IGNORED

Divorce to blame for the death of Trayvon Martain??? - Lori

With magical thinking, anything is possible. Think I'll get a discount on my groceries tomorrow if I blame high food prices for Justin Bieber being an asshole?

Also, even Google knows that Lori Alexander is a monster. Well done, Google.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said it before, but man, does she make my head spin.

Uh Lori, the lack of a father in the home probably does less damage in many circumstances than growing up in a two parent home where the parents model a very unhealthy relationship. Hint hint. You already have one child possibly running for the hills, and I wouldn't want to be around when your other kids finally crack.

And just to repeat because I think Lori has severe comprehension issues (nothing seems to get past the blocker she has on her ears, and she only hears what's in her own head already)... Trayvon Martin was not the agressor here. Whatever he may have done in his past, whatever he may possibly have had planned in the future - he was doing NOTHING at that present time that warranted Zimmerman following him and challenging him. The fault is Zimmerman's.

So unless she is seriously arguing that - Being raised by a single parent = an intense craving for a candy bar = please suspect me of bad behavior and shoot me - her argument has no bearing on this case.

Or maybe she would like to comment on Zimmerman's upbringing and see what could have led him to being a self-important, overzealous, cop wannabe. :x

I know this is taking her words out of context, but her entire life is out of context so I figure the bitch deserves it:

I hate to break it to her but she is completely wrong.

100% of black children are born with fathers. In fact 100% of ALL children are born with fathers..at this point homo sapiens are unable to reproduce without a male and a female of the species copulating or at least mixing their sperm and egg in some fashion. We have not yet achieved starfish status.

An immature response to an imbecilic blog post.

Wouldn't that be amazing though? Asexual reproduction for just one race!

Wouldn't that be amazing though? Asexual reproduction for just one race!

Asexual reproduction would mean MRAs could reproduce. :(

What I'm trying to figure out is how Martin's parents staying married would have prevented Zimmerman from shooting him.

Zimmerman:"Oh, forgive me kind sir, but I must ask... are your parents married? They are? Well, I bid you farewell and will very much not shoot you with this concealed firearm I possess."

The only thing I could come up with is that Lori thought that Trayvon's father would have been with Trayvon if Trayvon's parents were still married. That doesn't work though, as Zimmerman would have been even more suspicious of two African-American men walking together at night. She' s a nutter. :cray-cray:

The only thing I could come up with is that Lori thought that Trayvon's father would have been with Trayvon if Trayvon's parents were still married. That doesn't work though, as Zimmerman would have been even more suspicious of two African-American men walking together at night. She' s a nutter. :cray-cray:

Obviously all Trayvon had to do to ward off murderers was eat fresh fruit and vegetables. Maybe if his parents had been married, he'd have been taught that.

Stephanie

Trayvon's parents may have been divorced but he was a high school student with a 3.7 grade point average and was on his way to college. I don't believe this was racial but Mr. Zimmerman saw a kid walking down the street in a hoodie and on the phone to the dispatcher called him an asshole and a punk. He also made reference to "they always get away." At that point, Trayvon had done NOTHING wrong. George Zimmerman profiled this boy as a criminal, followed him against the orders of the dispatcher knowing that he was armed with a gun, and shot him when Trayvon tried to defend himself. As a teacher, I know all about the breakdown of family but I have also witnessed a lot of divorced parents working together to raise good kids. Your post is way off mark!!!

Lori Alexander

Can you show me where you get your facts, Stephanie? All of the physical evidence, including eyewitnesses, support Zimmerman's story. I would love to know where you got the 3.7 grade point average...I have heard completely the opposite.

Stephanie

Have you listened to the 911 tapes??? My impression of the case was that there were no eyewitnesses. Nobody actually saw anything. That is why he got off....It was his word against Trayvon's and Trayvon isn't talking. As far as the 3.7 GPA, I followed the trial on HLN. Those details were discussed on their trial coverage.

I hope Lori gets really fucking slammed in the comments.

It looks like my comment didn't go through. Not surprising. One of Lori's commenters also seems to believe that Hispanic is a race.

Kim · 1 hour ago

Racism includes judging a situation by the races of those involved. The national interpretation of this event, especially by millions of Americans who have never read any of the transcripts, is RACIST. White man, black minor--immediately a race issue. (And Zimmerman is Hispanic!) It's also foolish--civil rights lawyers took on this case 6 weeks after the DA had decided not to file charges with the explicit goal of garnering national attention and making it a race issue. They gained the support of the NAACP and media outlets, who presented aspects of the incident in a false manner that they later had to retract (for instance, the altered 911 transcript broadcast by ABC--Zimmerman never brought up Martin's race until asked by the dispatcher.) By then, it was too late for this guy. Millions of Americans apparently believe what they are told by people with personal interest in turning this tragedy into a media circus, further dividing Americans and reigniting racial bias.

If anything, this was a gun control issue. If anything, this was AGE or attire profiling. How many times when I was a teenager out walking or hanging out at a park or in a lot at night did concerned citizens approach me or call the cops on me? I may have been annoyed or offended, but I respected their concerns and left the area. I understood that teenagers in the kind of attire I usually wore, hanging out in such areas at night, tend to be responsible for trouble-making, vandalism, or violence; their concerns were justified. It is a tragedy that this young man was shot and killed over something so silly, but the transcripts and witness reports reveal that he pinned and beat Zimmerman. Here's the key lesson to take from this incident--teach your young men that being tough doesn't mean they have to fight. What do you do when some guy is eying you and calling the cops to report you? Don't bash his skull into the concrete when you are 70 yards from the safety of your own home.

I can see men in my life making the same mistakes as Zimmerman, imagining themselves responsible protectors of the community or their families. This was a TRAGEDY, not a malicious hate crime. Both men made mistakes; neither were perfect and neither were evil or broken.

I can't believe I've watched weeks of this trial and seen people pouring out passionate hate or admiration (?!) for Zimmerman when at the same time over 70 people, including several small children, have been shot in my hometown over one holiday weekend. Nobody blinked an eye. A 5 year old shot for no reason? There's a national news story. There's some fodder for discussion and passionate anger.

It continues to irk me that people misuse the term Hispanic as a racial term. Lori and her fangirls need to quit claiming that a Hispanic race exists.

I hope Lori gets really fucking slammed in the comments.

I bet she isn't letting a lot of comments go through. As I mentioned my comment didn't go through. I hope Lori at least looked at the wikipedia link about White Hispanics.

It looks like my comment didn't go through. Not surprising. One of Lori's commenters also seems to believe that Hispanic is a race.

Talking about racism makes you a racist, you guys. What is with privileged people and thinking not talking about racism is the way to make it go away? :angry-fire:

Lady, if there is even one solitary man in your life who would stalk an unarmed teen, initiate a fight with said an unarmed teen, start losing that fight because the unarmed teen was fighting back/protecting himself, and then take out a gun and kill the unarmed teen, then you need to take a long hard look at your life and your choices.

FFS, that is not something to brag about or publicize in any way.

This is the most hateful thing I have ever seen:

Thank you for never being afraid to speak the truth. Excellent post. The verse that comes to mind for me is Proverbs 22:6 "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." I know parenting is hard, but children who are trained in the Lord would not have been suspended from school for the things he had done. If he were not suspended he would have still been in Miami and none of this would have happened. God's ways are the best. We need to train our children in The Lord.

An example that my very wise grandfather once told me was of a boy who never listened to his parents. His parents never disciplined him. My grandfather told his sons that the boy would either end up in jail or dead one day if he was never disciplined. Several years had passed and my grandfather found out the boy died (as a teenager) while joyriding with friends and everyone in the car instantly died.

They are blaming this young man and his poor parents

Well, Lori Alexander is a monster, so what do we really expect? I already guessed she was a racist person and she just proved it.

Side not: Martin was 17, not 15 as someone claimed above. And the Stand Your Ground law was not used in the case, so it's unimportant to this particular case.

I personally use the term Hispanic/Latino when someone's race/ethnicity is asked about (though humans are humans and honestly, I don't get why it matters) and I don't know where they originated, but would be considered as such. Yes, it's an ethnicity and not a race, but I don't know what else to say when someone would ask (My ex was mixed Hispanic, and that's how he referred to himself honestly-Hispanic). From people I know, they prefer to be identified by the origin country Cuban-American, for example. My ex was a mix of ancestry in the Caribbean and Latin America, so he just said Hispanic to those who asked and yes, people would randomly ask him where he was from and what color he was. Problem is also that when asked about race in questions, Hispanic/Latino is used quite often and white (non-Hispanic) is what I always say. There's not a place to say you are a White Hispanic or what "type" of Hispanic a person is at all. As a result, I imagine this confuses a lot of people. Regardless, when people don't understand this, simple explanation can fix that (if they are willing to actually listen and Lori never listens to anyone but herself. Even Kelly C, as awful as she is, is willing to admit when she makes a little mistake). For the average person, I'd say to take it easier and don't get mad at someone for this minor mistake. Since it's Lori, I say feel free to mock her ignorance and refusal to acknowledge her stupidity

Because the children of intact families never, EVER, go to the store to buy Skittles and ice tea.

this is actually a true fact.

In fact the longer ones parents (heterosexual only) have beenn married

the more severely one becomes allergic and this can extend

to other candies such as sprees, smarties, and even the five flavor life savors

My parents have been married almost 55 years and I have to carry an epipen and an

inhaler

I can also only drink grown up ice teas now. Again all true facts, just like Lori's

Source because I know you ignorant doubters: The World Weekly News (I only use impeccable sources).

this is actually a true fact.

In fact the longer ones parents (heterosexual only) have beenn married

the more severely one becomes allergic and this can extend

to other candies such as sprees, smarties, and even the five flavor life savors

My parents have been married almost 55 years and I have to carry an epipen and an

inhaler

I can also only drink grown up ice teas now. Again all true facts, just like Lori's

Source because I know you ignorant doubters: The World Weekly News (I only use impeccable sources).

I hate to break it to you but your source is actually better than Lori's. The WWN occasionally comes out with a fact. Lori's source is her own head which appears to be operating in a parallel universe and wouldn't know a fact if it got hit with one.

"Build a solid marriage and family for their children. This is the greatest protection for them and then encourage them to teach their children not to be walking around alone at night and never get in a fight with an adult..."

What a GREAT solution, and so WONDERFULLY easy to apply as well.....

Well, Lori Alexander is a monster, so what do we really expect? I already guessed she was a racist person and she just proved it.

Side not: Martin was 17, not 15 as someone claimed above. And the Stand Your Ground law was not used in the case, so it's unimportant to this particular case.

I personally use the term Hispanic/Latino when someone's race/ethnicity is asked about (though humans are humans and honestly, I don't get why it matters) and I don't know where they originated, but would be considered as such. Yes, it's an ethnicity and not a race, but I don't know what else to say when someone would ask (My ex was mixed Hispanic, and that's how he referred to himself honestly-Hispanic). From people I know, they prefer to be identified by the origin country Cuban-American, for example. My ex was a mix of ancestry in the Caribbean and Latin America, so he just said Hispanic to those who asked and yes, people would randomly ask him where he was from and what color he was. Problem is also that when asked about race in questions, Hispanic/Latino is used quite often and white (non-Hispanic) is what I always say. There's not a place to say you are a White Hispanic or what "type" of Hispanic a person is at all. As a result, I imagine this confuses a lot of people. Regardless, when people don't understand this, simple explanation can fix that (if they are willing to actually listen and Lori never listens to anyone but herself. Even Kelly C, as awful as she is, is willing to admit when she makes a little mistake). For the average person, I'd say to take it easier and don't get mad at someone for this minor mistake. Since it's Lori, I say feel free to mock her ignorance and refusal to acknowledge her stupidity

I stand corrected. (See, Lori? It's not that hard to admit when you're wrong.)

I am baffled about the fact that she doesn't want to admit the deceased had a 3.7 GPA. I mean, the kid is dead. Why the desire to trash his GPA? What does it matter?

Gah-I can't even wrap my head around Lori's post. What a vicious, mean-spirited woman and racist as all get out.

Lori Alexander is a fucking monster.

Oh, for fuck's sake. I divorced my kids' father when my son was 2.5. He knows who his father is and even lived with him for a time. And she needs to take a basic stats class..."unmarried birth" doesn't mean there is no father in the picture. Usually, there is. They are just NOT MARRIED. They might be gay, they might be living together, they might be living apart but committed to their child.

Jeffrey Dahmer had his father in his life. And, as someone else posted, BOTH of the Columbine shooters had both parents married to each other in middle class homes. (I also read "Columbine.")

So we are supposed to believe that her sons never ever went for a walk at night? Never went to the store for candy? Because that is what she is saying: if his parents had been married, he would never have gone for a walk. And also I will eat all the hats if Ken didn't teach his sons to defend themselves against ANY aggressor regardless of age.

Lori Alexander is a vile, ignorant, hateful racist.

I can't even imagine what drives Lori Alexander. Her thinking is so shallow and immature, I'm horrified by the fact that she homeschooled her children.

According to Lori, the only real victim here is Zimmerman:

Fran

To say this case has nothing to do with race is oversimplifying this issue. Zimmerman probably wasn't a racist, but he may have made assumptions and poor decisions in the moment that were influenced by Treyvon's race (among other things). Treyvon's age, gender, attire, and the time of day were probably also factors. But this boy is dead. Whether he was valedictorian or a drop-out, whether his parents were married or he never knew his father, has little to do with the incidents that night. Zimmerman had no way of knowing whether this boy had good grades or came from a broken home simply by observing him. Instead, Zimmerman made judgments and assumptions based on this boy's appearance. Treyvon had just turned 17 and was out for some candy and soda at around 10 pm. I am a white girl who did happen to graduate high school with a 4.0 and was known as a goody tissues, but at 17, on more than one occasion, I walked to the local store for a snack later in the evening. If Zimmerman had seen me as a blond-haired, blue eyed white teen in a hoodie walking by myself at that time of night, he very well might have offered me a ride home. He probably wouldn't have called 911 and then disregarded the 911 operator's instructions to not get out of his car. I do agree with you Lori about the importance of husbands and fathers being there for their families. I also agree that the rate of minority women birthing babies out of wedlock is sorrowfully high. However, I wonder if we, as white women in a majority white society, are too quick to label any instance of possible racial injustice as purely separated from race because we often feel overloaded with media and messaging blaming race for much of what is wrong in society, from economic disparities, to why minorities have a more difficult time navigating the waters of life. I admit, I have felt this at times when I have seen a talk show where slavery was repeatedly brought up as the direct reason for the dysfunction in many African American households today. However, in the Zimmerman case, to have an honest discussion about the facts and their implications, to deny race played a role would be like trying to take the water out of watermelon. I admit I still don't get all of the race implications of this case, but I don't deny that they are present. Here is an interesting perspective from a black christian man http://smwatkins.com/2013/07/14/reflections-on-be...

Lori Alexander

Zimmerman was the one who was beat up. His nose was broken and he had gashes all over his head. Trayvon was much bigger than Zimmerman and did not have one scratch on him except the bullet shot. There had been many robberies in the neighborhood. It is hard for me to understand how Trayvon could be innocent when Zimmerman had so many injuries to his head. The police didn't even arrest him that night after looking at him. Zimmerman kept yelling for help but no one would help him. No, he should not have shot him but at the time, under the circumstances, he must have felt it was his only option.

Archived