IGNORED

I Read It So You Don't Have To: Not Afraid of Life

GolightlyGrrl

I'm actually not convinced that Levi didn't rape her. No matter how obnoxious Bristol is, she still doesn't and didn't deserve rape. Since charges were never brought against Levi I guess I'll never know for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he did rape her.

As for Tripp finding out, it's Levi's fault for doing it and not Bristol's fault for revealing it. And as for the false accusation, they're rare even among people who have lied about other things.

I do agree that Bristol does not deserve rape, but like I said I do not believe her. Read some of the anti-Palin blogs...Immoral Minority, Malia Litman's blog and Sarah Palin has a serpent's heart to see the real and true Bristol Palin. She is a carbon copy of her mother.

Because of my own history, I tend to believe that levi did rape bristol. Most teenagers don't understand consent, so it wasn't until a few years ago that I realized that I was raped when I lost my virginity and many times afterward. When I lost mu virginity, I was 17 and had been dating this guy for a few months. He was my first love, and I had been thinking that I wanted him to be my first. Honestly, I thought he was the one and that we'd be together forever, like lots of 17 year olds think when they fall in love for the first time. The night I lost my virginity, I got extremely drunk (it was my second or third time ever being drunk) at my ex's dorm suite and ended up vomiting all over his bed. He didn't get mad and put the bedding in the wash and changed the sheets. In my drunken state, I remember thinking that was the sweetest thing ever and proof that I was right about him and should have sex with him that very night. So when he came back from the laundry and we started messing around, and we both got naked and he started trying to enter me, I didn't say no. I don't really remember much about the experience but I woke up the next day feeling great about things and we had sex that morning. He started treating me like shit a few weeks later but I didn't dump him because I had been raised religiously and thought I'd be a whore if I had sex with more than one guy. He went on to do what I now understand to be rape to me many times when I was passed out from drinking, but I thought it was okay because he was my boyfriend. He became physically abusive after our first year together, and after three years, he raped me forcefully while I was sober and asking him to stop. That, I immediately understood as rape but I didn't tell anyone because I didn't think I'd be believed since we were a couple and living together. I stayed with him for another year, and didn't leave until he choked me out so badly that I was starting to pass out. That's how bad it had to get for me to get over the hangups I had about having sex with more than one person. Also, I really did love my ex and seemed happy. Many people told me they were shocked when we broke up because we seemed so in love. So the fact that bristol stayed with levi says nothing about whether or not she lost her virginity consentually.

Well, someone had to read Bristol Palin's memoir. It might as well be me. I look forward to you comments.

http://blog.freejinger.org/when-i-first ... -teenager/

Ohh I can't wait to read this review. I didn't realize the book was out yet. How do you write a memoir at 20 or 21 whatever she is? Your brain isn't even done baking yet, ffs :roll:

Bristol has a history of publiclly disparaging Levi and lyingn even under oath. During the e-mail hacker trial she claimed they lived out in the middle of nowhere, they live along Lake Lucille which is within the Wasilla city limits and was concerned about her safety. This all happened during the campaign when there were Secret Service agents at the house to protect her. She also claims Levi ignores Tripp and is a deadbeat dad but its been documented that Levi has texts asking to see Tripp. Bristol is a proven liar and people like her are the reason rape victims do not come forward. She is no longer abstaining which also makes her a hypocrite.

She also claimed that photos that were leaked (of Trig) were of HER baby and how that traumatized her. Why no one in the media caught that and ran with that, I still don't understand.

Bristol has a history of publiclly disparaging Levi and lyingn even under oath. During the e-mail hacker trial she claimed they lived out in the middle of nowhere, they live along Lake Lucille which is within the Wasilla city limits and was concerned about her safety. This all happened during the campaign when there were Secret Service agents at the house to protect her. She also claims Levi ignores Tripp and is a deadbeat dad but its been documented that Levi has texts asking to see Tripp. Bristol is a proven liar and people like her are the reason rape victims do not come forward. She is no longer abstaining which also makes her a hypocrite.

I have never in my life spoken to a rape victim who didn't report it because "other women lie," or find ANYONE who could provide any reason whatsoever to suggest that the mudslinging against rape victims actually stems from women lying about it. I don't like her. I think it could be either true or false. But saying "Well, why did she X" as thought that proves something about ANYONE implies that if someone does it, it magically means it wasn't rape, and guess what? THAT is the shit that makes rape victims not come forward.

Bristol Palin is a lying liar who lies. There is no reason to believe she is a lying liar who lies but she absolutely was raped by Levi because women don't lie about something like that. Maybe she was, maybe she wasn't, but forgive me if I'm going to give a side glance or have some doubts when it comes to a woman with her history of making shit up out of whole cloth.

Bristol Palin is a lying liar who lies. There is no reason to believe she is a lying liar who lies but she absolutely was raped by Levi because women don't lie about something like that. Maybe she was, maybe she wasn't, but forgive me if I'm going to give a side glance or have some doubts when it comes to a woman with her history of making shit up out of whole cloth.

Of course women lie about rape. Women who lie about rape are the scum who make it harder for real victims to come forward. It damages the real victims of rape and violence to pretend otherwise.

Girls can also get confused about sex and consent and everything else when they are young, ignorant and or inexperienced.

Bristol Palin has a brand to protect. It is not hard for me personally to see which way her coin flips.

I wonder if she didn't press charges because Levi was her boyfriend and it's very hard to prove acquaintance/partner rape?

That or she wanted to sell her memoir and so she wrote about the experience as if she had no agency to make the decision and just let Levi be the bad guy.

As for people being mean to her on Dancing with the Stars? She had a terrible attitude on that show, she was entitled, didn't want to work and just seemed unhappy to be there.

Oh and speaking of the palin TV show, Willow is just an awful selfish human being. http://jezebel.com/5927157/willow-palin ... htfully-so but the scene with her mom talking about Syria was both depressing and hilarious. I just cannot imagine either Obama daughter being proud of how ignorant they are.

I have never in my life spoken to a rape victim who didn't report it because "other women lie," or find ANYONE who could provide any reason whatsoever to suggest that the mudslinging against rape victims actually stems from women lying about it. I don't like her. I think it could be either true or false. But saying "Well, why did she X" as thought that proves something about ANYONE implies that if someone does it, it magically means it wasn't rape, and guess what? THAT is the shit that makes rape victims not come forward.

I think my problem is that Bristol and Sarah Palin are documented liars. The "rape" materializes just in time for a book. To actually say Bristol Palin deserves the benefit of the doubt because she can type the word "rape" and that it shouldn't bear the scrutiny of everything else she says does a disservice to real victims of sexual violence.

And I am sure you have never met a rape victim who says she has not come forward because she feels she won't be believed because other women. She never came forward for you to meet.

It should be noted that most rapists are repeat offenders. If Levi did rape Bristol, then there is likely other victims. However, I believe it would be likely that if there was another victim, she would have come forward, considering that most of the country does not view Levi in the best light.

I have zero interest in Bristol Palin outside of snarkability, so I'm glad you used the review to recommend better books. Atlas of the Human Heart is going on my Books to (Possibly) Buy list. Said list is scribbled on multiple scraps of paper scattered all over my house, and even though my stacks of unread books are mountainous, I still buy the occasional new one. And even READ it at once.

I have zero interest in Bristol Palin outside of snarkability, so I'm glad you used the review to recommend better books. Atlas of the Human Heart is going on my Books to (Possibly) Buy list. Said list is scribbled on multiple scraps of paper scattered all over my house, and even though my stacks of unread books are mountainous, I still buy the occasional new one. And even READ it at once.

One of the reasons I have my cleanse the palate section is so I can promote vastly superior books. I really think you'll like "Atlas of the Human Heart." It is so good. Ariel Gore is a fabulous writer.

And to everyone else, thanks for the comments.

It should be noted that most rapists are repeat offenders. If Levi did rape Bristol, then there is likely other victims. However, I believe it would be likely that if there was another victim, she would have come forward, considering that most of the country does not view Levi in the best light.

I completely disagree with this. Levi is a public figure and any victim who came forward would face enormous victim-blaming and slut-shaming, especially in a conservative area, and especially because Levi probably isn't the violent stranger-rapist type. Too many people wouldn't even consider it rape if it's from an acquaintance, especially a boyfriend.

[removing some quotes-in-quotes-in-quotes here]

I think my problem is that Bristol and Sarah Palin are documented liars. The "rape" materializes just in time for a book. To actually say Bristol Palin deserves the benefit of the doubt because she can type the word "rape" and that it shouldn't bear the scrutiny of everything else she says does a disservice to real victims of sexual violence.

And I am sure you have never met a rape victim who says she has not come forward because she feels she won't be believed because other women. She never came forward for you to meet.

To clarify, I am not saying "give her the benefit of the doubt", I am saying "don't say 'well if it really was rape, why did she stay with him?'", because that shit is seriously toxic for the many, many women who were raped and did stay with them.

Or, to put it another way, it's a bit like saying "I can tell she's lying because she wouldn't have stayed if it were true!" and therefore suggests the same standard for every other allegation in similar circumstances.

To clarify, I am not saying "give her the benefit of the doubt", I am saying "don't say 'well if it really was rape, why did she stay with him?'", because that shit is seriously toxic for the many, many women who were raped and did stay with them.

Or, to put it another way, it's a bit like saying "I can tell she's lying because she wouldn't have stayed if it were true!" and therefore suggests the same standard for every other allegation in similar circumstances.

Exactly!

Archived