IGNORED

The Truth About Ruth - Part 4

happy atheist

Haha, that gem. It's been around a while. Was discussed on the Truth About Ruth blog (if not in a main post, at least in the comments), so (I ASSume) Anita was aware of it. "Ruth"'s poor attempt at a defense most likely, which never really got off the ground. It's up for me, but for those who can't see, the wayback machine has a capture of it from 2013 that's the same as how it looks now.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a webpage that is basically saying that RR was not a scam

Well..... what exactly is in a name?

For years now various people had thought that they'd figured out the puzzle of the blogger Ruth of Razing Ruth. There's just one problem. None of the evidence is anything that would hold up in court. It's conjecture, suppositions, assumptions. You know what they say about Assume? It makes an ass out of you and me.

What, prey tell, is the evidence that this nebulous "They" have?

They claim Ruth is a lady named C* living in first Bakersfield, California and now in Chicago, Illinois.

The list of supposed aliases includes

1 - Razing Ruth

2 - Possummomma

3 - Penn Mommy

4 - Scarlett75

5 - jhawksgirl

What is their evidence? They all come out of an IP address in Bakersfield.

IP addresses aren't exactly rock solid proof. In some areas you might have many users showing as coming from the same IP addy. All of those ladies could be coming off of an anonymiser service showing a Bakersfield IP when in actuality they could be anywhere in this big world. The IPS could have the one central connection point that allows people all over the state to connect to and shows up as the same Bakersfield IP address.

This is also based on leaked IP address information by the mods from the site Gosselins Do Not Need Our Pity. Pity they didn't post an IP log of the suspected members for all to see. We're expected just to take their word for it. Scouts honor.

Some of their life details match

Holy shit! AND they match with many other people who blog and I'd bet with many that blog in Bakersfield, Ca. since it isn't a tiny little town. I'd not be surprised to find a pile of housewives with similar details involved in internet blog hijinks.Again, not provable in a court of law.

Some of the travel IP addresses line up with where Ruth says she is traveling and C* says she is traveling

See above on how IP addresses aren't solid proof of anything.

Too much circumstantial evidence to prove much of anything.

8-12-2013 How Ruth Lasted So Long part 1

Lots of petty bs about how this one or that one might have said Ruth was real but no real direct quotes except from someone named "JO" Talk about mods at FJ emailing Vyckie Garrison at NLQ trying to pass on links to long threads filled with gossip and unproven rumors supposedly about Ruth being a fake. Nothing listed in the piles of links could conclusively say with absolute certainty that Ruth is all these other IDs.

What is driving all this pile on internet bullying behavior of total strangers? They criticize the reactions of the ones asked about Ruth, as if it's going to force cooperation in those that have no interest.

Here's hoping Ruth, or C* sues along with a few others as the site owner is spreading unprovable theories that are hurtful in nature. Libel, anyone?

!  {TEXT1}:
You can not post her real name here.

And for what it's worth, I've seen the IP evidence and it's a slam dunk.

• 1 year later...

How does one see IP evidence? I have a gut feeling that "Ruth" is scamming again on a site I visit. Always the broken car and each month another breakdown issue, always asking for money in gofundme (2 different ones),  always another problem, rent due, a needy child, no Christmas money, a 3rd person always "supporting" "encouraging" her requests.....

How does one see IP evidence? I have a gut feeling that "Ruth" is scamming again on a site I visit. Always the broken car and each month another breakdown issue, always asking for money in gofundme (2 different ones),  always another problem, rent due, a needy child, no Christmas money, a 3rd person always "supporting" "encouraging" her requests.....

Details please!

15 hours ago, jojo said:

I want deets, too!

But to answer your question, you would probably have to alert a moderator. Remember that she's been known to cozy up to them and get them on her side, though. There was a boatload of evidence you could show the mods at truth-about-ruth.com and scammer-in-a-minivan.com, but they were hacked and vanished. I can still see them in Feedly, fwiw. And you can read the first blog entry here: http://web.archive.org/web/20131123191628/http://www.truth-about-ruth.com/lets-raze-ruth-once-and-for-all and hopefully click through to newer posts.

On 12/24/2016 at 0:30 AM, CrazyCatLady said:

Details please!

The Wartburg Watch is the page I read. (its goal: “We are two Christian women who have seriously pursued our faith.  We have discovered some disturbing trends within Christendom which compelled us to start TWW.  Our goal is to shine a light into the darkness, exposing hypocrisy, heresy, and arrogance while also examining trends that affect the faith in the public square.  Truth and transparency are of utmost importance to us.)  #1 suspicion: Jeannette Altes. Usually within the first few hours of a new post, she posts her gofundme page. Her stories seem endless. I did write to a moderator last week to tell her of my suspicions, and I received no response. #2 suspicion: I am uncomfortable naming her…. I have been researching for the truth, and there may be some truth to her situation that I found today. Plus, a moderator has endorsed her. (Her son was sexually abused in a church.) #3. A third poster frequently refers us readers to go to the two gofundme pages. Maybe CIB herself drumming up her own support? Who knows? It is just so odd that these off topic gofundme pleas pop up in the middle of rather enlightening discussions. Again, these are just suspicious and gut feelings of mine based on her (specifically Jeannette Altes) writing style and her endless “neediness” posts to keep the money coming in. Plus, they seem so out of place on TWW.

On 12/24/2016 at 11:35 AM, halcionne said:

I want deets, too!

But to answer your question, you would probably have to alert a moderator. Remember that she's been known to cozy up to them and get them on her side, though. There was a boatload of evidence you could show the mods at truth-about-ruth.com and scammer-in-a-minivan.com, but they were hacked and vanished. I can still see them in Feedly, fwiw. And you can read the first blog entry here: http://web.archive.org/web/20131123191628/http://www.truth-about-ruth.com/lets-raze-ruth-once-and-for-all and hopefully click through to newer posts.

Thanks! I shall read through your links.

Archived