn't she a bit old to be going to one of these things??? Lord, she has to be in her 30's now.

ETA~ Here is her blog, for those who haven't seen it: simplysanctified.wordpress.com/

2 failed courtships have left her with a lot of fake happy going on. Most of her posts have a ring of sadness to them. Reminds me of a fundie I know irl. It's awfully hard for them when they don't get the only "job" they've ever been prepared for.

I believe ILoveJellybeans is referring to Sarah Maxwell...

Koala - who is this Sara? Never heard of her...

Whoever she is, I feel sorry for anyone who describes themself first and formost as an unworthy servant of Jesus Christ and a daughter of the King of Kings!

Sara Smith, ex-fiance of Chris Maxwell. She's bathing in the Gothard Kool-Aid (she worked with IBLP for a few years) but she has far to much spirit to be a Maxwell. While working for Gothard she did such ungodly things as live in Bejing (alone) for 3 months and travelled to a good number of other countries with IBLP ppl. She also wears skirts that come up to her knees, makeup and red nail polish. As far from NR-Anna as you could get and still be a fundie.

simplysanctified.wordpress.com/

Whoever she is, I feel sorry for anyone who describes themself first and formost as an unworthy servant of Jesus Christ and a daughter of the King of Kings!

and:

"I have three younger brothers (all married) and an adorable niece and nephew"

Sara Smith, ex-fiance of Chris Maxwell. She's bathing in the Gothard Kool-Aid (she worked with IBLP for a few years) but she has far to much spirit to be a Maxwell. While working for Gothard she did such ungodly things as live in Bejing (alone) for 3 months and travelled to a good number of other countries with IBLP ppl. She also wears skirts that come up to her knees, makeup and red nail polish. As far from NR-Anna as you could get and still be a fundie.

simplysanctified.wordpress.com/

OOOHH! thanks uber frau

I had never seen this lady before - Always only read about her

She is actually very pretty...Considering! How did they even get engaged? I don't see how they could have ever ever ever gotten in contact with each other. Yeah NR-Anna fits in with the Maxwell profile (Or what we as outsiders consider "Maxwell")

OOOHH! thanks uber frau

I had never seen this lady before - Always only read about her

She is actually very pretty...Considering! How did they even get engaged? I don't see how they could have ever ever ever gotten in contact with each other. Yeah NR-Anna fits in with the Maxwell profile (Or what we as outsiders consider "Maxwell")

Good Lord, I haven't a clue. Any reference to that blip in both of their lives has been well and truly scrubbed from both blogs. I suspect it was in the days when Stevehovah was a little less extreme and the Smith family were a little more.

Yes, that's Sarah. Isn't she a bit old to be going to one of these things??? Lord, she has to be in her 30's now.

ETA~ Here is her blog, for those who haven't seen it: simplysanctified.wordpress.com/

2 failed courtships have left her with a lot of fake happy going on. Most of her posts have a ring of sadness to them. Reminds me of a fundie I know irl. It's awfully hard for them when they don't get the only "job" they've ever been prepared for.

Poor Sarah must be feeling a little desperate by now since marriage is the goal for her and all the other young women in her circle. I've read a little about her courtship with Chris Maxwell, who was the other man?

Good Lord, I haven't a clue. Any reference to that blip in both of their lives has been well and truly scrubbed from both blogs. I suspect it was in the days when Stevehovah was a little less extreme and the Smith family were a little more.

She visited a theme park while wearing a skirt above the knee!!! :pink-shock:

She should get together with Elizabeth Munck and have a "Wow, did we dodge a bullet" party.

From one of the testimonials:

After my interview with Bill Gothard and declining his offer to pray with me about dedicating my body on the grounds of asking my parents, I talked to my Dad. He said, “It’s between you and God.â€

http://livingthejourney.com/2013/06/28/ ... scripture/

Bill Gothard prays with young girls about dedicating their bodies? That screams "crossing boundaries" and "grooming" to me. That guy is incredibly creepy, and if I was an ATI parent I would not send my child there. Good for this woman for refusing (although she does dissolve into fundy-speak later.)

Bill Gothard prays with young girls about dedicating their bodies? That screams "crossing boundaries" and "grooming" to me. That guy is incredibly creepy, and if I was an ATI parent I would not send my child there. Good for this woman for refusing (although she does dissolve into fundy-speak later.)

Dedicating their bodies to what?

Totally random, but I have an internet fundie friend who went on the last one of these jollies (in may/june?) In her last email she sent me some links about it And asked if there was anything else I wanted to know...? Obviously I'm not going to ask anything too probing - there are certain "cultural" differences between our lives we always carefully ignore - but what should I ask? Seeing this thread has reminded me I should reply :S

No no no no no no no no no no no!!! It sounds a lot like a fundie pick up line to me...

Why am I not surpised that he goes after the Journey to the Heart girls? Maybe thats how he picks his interns.

WHY IS THIS GUY STILL ALLOWED TO BE AROUND TEEN GIRLS???

This is creepy as all hell! Dedicating my body is something I've...umm....well....done....well y'all get the picture. :lol:

i was going through the pics from previous journeys and this one stuck out to me. there is a few ladies that i "know" - well follow or am fascinated by

the bates's ladies (3)

the almost maxwell sara lady

the other one that married the lawyer or something guy in canada and moved up

one or 2 more that i can't place

nice collection i'd say :)

post-1380-14451998108344_thumb.jpg

Can someone please explain the t shirts and the significance of the colors? How many times do these girls have to journey anyway?

Is that David Waller's sister (Rachelle?) next to Erin Bates in the 2009 pic?

ETA: I just realised that's the one that married the lawyer and moved to Canada :doh:

oh oh oh Yes and i found the other one i recognized too!

DavidlovesPrisilla's sister - top row third from the right

Archived