IGNORED

Making the Duggar family on The Sims- any ideas?

lawlifelgbt

Oddly, I'm having a ton of fun with my Freaky Fundie save. Trixie and Carl Hank have two children and a third on the way. So far she's gotten pregnant within hours of each birth and I just got her the Fertility Treatment lifetime wish. This should get interesting.

For anyone interested: http://freakyfundiesims.tumblr.com/

Sorry, it's not in chronological order. I still haven't figured out the new trick for doing that on tumblr. You'll have to go back to the beginning and read from the bottom up.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha I love this. I just have the Sims freeplay on my ipad. Can't do giant families on it, but I did the divergent factions.

Haha I love this. I just have the Sims freeplay on my ipad. Can't do giant families on it, but I did the divergent factions.

Yeah that's all I have too. So now I am incredibly envious and NEED all the coolness of Sims 3 or 4. Oh yeah, and a laptop.

I did use a glitch previously and have a family with like 40 toddlers on freeplay -- maybe if I get motivated I'll turn half of them into appropriately aged Duggar's

EA offered the ENTIRE Sim 2 set for free on their site a few months ago, so I got a copy of it. I hadn't played in a very long time because they are so expensive. We had the original Sims many, many moons ago and even played Sims Online for a few months.

I never thought of making a fundy family in it. I might have to try it. Reading about everyone else's families is kind of inspiring. I did start off with one of the pre-made families who had a mom, dad, grandma & 3 kids (teen, child, toddler). The mom was pregnant when I started and had twins right away. I reloaded repeatedly to get twin girls. lol

I did not know there was a hack to have more kids. Very tempted to go find it. I know Sims 2 has way more user-content than Sims 3 and I spend way too much time browsing Mod The Sims for stuff, so I'm surprised I never found it.

ETA: I just checked to see if by any chance they were still giving it away, but it ended July 31.

Those are awesome!

Is there an available floor plan of the Duggar house somewhere....and how big is it? It looks huge! I tried drawing out a floor plan of a house for a Duggar sized family, but it looks nowhere near as big as the Duggar house. In fact, I worked out that Jill's house is a bit bigger. Maybe I misjudged things? Or I just have a tendency to go for smaller houses as houses over here are smaller?

Those are awesome!

Is there an available floor plan of the Duggar house somewhere....and how big is it? It looks huge! I tried drawing out a floor plan of a house for a Duggar sized family, but it looks nowhere near as big as the Duggar house. In fact, I worked out that Jill's house is a bit bigger. Maybe I misjudged things? Or I just have a tendency to go for smaller houses as houses over here are smaller?

I did a google web and image search for Duggar Home Floorplan, and various other related words and phrases -- , it took a little digging, But I got the layout and the size. It's right about 7,000 square feet -- so yes, huge! I did my Sims Freeplay house to approximate size just based on how many squares beds took up, and estimated from there to get the same basic size and shape. To build on freeplay it's pretty limited.

And yes, I do have too much time on my hands....why do you ask? :embarrassed: :lol:

EA offered the ENTIRE Sim 2 set for free on their site a few months ago, so I got a copy of it. I hadn't played in a very long time because they are so expensive. We had the original Sims many, many moons ago and even played Sims Online for a few months.

I never thought of making a fundy family in it. I might have to try it. Reading about everyone else's families is kind of inspiring. I did start off with one of the pre-made families who had a mom, dad, grandma & 3 kids (teen, child, toddler). The mom was pregnant when I started and had twins right away. I reloaded repeatedly to get twin girls. lol

I did not know there was a hack to have more kids. Very tempted to go find it. I know Sims 2 has way more user-content than Sims 3 and I spend way too much time browsing Mod The Sims for stuff, so I'm surprised I never found it.

ETA: I just checked to see if by any chance they were still giving it away, but it ended July 31.

The glitch I used to get unlimited kids in a house was on Sims Freeplay, which is pretty different from regular Sims. It's a free version of the game for tablets and phones. They've done updates that got rid of the glitch since I did it though.

The glitch I used to get unlimited kids in a house was on Sims Freeplay, which is pretty different from regular Sims. It's a free version of the game for tablets and phones. They've done updates that got rid of the glitch since I did it though.

I wish I could get that glitch! I have 25 people and it won't give me more.

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone wanted to see the progress of the Drummers...

The password to all of them is my username.

Rules for the family

Arrow #1

Arrow #2

Arrow #3

Arrow #4

Arrows #5 and #6

Arrow #7

Arrow #8

Arrow #9

Arrow #10

Arrows #11 and #12

Arrows #13 and #14

Arrow #15

Check-in #1

No More Arrows #1

No More Arrows #2

Check-in #2

Love everyone else's stories!! Keep 'em coming :)

Just learned if you have boolprop cheats enabled on Sims 2 you can force babies to be made.

I decided to speed things along a bit. I adopted the first four children. (Jana was pale, Jill sort of tan, Josh was cocoa like, and then oh my goodness John David. He was like Batron on Kid Farm. Josh blends in now. Anyway Michelle was knocked up and it wouldn't let me adopt anymore so i knew i had twins coming. Jana and Jill became toddlers and learned to walk and talk at the same time. They are a day apart in age. So i did some looking and found i could create random babies by getting the tombstone of life and death. Trouble with that though is it makes the names of the children "Baby Boy" or "Baby Girl" until they are toddlers when you can change their names. It gave me a baby boy so that's Joseph. Hours later, Jessa and Jinger were born.

So i currently have two toddlers and five babies. They are hiring a nanny to help out. I am half tempted to create a random teenager out of thin air to help out and then kill her once Jana and Jill become teens.

Annnd the game crashed.

Sooo maybe now that I know how to create babies out of thin air and how to create them in the right order (if Michelle uses the Life and Death Tombstone, its a boy, if Jim Bob does it, its a girl) I can make my Duggar family the right way, AND I can do this a little more realistically... each time a baby transitions to toddler, I will make a new baby, except for when twins are supposed to be.

But they don't get names until they are toddlers.

Just learned if you have boolprop cheats enabled on Sims 2 you can force babies to be made.

I decided to speed things along a bit. I adopted the first four children. (Jana was pale, Jill sort of tan, Josh was cocoa like, and then oh my goodness John David. He was like Batron on Kid Farm. Josh blends in now. Anyway Michelle was knocked up and it wouldn't let me adopt anymore so i knew i had twins coming. Jana and Jill became toddlers and learned to walk and talk at the same time. They are a day apart in age. So i did some looking and found i could create random babies by getting the tombstone of life and death. Trouble with that though is it makes the names of the children "Baby Boy" or "Baby Girl" until they are toddlers when you can change their names. It gave me a baby boy so that's Joseph. Hours later, Jessa and Jinger were born.

So i currently have two toddlers and five babies. They are hiring a nanny to help out. I am half tempted to create a random teenager out of thin air to help out and then kill her once Jana and Jill become teens.

Do you use any mods/hacks? Here is a good one that allows more than 8 sims on a lot: leefish.nl/mybb/thread-2139.html

I tried that, but my version of the Sims 2 is an older version and I can't update it, so it runs weird, and if I do too much stuff to it, or try to add mods, hacks, or anything "special" to it, it messes it up. I do not have frumpers for this very reason :-/

I have an older computer too, so The Sims 3 runs REALLY slow when I start it up.

Hey, freejoyanna...I did the game with the same rules as you and had 16 children! Beat that :nenner: After the initial sets of twins and triplets, all singletons too. The parents, Abraham and Beth, are elders now. Abraham will die in four days, and the youngest, Samuel, is still a toddler (just turned). The mom is younger. Still, you die and leave the youngest at only 13, really responsible, huh? Eight of the children have now had grandchildren, but the most children had is four

Hey, freejoyanna...I did the game with the same rules as you and had 16 children! Beat that :nenner: After the initial sets of twins and triplets, all singletons too. The parents, Abraham and Beth, are elders now. Abraham will die in four days, and the youngest, Samuel, is still a toddler (just turned). The mom is younger. Still, you die and leave the youngest at only 13, really responsible, huh? Eight of the children have now had grandchildren, but the most children had is four

That's awesome! I had so much fun playing mine, I've been thinking about restarting and trying for more kids. There are over 60 grandkids now and a few great-grandkids, but basically all of the young adults in town are cousins so it's hard for the Drummer grandkids to find a partner! I had the founders die when the last child was just a toddler and I had the same thought, but it's not like Anna would have helped raise Hayley even if she had been alive...

I loved reading your updates - did Diana end up staying an eternal sister-mom? Hephzibah almost suffered the same fate.

No, literally two days before graduating from high school, she found a good man in the military! After her HS grad ceremony, she got married in a top-class wedding, new dress, party, etc. and was moved to a 5 bedroom home. I had to reward her for all her work! But now that 8 of the children are gone, the oldest at home, Joanna, has done nothing but raise toddlers, and it's three days from grad and she hasn't got her eye on anyone! Sadly, this one may sister-mom for quite a while longer, seeing as her dad just died. This leaves Luke the patriarch, but all he wants to do is play computer games *le sigh*.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got the Sims 3 up and running. Jim Bob looks like Josh (pics later) and has the following qualities.

Ambitious, Charismatic, Family Oriented, Mooch, and Never Nude. I think the best achievement for him is Jack Of All Trades since they don't have "whore family out for money"

I so want to try and make a Duggar family - but it scares me to death quite frankly :lol:

We have The Sims 4 on hubby's laptop (he played it a bit in an evil overlord kind of way - deaths and fights everywhere) , and I just got a new Macbook from my sons for my birthday, so since Sims 4 for Mac isn't out yet, I might start with Sims 3.... thinks...

I got Sims 4 but I only played it for a short time. I don't like how you can't travel around like you can in Sims 3, and even though there's supposed to be more customization it seems like there's less to work with. Might come back to it once there's some expansions... but I'm glad I didn't pay for it! :whistle:

I got Sims 4 but I only played it for a short time. I don't like how you can't travel around like you can in Sims 3, and even though there's supposed to be more customization it seems like there's less to work with. Might come back to it once there's some expansions... but I'm glad I didn't pay for it! :whistle:

Hehe, we didn't either :shifty-kitty:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello There i made a Duggar like family and wrote a blog about them

http://life-in-appaloosaplains.tumblr.com/

so far i only have 12 kids but the mothers pregnant so hopefully she has triplets and like the Duggars all the kids names start with a D

I hope you enjoy reading alittle bit about my sims family and i would like to point out that im dyslexic so sometimes my writing gets abit choppy and weird

I just spent 2 1/2 hours playing the new Sims game, and most of that time was spent creating Duggars. So far I love the new game, it was a lot of fun. I can't upload any of it since I just played the demo, but here is my contribution. Can you guess who is who? :lol:

mjdk8x3r.png

I've already favorited and downloaded this household but I think I might make them children and add JB & M. They look so much better than I could ever do!

Do any of you know any cheats for the sims 4 to make big familys?

I play sims2 and have a fundie neighborhood.

Tom Marshall and his wife who-had-weird-name-I-cannot-remember (because she was raised fundie and her parents loved „unique namesâ€) are founders of Sand Walley. They moved from real world long time ago when their first daughter Dinah was born and since then have delivered five more blessings – all girls, all D names. The girls grew up and Tom relized he needs to marry them off so he asked other fundie families to move to Sand Walley. Two did it.

One is family of four brothers who has recently lost their parents. All four of them are ready to count and marry. Second family is an old widow with two grown-up sons, daughter-in-law and two grandkids. They have huge garden all family work in and small house without enough space for everyone. Grandma and older kid live in closet room. Mother is pregnant again.

It would be boring to play with constantly pregnant sims, so there are fertility rules. All women need time to recover from birth – only most fertile can get pregnant right after deliver, most are alloved to try for baby after 2-4 rotations, and one is infertile. Men fertility affects how many times they can use „try for baby†action in one rotation. So if both partners have medium fertility they can start trying three rotations after youngest baby is born, and try three times in rotation. If a woman is not knocked up they need to wait till next rotation and so on. I hope to have some variation in family sizes this way. I’ll see how it works when Marshall girls will marry – this far three is counting, one for love, one for hope of babies and one because she is romance sim and that’s the only way to fulfill her wants. Another one is interested in a man and I predict courting soon.

I play sims2 and have a fundie neighborhood.

Tom Marshall and his wife who-had-weird-name-I-cannot-remember (because she was raised fundie and her parents loved „unique namesâ€) are founders of Sand Walley. They moved from real world long time ago when their first daughter Dinah was born and since then have delivered five more blessings – all girls, all D names. The girls grew up and Tom relized he needs to marry them off so he asked other fundie families to move to Sand Walley. Two did it.

One is family of four brothers who has recently lost their parents. All four of them are ready to count and marry. Second family is an old widow with two grown-up sons, daughter-in-law and two grandkids. They have huge garden all family work in and small house without enough space for everyone. Grandma and older kid live in closet room. Mother is pregnant again.

It would be boring to play with constantly pregnant sims, so there are fertility rules. All women need time to recover from birth – only most fertile can get pregnant right after deliver, most are alloved to try for baby after 2-4 rotations, and one is infertile. Men fertility affects how many times they can use „try for baby†action in one rotation. So if both partners have medium fertility they can start trying three rotations after youngest baby is born, and try three times in rotation. If a woman is not knocked up they need to wait till next rotation and so on. I hope to have some variation in family sizes this way. I’ll see how it works when Marshall girls will marry – this far three is counting, one for love, one for hope of babies and one because she is romance sim and that’s the only way to fulfill her wants. Another one is interested in a man and I predict courting soon.

I love it! Are you on tumblr?

Archived