IGNORED

Lori Alexander: The Royal Baby vs. Jesus

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/07/a-baby-boy-has-been-born.html

Wow! I never remember such pomp and celebration given over the birth of a baby {except for Jesus and I will get there shortly}. Every television channel was interrupted to tell of this wonderful event. He is a big boy!

He will grow up to have every luxury one could imagine. He was born in the best hospital in England with the best doctors. He will live in a palace all the days of his life and will go to the best schools. He will have cameras in his face until the day he dies. The whole world will know all about this baby boy.

Compare that to another baby born hundreds of years ago. He was born in a stable to a young woman who was not even married to his father. He was born in a stable. Although there was no media, God rejoiced at His birth...the multitude of angels singing and the star.

The little prince will grow up to be a king some day. However, what will he accomplish in his life? The royalty in England are really just for show. I don't think they do much in the way of politics or anything. Yes, they are involved in charities and smash champagne bottles against big ships, but nothing that impacts a whole lot of people, except for purely entertainment purposes.

The baby born in a manger was God Himself. He left His home in heaven, became a man, lived a sinless life, and was crucified as if He was a criminal. He did this in order to save all those who believe upon His name from eternal damnation. I would say the contrast is quite stark. If He was born today, He would still be spit upon, mocked, and crucified regardless of how many people He healed and how many miracles He performed.

We are told in Scripture that this is not our home. Instead of putting your hope and excitement in a little prince who can do absolutely nothing for you, put your hope in the king of Kings who can save you from your sins, wash you clean, and make you holy. There is NO comparison. Thank you, Jesus, for the cross.

I guess Lori forgot about the military service that some monarchs have done.

I thought Lori would write a post about how happy she is that everyone is paying attention to a birth because it is a sign that the world is more pro-life or something like that.

Who is putting their 'hope' in this baby?

I'd love to see what this twit would say if it was a girl. She would ave an anyresum!

Oh ans, pssssssstttttt.... Jesus was born over 2,000 years ago. A fair bt more than 'hundreds'

A "friend" was spouting the same thing on fb yesterday. When I responded I've followed the royals she said she followed the royal Jesus. Then a friend of hers accused me of putting the baby above God and therefore I'm not a Christian?!?!

I'd love to see what this twit would say if it was a girl. She would ave an anyresum!

'

Agree! I just don't get why she is comparing two VERY different births!

A "friend" was spouting the same thing on fb yesterday. When I responded I've followed the royals she said she followed the royal Jesus. Then a friend of hers accused me of putting the baby above God and therefore I'm not a Christian?!?!

:lol:

People say the strangest things. So what if you are interested in a royal baby. No worse or better about being excited about a new much anticipated movie, TV show ,book or really anything that interests people. Folks just like to be all 'oh I don't like what the royals stand for' or 'who cares' etc. The Jesus thing is funny though. I wonder if Jesus is throwing a 'WAIT it's all about me party' right now. I doubt it. Even he gets fed up with it being all about him I imagine.

What a burden it must be to have to inject Jesus into every aspect of your own life and into the lives of others....the newborn prince. It really is like OCD.

Lori doesn't have much of a memory.

I was just talking about this yesterday with my husband. I clearly remember when William was born; his birth interrupted regularly scheduled programming and dominated the news of the day. I remember people being shocked that Diana had him in a hospital versus a palace and the fact that people were scandalized that Charles attended the birth.

If Lori thinks this child's birth has caused a bruhaha, she should have been in Japan with Prince Hisahito was born in '06. I was in neighboring Korea at the time, and there was nothing on the news in Seoul but stories and speculation about his birth. The reaction out of Japan was absolutely fantastic.

But yeah, to try to downplay or trivialize any child's birth, especially when you're claim to be "pro-life", because you see it as an attempt to overshadow Christ's birth, is both mean-spirited and petty.

Lori doesn't have much of a memory.

I was just talking about this yesterday with my husband. I clearly remember when William was born; his birth interrupted regularly scheduled programming and dominated the news of the day. I remember people being shocked that Diana had him in a hospital versus a palace and the fact that people were scandalized that Charles attended the birth.

If Lori thinks this child's birth has caused a bruhaha, she should have been in Japan with Prince Hisahito was born in '06. I was in neighboring Korea at the time, and there was nothing on the news in Seoul but stories and speculation about his birth. The reaction out of Japan was absolutely fantastic.

But yeah, to try to downplay or trivialize any child's birth, especially when you're claim to be "pro-life", because you see it as an attempt to overshadow Christ's birth, is both mean-spirited and petty.

I doubt my comment will see the light of day over there, but here it is:

No one is praising and worshiping this new baby. Everyone is just delighted and excited that a new baby is here. Yes, he's a bit 'special'--he will be king of England one day, after all. But no one is putting their hope in this little baby. That's ridiculous.

Sometimes things in the news are there just for fun, and for a relief from all the bad news. Can't we just enjoy this for that reason?

It could have been better, but her post just irritated me so much I couldn't think straight. :angry-banghead:

It is called a "Jesus Juke":

jonacuff.com/stuffchristianslike/2010/11/the-jesus-juke/

The common Jesus Juke in my corner of the U.S. is where the evangelicals interrupt light-hearted conversations about college football to sadly lament that big crowds never fill stadiums to cheer for Jesus.

The common Jesus Juke in my corner of the U.S. is where the evangelicals interrupt light-hearted conversations about college football to sadly lament that big crowds never fill stadiums to cheer for Jesus.

At the risk of thread hi-jacking I love the term "jesus juke"! My favorite was when a dental assistant chirped, "So, are you all ready for Christmas at your house?" My response was that because #1 son's birthday was in mid-Dec, we didn't put up a tree, etc. until the day after his birthday. She was shocked. "You put your child's birthday ahead of that of our Lord Jesus Christ?!?"

So much fail in that comment I didn't know where to start. Because, you know, Mary and Joseph always put up their tree, hung a wreath on the door, got their shopping done by the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Oh, wait. . .

John Shrader is always pulling this. "Why can't people be as excited for church as they are for the Super Bowl?!?"

:lol: The things you learn. Jesus juke. Can you use it for other boring things? Like when folks go on and on about their latest diet or something?

"Jesus Juker" should be a member title. :D

At the risk of thread hi-jacking I love the term "jesus juke"! My favorite was when a dental assistant chirped, "So, are you all ready for Christmas at your house?" My response was that because #1 son's birthday was in mid-Dec, we didn't put up a tree, etc. until the day after his birthday. She was shocked. "You put your child's birthday ahead of that of our Lord Jesus Christ?!?"

So much fail in that comment I didn't know where to start. Because, you know, Mary and Joseph always put up their tree, hung a wreath on the door, got their shopping done by the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Oh, wait. . .

This made me spew my Slurpee. :laughing-rolling:

Jesus Himself said that we'd better be about our work when He returns. What is that work? Visiting sick people and prisoners, finding clothes for people who need clothes, feeding the hungry, healing the sick. But if you listen to Lori, it's just scurrying around going "Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus" until the name loses all meaning.

I doubt my comment will see the light of day over there, but here it is:

No one is praising and worshiping this new baby. Everyone is just delighted and excited that a new baby is here. Yes, he's a bit 'special'--he will be king of England one day, after all. But no one is putting their hope in this little baby. That's ridiculous.

Sometimes things in the news are there just for fun, and for a relief from all the bad news. Can't we just enjoy this for that reason?

It could have been better, but her post just irritated me so Those who just don't know will be crying in mercy on judgement day :(much I couldn't think straight. :angry-banghead:

Great point!!!!

IN THIS CORNAAAAH, weighing in at 8 pounds 6 ounces, heir to the throne of England and future King, The Royaaaaaal Babyyyyy!

*cheers* *boos* *cheers*

AND IN THIS CORNAAAAAAH, weighing in at 7 pounds 3 ounces, son of the Virgin and God the Heavenly Father, King of Kings and Lord of Lords forever and ever hallelujah hallelujah, JEEEEEEEEEESUS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST!

*cheers* *boos* *cheers*

Now I want a good clean fair fight! Ready! And!

*DIIIINNNNNNNG!*

Guarantee if Jesus came back and played football it would attract a stadiums full. Cause its Jesus. Playing football.

"Jesus Juker" should be a member title. :D

This made me spew my Slurpee. :laughing-rolling:

I'm so going to use this! Oy vey people need help. Since when is Christmas about decorations & a tree?! The Christians banging us over the head with this really need to look at the point of Christmas.

IN THIS CORNAAAAH, weighing in at 8 pounds 6 ounces, heir to the throne of England and future King, The Royaaaaaal Babyyyyy!

*cheers* *boos* *cheers*

AND IN THIS CORNAAAAAAH, weighing in at 7 pounds 3 ounces, son of the Virgin and God the Heavenly Father, King of Kings and Lord of Lords forever and ever hallelujah hallelujah, JEEEEEEEEEESUS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST!

*cheers* *boos* *cheers*

Now I want a good clean fair fight! Ready! And!

*DIIIINNNNNNNG!*

According to Talledega Nights, Jesus was also 8lbs 6 oz. :lol:

Jesus Himself said that we'd better be about our work when He returns. What is that work? Visiting sick people and prisoners, finding clothes for people who need clothes, feeding the hungry, healing the sick. But if you listen to Lori, it's just scurrying around going "Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus" until the name loses all meaning.

Visiting sick people, donating clothes to poor people, and helping to feed the hungry sounds like something a royal would do. Whatever else you think about them, they do tons of charity work, and they also generate a lot of tourist dollars for England. Already I can see this kid accomplishing more than Looni has in her sad, pathetic life.

I highly doubt that.

Ya know, I think they sometimes forget that; according to their own holy book, it was god, Christs father who per-ordained that Christ was to die on the cross for god's purposes before Christ was even born. Otherwise the whole 'washed in the blood of the lamb' stuff is completely worthless. Plus, according to their instruction book, he got to rise from the dead after three days and go sit next to his dad. And, he KNEW this was all going to happen before it happened.

I'm so going to use this! Oy vey people need help. Since when is Christmas about decorations & a tree?! The Christians banging us over the head with this really need to look at the point of Christmas.

I'm a Christian, but I have to confess that I really hate the Christmas season. I usually lose myself in a bottle or two of Bailey's Irish Cream just before Christmas Eve and crawl back out long about New Years Day.

I'm a Christian, but I have to confess that I really hate the Christmas season. I usually lose myself in a bottle or two of Bailey's Irish Cream just before Christmas Eve and crawl back out long about New Years Day.

If Sev and I didn't have little Sevy, this would be our Christmas too. We tolerate Santa for a few days before Christmas, and he is a wonderful threat to get little feet to stay planted in their bed when supposed to. We just aren't Christmas-y types of people.

Now, Halloween... is a totally different story! :) heh! :whistle:

Archived