IGNORED

Making the Duggar family on The Sims- any ideas?

lawlifelgbt

So I'm an avid Sims player, and decided to make the Duggars! I'm only up to Boob and J'Chelle plus Josh (child) and Jana and JD (infants). More to come, obviously.

But because I disagree with so many of their ideas (too many to list here, but especially not educating the girls or allowing them to have careers, and the parents taking so little actual care of the kids), there are some changes.

I think with 19 kids, even Sims will have trouble paying attention to their kids, and I probably am going to have to use Jslaves as cooks and sister-moms, but here are the differences (which I'd like to see the Duggars have done a long time ago!)

-Sim JB actually takes care of the babies, teaches the toddlers, and talks to his wife.

-Sim J'Chelle works (albeit from home because she'll always have a baby or toddler at home). She's a writer. I already titled one of her works "The Constantly Pregnant Monster!"

-The kids obviously don't homeschool, and work very hard at the evil public Sim-school. The girls don't short their education because they have to take care of the little ones.

-They'll be allowed to swim.

-They can leave the house by themselves.

-They have a dog which they take great care of.

-There will only be six kids in the house at any given time, and each kid will get their own bedroom.

-They will have tons of books.

-They also have TV, stereos, and computers and mix with the community.

-Josh and the other boys will also help with the kids.

-They have hired a maid so the J'slaves don't have to do more than absolutely necessary.

-They will be allowed to have boyfriends/girlfriends (and I may make a few LGBTQ+ just because the real Duggars would be so pissed off by that).

-They will move out as soon as they are young adults.

-The girls will work when they're older, and may delay marriage and kids.

Any other ideas for what to do with the Sim-Duggars? I feel so bad for the kids' futures, especially the girls, that this lets me see a happier ending for them.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I'm an avid Sims player, and decided to make the Duggars! I'm only up to Boob and J'Chelle plus Josh (child) and Jana and JD (infants). More to come, obviously.

But because I disagree with so many of their ideas (too many to list here, but especially not educating the girls or allowing them to have careers, and the parents taking so little actual care of the kids), there are some changes.

I think with 19 kids, even Sims will have trouble paying attention to their kids, and I probably am going to have to use Jslaves as cooks and sister-moms, but here are the differences (which I'd like to see the Duggars have done a long time ago!)

-Sim JB actually takes care of the babies, teaches the toddlers, and talks to his wife.

-Sim J'Chelle works (albeit from home because she'll always have a baby or toddler at home). She's a writer. I already titled one of her works "The Constantly Pregnant Monster!"

-The kids obviously don't homeschool, and work very hard at the evil public Sim-school. The girls don't short their education because they have to take care of the little ones.

-They'll be allowed to swim.

-They can leave the house by themselves.

-They have a dog which they take great care of.

-There will only be six kids in the house at any given time, and each kid will get their own bedroom.

-They will have tons of books.

-They also have TV, stereos, and computers and mix with the community.

-Josh and the other boys will also help with the kids.

-They have hired a maid so the J'slaves don't have to do more than absolutely necessary.

-They will be allowed to have boyfriends/girlfriends (and I may make a few LGBTQ+ just because the real Duggars would be so pissed off by that).

-They will move out as soon as they are young adults.

-The girls will work when they're older, and may delay marriage and kids.

Any other ideas for what to do with the Sim-Duggars? I feel so bad for the kids' futures, especially the girls, that this lets me see a happier ending for them.

:lol: :lol:

You don't get enough PCs to make the whole family, though. :lol:

Do you know enough to make a mod for downloading the characters you're making? I'd be all over that.

Bahaha. I am an avid Simmer. I love making huge families.

Btw, you can upload Sims to The Sims Resource or Sims 3 exchange on the website. Someone should get TSR to make sims of Boob and J'chelle

Actually, I get around the PC thing by "batching" the kids. The adult lifespan is much longer than the child one, so this works.

1. Raise six kids (max allowed per house).

2. Wait for/force age early the oldest child into adulthood

3. Go to "split household" and make the oldest child move out and take the five siblings with.

4. Have another six kids.

5. Repeat as needed.

I don't know how to get the characters available for download, but if you're willing to talk me through it, I can try!

I have mods that let me homeschool and haveas many kids as I want, so I've played fundie families on occasion. I'm kind of awful and enjoy playing really bad parents sometimes, though.

Actually, I get around the PC thing by "batching" the kids. The adult lifespan is much longer than the child one, so this works.

1. Raise six kids (max allowed per house).

2. Wait for/force age early the oldest child into adulthood

3. Go to "split household" and make the oldest child move out and take the five siblings with.

4. Have another six kids.

5. Repeat as needed.

I don't know how to get the characters available for download, but if you're willing to talk me through it, I can try!

Thanks for this tip! I'll have to try it.

I'm not sure how to make Sims available for others to download. I only know that's an option, because my daughter downloads all kinds of pre-made Sims. Her new favorite is Merida from "Brave." :D

Hahaha, Sim Duggars! I'm super behind the times and only have Sims 2, but last year my partner and I made some Duggar families...we started the adult kids as adults, stuck Jinger with Lawson Bates, and started cranking out B-named kids. Their first kids were twins named Boris and Bobert (after his grandpa, natch). I think they ended up with ten or eleven kids but we had to keep moving the older ones out. Things got crazy after that. Partner, who remembers these details better than I do, reports "Boris and Emily [his wife, unfortunately based on a real-life friend of ours] are busy making babies and Boris is a grumpy doctor who has a stormy relationship with his live-in lover Amir." Also, "I could never stand to play the Smuggars, either." :lol:

I've been thinking about getting Sims 3. Is it pretty awesome? Are there any must-have expansion packs (especially if one wants to create more Duggar-like situations)?

I built a fortress of trees around the compound and set the door up where only Dad can leave. If you occupy the others they never really WANT to leave

I built a fortress of trees around the compound and set the door up where only Dad can leave. If you occupy the others they never really WANT to leave

Does the Dad make enough money to support everyone? I guess he could always go dumpster diving (although I've yet to figure out how to actively do that--several of my Sims go off and do it on their own--and find some swank stuff once in awhile!) :lol: :lol:

I'm also super fuddy-duddy and still play Sims 2, but I have made the Duggar compound twice now. I never managed to get them through all 19 kids yet, but I still work at it on the odd weekend. If I could find my snapshots I'd post them here. I like large families on Sims because it's more challenging, especially when the kids are toddlers and you have to potty train them.

ETA: I attached the screenshot. It's kind of crappy, but it shows the house. I am such a dork.

post-3251-14451998079068_thumb.jpg

I think the insimenator allows you to increase family sizes.

I'm going to make the Duggars in TS3. I'll hire a female butler and call her Mary.

I LOVE Sims3! I really don't think I could create the Duggars, I'd go insane, lol.

That house is awesome.

This thread is full of awesome. I do not play The Sims (I had enough problems prying myself from Roller Coaster Tycoon to know I would have an addiction problem with TS) but my sister made some LOL worthy families on her games. She created a Liberace-esque character that was hilarious .

Does the Dad make enough money to support everyone? I guess he could always go dumpster diving (although I've yet to figure out how to actively do that--several of my Sims go off and do it on their own--and find some swank stuff once in awhile!) :lol: :lol:

Usually made him a politician. The only time the wife knew the door existed was when another blessing was on the way. Alas I could not allow her to go to the hospital.

I think you can just click on other peoples bins & an option to go throw trash comes up.

I think 'never nude' is going to be a good character trait for all of the duggars & also 'family oriented'

You guys are making me wish I hadn't gotten rid of my Sims. I did keep the castaway one... So I guess I could play "Jinger finally gets a vacation"... Lol.

This is Sims 2 again, but the cheat where you can change their moods/keep everything in the green is very useful for "keeping sweet" and getting everything done with so many kids. Also I'm pretty sure we never have a headship get a career; we just use the free money cheat. Not so different from getting loads of TLC money, really ;) I assume/hope there are similar cheats in Sims 3?

I don't think there is any way to have more than eight Sims living in the house at a time. I adore the idea of making a Duggar family, when you use the cheat code to add simoleons to the bank, you can tell yourself it's TLC money magically appearing from nowhere (just in time to finish construction on the house)! Often with my larger families, I've had a J'slave to help with child rearing, and kept at least one in the house to help as the sibs would grow up and move out. Often I would have 2-3 sibs move out together, then in true Duggar fashion pop out 2-3 more. Of course, the real Diggers are allowed more than 8 people living in the house at once, so nobody gets to move out. Oh, unless you're Smugger. You could 'homeschool' your sim kids just by not letting them get on the ebil public school bus. Dorm style rooms work well on Sims.

IMO, Sims 3 rocks, and is well worth it!!!

So, one thing I have noticed about playing the Duggar family on Sims 2 - the kids (especially the daughters) all eventually lose their shit from having a low aspiration score. The shrink drops out of the sky and has to fix them up and everything. It's sort of creepy and hilarious.

I make them buy frumpers and wear them daily, I give the girls long curly hair, and the older kids have to take care of the younger kids, clean, etc. Apparently they hate it.

I think the kid in this picture is Jessa or Jinger - can't recall. I'm almost halfway through the kids at present. I have to keep moving the older ones out or marrying them off so JBoob and Michelle can keep having more babies.

post-3251-14451998081696_thumb.jpg

I made a Duggars-like fundie family on the Sims 3, using Nraas Mods which enables more than 8 sims, homeschooling, making money through selling own books (my Sim dad is a Maxwellish one) and an extended free will n´stuff.

Result so far, with 15 children: The toddlers ate out of the pet bowls (which was okay, as the pets always got taken away by the pet rescuers), cooking and placing was too much hassle, I bought a party buffet, they all had low scores and never made homework, the parents constantly got the "send them away to boarding school" wish and none of the grown-up children I married off has kids so far ALTHOUGH the mod I installed should have them to do so :lol:

I haven't played Sims 3 for ages, and you guys are making me want to put my PC back together, and fire it up again :)

I usually play as the Avengers living together in various incarnations of Avengers Mansion (and weird things happen like Natasha being into Thor), but it might be fun to play as the Duggars for a change of pace. Thanks for the mods in the link, miffy!

One of my favorite families was the "Brother Husbands" one that I made! I had to give them all 'no jealousy' once I got enough points, which was the only way I could figure to keep my brothers from trying to kill each other. The wife would take turns sleeping with the brothers, and take turns having their babies. I wonder if Meri would get a kick out of my family? We know Kody wouldn't!

Archived