IGNORED

11-year-old runs away from home to escape arranged marriage.

tabitha2

She was fortunate to have a supportive uncle to run to. Most other girls in situations likt this probably have no one to run to. Sad.

The girl is so tiny and small. It is shocking to believe that anyone would believe she would be ready for marriage and possible pregnancy. Videos like this put a face on child marriage in a way that reading articles don't

What a brave little girl, Im glad she has a loving uncle who will take care of her and give her a proper childhood.

How can anyone think of this tiny child as ready for marriage, and what kind of disgusting person would want to marry her? No 11 year old is ready to get married, theyve still got a lot of growing to do before they can cope with a pregnancy, and should be spending these years at school, learning and playing with friends.

On this topic, I recommend anybody who hasn't read it already to pick up a copy of "I Am Nujood: Age 10 and Divorced"

haunting.

What a brave little girl. I'm so glad she was able to run to her uncle. It breaks my heart though, that she had family members who wanted to marry her off, especially since she had a relative who committed suicide after being forced into an abusive marriage at 14. :(

That video made me want to cry. She is so well-spoken and beautiful. But she is a CHILD!!!! My heart breaks for the girls in her situation and what she has had to go through to maintain her childhood.

In my professional life I have had the sorrow of working with a pregnant 11 year old. It's heart breaking on every level. There's this tiny child, one who should still be playing with her friends, and yet she's sitting there with a swollen belly - in that case because of her own father. In fact, that was the sight that made me pro-choice, rather than just kind of ambivalent. In my case, it was in a fairly "respectable" area of a major us city, and did not involve immigrants.

Eleven year olds should not have these problems. Anywhere in the world.

What a brave little girl!!! And that is what she is, a little girl, a brave little girl.

Archived