IGNORED

Making the Duggar family on The Sims- any ideas?

lawlifelgbt

Long-time lurker, made an account just to share this!

I’ve always loved playing The Sims and trying to be as creative as possible with my families, so I just had to try out a fundie/quiverfull family.

I got around the “too many kids in a household†issue by creating two near-identical summer camps in the town: one with toy ovens (JttH) and one with sports equipment (ALERT). Kids were sent to their gender-appropriate camps when the house got too full, then rotated around for birthdays and courtships.

If anyone’s interested, I made a story of the family’s progress to entertain my SO. Be forewarned, I am not a talented writer!

The password to all of them is my username

Rules for the family

Arrow #1

Arrow #2

Arrow #3

Arrow #4

Arrows #5 and #6

Arrow #7

Arrow #8

Arrow #9

Arrow #10

Arrows #11 and #12

Arrows #13 and #14

Arrow #14 - TBA

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

freejoyanna, I love your ruleset! I play The Sims 2, not 3 (or 4, heh), but I think these rules could be easily adapted for TS2.

My game is hacked to the gills and if anyone needs help with quiverfull mods or hacks for ts2, I may be able to help. In the meantime, the redneck mansion is available for download on modthesims:

MTS_Phaenoh-957089-Front.jpg

I’ve always loved playing The Sims and trying to be as creative as possible with my families, so I just had to try out a fundie/quiverfull family.

I got around the “too many kids in a household†issue by creating two near-identical summer camps in the town: one with toy ovens (JttH) and one with sports equipment (ALERT). Kids were sent to their gender-appropriate camps when the house got too full, then rotated around for birthdays and courtships.

If anyone’s interested, I made a story of the family’s progress to entertain my SO. Be forewarned, I am not a talented writer!

Rules for the family

Arrow #1

Arrow #2

Arrow #3

Arrow #4

Arrows #5 and #6

Arrow #7

Arrow #8

Arrow #9

Arrow #10

Arrows #11 and #12

Arrows #13 and #14

Arrow #14 - TBA

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Love! Love ! Love! That was amazing.....I want more chapters! So well written and loved all the little quirks.

Does make me realize how woefully inadequate the Freeplay for the tablet is! I want a new laptop and Sims 3 or 4 now

Rules for the family

Arrow #1

Arrow #2

Arrow #3

Arrow #4

Arrows #5 and #6

Arrow #7

Arrow #8

Arrow #9

Arrow #10

Arrows #11 and #12

Arrows #13 and #14

Arrow #14 - TBA

Ok now this is just fanfreakingtastic. You've inspired me to start a new save and give this a go.

Wow, people liked it! :?

halcionne - Love the redneck mansion! I should have done that!

Mama Mia - Thank you! I've still got a few more chapters to go, but they might be a bit (or a lot) more dull. I have to grow the last kid up and check in on the older siblings and gran-Drummers. I'd definitely recommend Sims 3, and the pets and generations expansion packs. My laptop is from 2009 and handles them pretty well.

Zasha - Please let us know how it goes!

Updated List. The password to all of them is my username.

Rules for the family

Arrow #1

Arrow #2

Arrow #3

Arrow #4

Arrows #5 and #6

Arrow #7

Arrow #8

Arrow #9

Arrow #10

Arrows #11 and #12

Arrows #13 and #14

Arrow #15

So I started a save and I've been having fun with them. If you know the sims community, you know there are hundreds of challenges. I found a couple versions of the Duggar challenge. I'm just sort of doing a loose version of my own. I'm notorious for not really sticking with saves so I'm not sure how long I'll hang on but for now, it's fun! Thanks for the fun idea and inspiration freejoyanna!

If anyone wants to read, you can find it here. FreakyFundieSims

It's tumblr so you'll have to read from the bottom up after I start making more posts.

I just spent 2 1/2 hours playing the new Sims game, and most of that time was spent creating Duggars. So far I love the new game, it was a lot of fun. I can't upload any of it since I just played the demo, but here is my contribution. Can you guess who is who? :lol:

mjdk8x3r.png

Well I'm sure the blond on the end is Jana and the brunette with her hair down is Jessa - really good likeness of both! I think the one in the middle is Jill?

You're right on all three. And thanks :) There wasn't really an option for long curly hair apart from Jessa's, so I just gave Jill a ponytail with braided hair. You can't see it in the picture, but Jill is also wearing stylish flip-flops.

I made a fundie family with the household size hacks!

I started with Abraham and Beth Fundie (yes, I'm not creative with names). I have a naming system, but I'll leave it to you to figure out what it is! Abraham is in the Business career track, and I started them with a nice house and a nest egg (pretend it's TLC money). I only use risky woohoo set at 20%, and no one can learn logic, alchemy, or mixology. Only girls can learn cooking, and only boys can learn handiness or inventing. The couple has to have risky woohoo every day, and there's only the master bedroom, nursery, boys' room, and girls' room (the latter have 5 bunk beds each). Beth immediately got pregnant! She did a lot of reading up and listening to kids' music throughout the pregnancy, so she had twin girls without the fertility treatment!

The girls are Charity and Diana, born at home in the nursery. Almost right after their birth, Abraham wanted some more sweet fellowship, and of course Beth obliged him joyfully. She had just bought the fertility treatment then (can't have an empty quiver!)

So, she had triplets right after the girls aged up to toddlerhood! Needless to say, the boys, Elijah, Francis, and Gabriel, born in the back kitchen garden, did not develop many skills! Beth was very overwhelmed, and Abraham even had to help with them. The horror!

The next baby was a singleton. To Beth's relief, she didn't get pregnant until a day or two after the triplets were born, and by the time Hope was born in the bathroom off the nursery in front of a stinky potty chair, she had taught the toddler boys all the stuff they absolutely needed to be trained up (potty, walking, talking).

After another day of no pregnancy, Beth found herself expecting again (she is really beating the odds on this risky woohoo thing- does the treatment affect it?). And Isaac was born (again in the bathroom)!

Then, after two attempts on separate days, Beth is pregnant with blessing #8! She's still hoping for multiples, but I don't know if the household size restrictions allow it. Early in her pregnancy, Charity and Diana became teenagers. And, shock! Charity ran off with a college-age boy in the neighborhood! They got married in secret, among piles of snow and trash in front of Cruz's house (of course, it had to be secret because Charity did NOT save her first kiss for the altar!) She became pregnant immediately after. Diana, however, is an amazing sister-mom, always reading to Hope. She doesn't want Hope to miss out on all the early learning like her brothers did. Beth was too overwhelmed with 5 under 6 to teach the triplets, but now that Diana's old enough, she's a perfect mom's helper!

...And Abraham and Beth are still just a few days from being adults, meaning there's potential for eight more blessings, all while there's a grandbaby on the way!

lawlifelgbt, is this with Sims 4?

I have S2 and don't have any mods but you guys make me reallly want to go and find some!

I just spent 2 1/2 hours playing the new Sims game, and most of that time was spent creating Duggars. So far I love the new game, it was a lot of fun. I can't upload any of it since I just played the demo, but here is my contribution. Can you guess who is who? :lol:

mjdk8x3r.png

Wow, they really look like them! You can really tell that those three sims are Jana, Jill and Jessa.

So I found The Sims 2 at the thrift store for three dollars. There were five packages to go with it, but I could only afford the one. Maybe since I took the main game nobody will want the others and I can get then in two weeks :-D

Jim Bob and Michelle moved in together. Dont worry, although they slept together they did not have sex. Day one was dedicates to getting to know each other. They actually have a nice house for 1500 dollars. Jim Bob got a job before he went to bed... He went into the criminal field. Before he went to work the next night, he proposed to and married Michelle. She got pregnant on their second try.

Right now, JB is off at his first night of work. Michelle made a new friend named Brandi and they have been hanging out and talking.

Jim Bob is home. He is wearing a weird outfit. Its red and black and has wings. Wtf???

Anyway, now its bedtime.

Wow, they really look like them! You can really tell that those three sims are Jana, Jill and Jessa.

Thanks :) I'm kind of proud of how Jessa turned out, I thought she would be difficult, but she ended up being the easiest because of her lips and chin.

The character qualities were fun as well, Jessa is successful, ambitious, sharp-tongued and confident, Jill wants to be everyone's friend, is cheerful, clumsy and needs a lot of social interactions and Jana wants a happy family, is a romantic, is a good person and loves nature.

t2ozjgag.png

xw4idbam.png

mflwhtos.png

My Duggar fam had twins.. A boy and a girl. So I named them Josh and Jana lol. I figure it doesn't matter what order they are as long as its close and there's 19 of then all living at home eventually LOL

Jana threw up in Jim Bob and Michelle laid josh down on the ground. I also made sure there was a girl crib and a boy crib.

time for them to go at it again lol

They are pregnant again.

Josh and Jana became toddlers, and Jill was born. A babysitter was hired so Michelle could play piano, exercise, and sleep. The new baby bed (gender appropriate) was moved to outside. Michelles wish list includes having ten children. Jim Bob is doing a little bit of teaching the toddlers to walk, but he has a job and has to get Michelle pregnant. And Michelle is pregnant with baby number 4.

everytime the nanny leaves, she is called back. She doesn't like Michelle or Jim Bob, and complains when she comes over. But she has a good relationship with the toddlers.

Michelle takes care of the baby, that is all. Once the oldest kids become teens, I won't have the nanny around.

I'm thinking about turning the kitchen into another bedroom.

Well the game was being buggy so I had to move them into a different house. We have a big house. The top floor had three bedrooms. I knocked down the wall between the nursery and the kids room. Kids room bunks six, nursery holds four.

We adopted Jessa in (somehow seems appropriate) and then the next day adopted John David. As soon as the social worker left after dropping off John David, Michelle went into labor. She had a boy, Joseph. She promptly laid him down on the ground.

So now we have two kids, one toddler, and three babies. I wish I could force the nanny to move in.

Jessa is clearly old news even though she was born yesterday. She is lying in the front yard screaming her head off. Joseph is the new favorite, as he was birthed from his mothers loins and came right after John David.

The nanny is taking care of all of the little ones at this point.

Update: #8 was a boy, Isaac. Beth basically crapped him out, set him in a crib, and ignored him- Diana raised him since birth! He has dark hair and eyes, like his dad. Due to Diana's care and the fact he was the only toddler in the family at the time, he's a happy, smart, well-cared for little guy. Now, he just changed into a child.

Right after he was born, on the first try, Beth got pregnant again with #9. It was a girl, Joanna. She's now a very cute toddler who actually managed to look like both her parents, and loves to wear cute outfits. Diana is raising this one, too, but she'll be a young adult in 6 or 7 days, so she's worried about ending up like Jana- the eternal sister-mom! I guess I have to keep her home until Hope becomes a teenager, though, because God knows the teenage Elijah, Francis, and Gabriel won't help with the women's work! I wonder if Diana is jealous of Charity; they're the same age, but Charity is already a mom to the first Fundie grandchild, a boy named Elton.

Abraham became an adult before Joanna was born, so there's not so much time to pump out the babies any more! So he and Beth tried again, and got pregnant with #10- Kathleen. She was just born at the same time that Beth turned into an adult, Isaac became a child, and Joanna became a toddler. I would have chosen a more Biblical name, but I couldn't find a good name for a girl starting with K!

Beth is not pregnant right now, IIRC, but as we all know, that's a very temporary state.

I am loving reading everyone else's stories!! It's neat to see everyone's take on working with the constrains of the game.

Updated list of mine if anyone wants it :)

The password to all of them is my username.

Rules for the family

Arrow #1

Arrow #2

Arrow #3

Arrow #4

Arrows #5 and #6

Arrow #7

Arrow #8

Arrow #9

Arrow #10

Arrows #11 and #12

Arrows #13 and #14

Arrow #15

Check-in #1

No More Arrows #1

So I don't have a cool family, or a story. But I do have a ton of photos of the house I designed for the Duggars. I'm on a tablet - any suggestions for how to post a bunch of photos without taking up pages?

Okay. I Think this link will work to go to a photobucket album.

http://photobucket.com/albums/e345/megmarch1

Sorry there's some repeat photos, ad sooo many! It's a big house :)

So my Duggar Home is basically the same size and shape as the real one.

Big differences are:

1)Every kid has their own room. The younger kids rooms are tiny, but they each have one. May be excessive - but I thought it would be fun.

2) There are several different living area, so people don't all have to hang out with everyone ALL the time. A playroom for little kids. A Howler Hangout for those 5 boys whose names I can never remember. The Music room also has a sitting area. It is right between Josiah and Joy's rooms, they can turn the music up loud while they plot their escape. There is a large living room with a mini-kitchen off of the adult kids rooms. plus a regular living room.

3) I used the whole upstairs instead of that stupid catwalk.

4) Grandma Mary has her own apartment with living room and a separate entrance.

5) most importantly - Michelle and Jim Bobs room is downstairs with the 5 little kids! All the other kids are upstairs, kind of divided into three sections, by age group. So everyone can interact most with their siblings who might have similar hours/ interests.

Some fun stuff I did: I gave Jana and a Jessa the same jewelry box :lol: . Jordyn has a super princess room, with 2 beds, so Mack can sleep in her room when they visit. I gave Josiah a hipster type room. Josh and Jill still have rooms, but with couches so they can be used as guest rooms. Jenny has a fairy room with a big bookcase - because she seems like the dreamy reader type to me.

Everything is fairly gender specific and there is a prayer room, parents offices etc...because I didn't want to go too far off of what they would do.

Archived