IGNORED

Cory Monteith Dead at 31

GeoBQn

Glee star Cory Monteith was found dead in his Vancouver hotel room at the age of 31. There is no cause of death determined yet, but he had a history of substance abuse problems.

cnn.com/2013/07/14/showbiz/glee-star-dead/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

I never was able to get into Glee, but coming from a theatre background a lot of my friends loved it. So sad.

My jaw dropped when I read this on MSN this morning. So sad. He seemed to really be trying to get his life on track and beat the drugs. And he always seemed so appreciative of the fame he'd earned on GLEE and of his fans. My daughter met him during one of the GLEE tours a couple of years ago and in spite of the handlers telling everyone they couldn't take pics with the cast while getting autographs, Cory snuck one in with my daughter anyway. She didn't actually ask, he just saw that she was holding her camera and said, come on, let's do it. A really nice guy. GLEE's been my guilty pleasure for a long time, I'm just gutted. :cry:

This is just awful. Too young. He was talented and seemed so full of life. . . .

I had to head desk on FB though, because one friend commented that " OMG DOES THIS MEAN THEY'LL KILL FINN OR CANCEL GLEE???"

This is totally shocking. Despite his history (and who knows if he actually died of drug use) this seems to have come out of nowhere. Was not a Glee fan, but it's awful to hear of someone so young dying. A friend of mine was a big fan, served him once at a restaurant and said he was really sweet. Just awful.

This is so sad! I used to love Glee! I haven't been keeping up with it the past season, but in college that was my show!! He was so young too!

I feel sorry for Leah too. I was reading about this on another site while ago, and my jaw dropped when I read they were going to be married in two weeks. God, how tragic.

I didn't care for Cory's character on Glee, but in interviews he always came off as sweet. Cory and Lea were rumored to be engaged, but other theories are that Melissa Benoist and Blake Jenner are engaged and people are getting them confused with Cory and Lea. RIP Cory.

Herebedragons, Celebitchy. :hand: Don't judge me. I have a weakness for that and Radar. :D

Edited cause I quoted the wrong person and couldn't fix it.

He really did seem sweet. I remember watching the special features on the season one dvds and he was so funny... it's so sad.

Every time there is another celebrity death like this I hope it isn't drugs. Even when I know that's likely what it is, I can't help but wish it were anything else.

So sad. My daughters turned me into a Glee fan, and I really enjoyed some of the classics with him like "Don't Stop Believing".

I feel sorry for Leah too. I was reading about this on another site while ago, and my jaw dropped when I read they were going to be married in two weeks. God, how tragic.

Getting married? Where did you read that?

Woops :embarrassed: Looks like the engagement was just a rumor, and isn't true. That'll teach me to ASSume :lol:

I actually shouted "Oh my God! No!" when I found out about Cory's untimely and shocking death. This is so sad. Though I thought "Glee" had lessened in quality I'll never forget the joy I felt when I watched the very first episode.

I think I'll watch it again tonight.

I actually shouted "Oh my God! No!" when I found out about Cory's untimely and shocking death. This is so sad. Though I thought "Glee" had lessened in quality I'll never forget the joy I felt when I watched the very first episode.

I think I'll watch it again tonight.

So nicely said. I hope they honor him

Such sad news. I was surprised to learn he was 31. I know the character he played was younger but he looked younger also. He always reminded me a bit of my brother when he was that age. They had that similar rosy cheeked complexions.

I never heard any rumors that Cory had substance abuse issues. Had he given interview previously about struggles?

Such sad news. I was surprised to learn he was 31. I know the character he played was younger but he looked younger also. He always reminded me a bit of my brother when he was that age. They had that similar rosy cheeked complexions.

I never heard any rumors that Cory had substance abuse issues. Had he given interview previously about struggles?

He had several times. I recall one of his first interviews in season 1 talked about his past. He said he started drinking and using drugs at age 13, he dropped out of high school and worked odd jobs for several years before he got clean and started acting. He admitted in interviews to stealing money from friends and family during his teen years to pay for drugs. I think he might have had other relapses that weren't known. I don't know if he gave any interviews after his stint rehab a few months back.

Archived