IGNORED

boys playing with girls toys?

Melissa1977

I'm surprised both Bates and Josh Duggar had published pictures of their sons playing with toy kitchens. I know they're toddlers but I thought they couldn't play with "girl" toys. Are they relaxing the brainwashing a bit?

I'm surprised both Bates and Josh Duggar had published pictures of their sons playing with toy kitchens. I know they're toddlers but I thought they couldn't play with "girl" toys. Are they relaxing the brainwashing a bit?

I would imagine it is difficult to keep little boys away from their sisters' kitchen sets. As far as the Duggars go, Josh has been shown "making breakfast" for his father after he lost that weight loss challenge, Jim Bob pretended to be completely incompetent making an omelet, and howlers have been shown microwaving things and making turkey bacon for themselves and the lost girls. So kitchens aren't off limits for males, even if they aren't their domain.

I think if youre a Duggar, you need to learn how to cook because if you dont, its empty ice cream cones and candy if your buddy forgets to feed you.

Its good that they arent shaming the kids for playing with the toy kitchen, although it is hard to keep them away and make sure the boys dont play with girl toys with so many kids to supervise at once.

I am still surprised they have not lost more Duggars to scurvy

Ppl like the Duggars are the reason processed food has to be fortified with vitamins and minerals. It's okay eating nutritionally void items occasionally but the Duggars actually expect them to be the majority (or entirety) of their diet.

I suppose it's a good thing. At least the Duggarlettes aren't completely malnourished.

I wonder what their reaction would be if the little girls were playing with their brother's toys?

Don't the Duggars only get rigourous in their enforcement of gender expectations after a certain age? I think we've seen evidence of the tomboys being pushed into girl roles when they're deemed too old.

Don't the Duggars only get rigourous in their enforcement of gender expectations after a certain age? I think we've seen evidence of the tomboys being pushed into girl roles when they're deemed too old.

I think this is correct. Joy was the most obvious one here. Of course, every once in awhile they throw in an FU Internets episode, like the one where the girls learned how to change the oil in a car. In flip flops, naturally.

I think if youre a Duggar, you need to learn how to cook because if you dont, its empty ice cream cones and candy if your buddy forgets to feed you.

Its good that they arent shaming the kids for playing with the toy kitchen, although it is hard to keep them away and make sure the boys dont play with girl toys with so many kids to supervise at once.

Oh god, that sounds like a kid who neglects his pets. Reminds me of that movie, "Queen of Versailles," about the rich family who lost everything. They had a pet iguana or something, and when they had to let a few of the maids go, the kids didn't feed it and it died. One of the kids said "I didn't even know we had an iguana."

I think this is correct. Joy was the most obvious one here. Of course, every once in awhile they throw in an FU Internets episode, like the one where the girls learned how to change the oil in a car. In flip flops, naturally.

Jackson actually referenced his forced separation from Hannie when he very sadly said she wasn't able to play Tonto when he was Lone Ranger anymore and mentioned something about dolls, implying she had do girlie things now.

Jackson is sort of the boy version of Joy. He seems more comfortable being amongst all the girls (the howlers probably torture him) and this past season he was shown sleeping in their room again. But the Duggars can't have any kids that don't stay in their gender role boxes. The twins have already been so conditioned they almost fainted when the TLC crew told them the robes they wore in samurai class were called "kimonos". (and it's telling that the TLC crew knew they'd almost faint over that.)

Slightly off topic, but can I just say I really love my non gender conforming 6 year old boy? He loves nailpolish. His teacher told me that when he came to kindergarten with polished nails a couple kids teased him. He just rolled his eyes and basically said that he liked his nails and whatever. That week, all the boys came in with some type of nail polish on. Today he asked my mom if he could get a manicure with her. Wouldn't you love to see a howler or a Joshua Maxwell pulling that off?

A fundie on Twitter asked her followers if it was okay for boys to wear a teething necklace :roll:

U got to be kidding? What a nut!

Slightly off topic, but can I just say I really love my non gender conforming 6 year old boy? He loves nailpolish. His teacher told me that when he came to kindergarten with polished nails a couple kids teased him. He just rolled his eyes and basically said that he liked his nails and whatever. That week, all the boys came in with some type of nail polish on. Today he asked my mom if he could get a manicure with her. Wouldn't you love to see a howler or a Joshua Maxwell pulling that off?

This story warms my heart! It's kids like that who will change the world!

I, too, thought it was commonplace for fundies to forbid boys from playing with girls' toys. I have a co-worker from Romania and he was stressing out because his son's daycare let the boy play with dolls. :roll: I don't know if this is a common E. European mindset, but I also have a friend from Bulgaria who is the same way. I don't mean to point out any particular regions, but these two guys are adamant about it.

Love that. My little guy asked his dad if he could have a boy wife when he grew up and my hubby said " sure, whatever floats your boat." :D

Archived