IGNORED

Gothard's IMI program

skinch

On Nate Paine's blog ( freeingthecaptives.blogspot.com ) he mentions that he has just finished the ATI 'International Ministerial Institute' 3-year program. ati.iblp.org/ati/students/opportunities/imi/

It's already been mentioned on FJ that it's a possible red flag (for anyone who hasn't drunk the Kool-Aid) that the website says

Our Web site and brochures are purposely vague, because we cannot communicate the heart of IMI in print.

But that's not the bit that has me curious right now. I hope someone who understands the mindset could shed some light on this part

IMI has been in existence now for over ten years, and we have often been asked when we would open an IMI for young women. This last February, the Lord began to confirm to us through Scripture, the Holy Spirit, and authorities that this was His desire.

Bolding mine. What are authorities? Aren't the type of protestants / Calvinists who tend to be keen on ATI known for believing only the Bible - KJV of course - and the Holy Spirit - who lays things on their hearts? I maybe have misunderstood their beliefs, but the reliance on undefined 'authorities' surprises me.

On Nate Paine's blog ( freeingthecaptives.blogspot.com ) he mentions that he has just finished the ATI 'International Ministerial Institute' 3-year program. ati.iblp.org/ati/students/opportunities/imi/

It's already been mentioned on FJ that it's a possible red flag (for anyone who hasn't drunk the Kool-Aid) that the website says

But that's not the bit that has me curious right now. I hope someone who understands the mindset could shed some light on this part

Bolding mine. What are authorities? Aren't the type of protestants / Calvinists who tend to be keen on ATI known for believing only the Bible - KJV of course - and the Holy Spirit - who lays things on their hearts? I maybe have misunderstood their beliefs, but the reliance on undefined 'authorities' surprises me.

How I read that sentence is bolded above.

Since it concerns a ministry for young women, who, as we all know, are mere property, I would interpret "authorities" as "fathers" or any other male headship in charge of decision making.

Yes, perhaps several ATI-following fathers had said to the management that they 'had a peace' about their daughters going to IMI, and so then Gothard realised there'd be $$ in it.

But not that many $$, seeing as Chad's photo of the 'graduating class' shows only seven people. btw does anyone recognise any of the class?

This is a weird way of saying they want to get married and are looking for women under the guise of a biblical relationship with the Father. Just say: They are young men wanting to have a relationship with like minded women. Those wish wish to dedicate 3 years of your life to the program, in hope of meeting and possible engagement after the program, need to apply within. There! :mrgreen:

I'm still lost, is this for men or women? And.. are they becoming like, ordained ministers? Why don't any ATI peeps become ministers?

Archived