IGNORED

The Truth About Ruth - Part 3

happy atheist

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In true Vyckie fashion, FJ is the cause of all her current problems.

A classy person would have handled this in private. Flame blogging is immature.

This is the third thread on "Ruth" and the entirety of responses have been handled in a much classier manner than that blog post.

Before anyone asks, yes the newest member Calladus is the Atheist blogger that we have been talking about recently. I vetted him prior to approval and based on his registration information, he is who he says he is.

I appreciate that he used his real info when registering and would like people to remain respectful if he decides to post. I am hoping since he decided to come here, he will be respectful of us as well, even though we obviously have different opinions on this subject at this time.

I use a tracking app and I love it. So nice to be able to predict my period by more than just my premenstrual nervous breakdowns. :lol:

I just started using period tracker lite on the iPhone and I love it! You can track your cycle length, length of your periods, symptoms, fertility, etc.

A blogger responded which is basically a giant fuck you get a life FJ

calulu.blogspot.com/2013/07/razing-ruth-and-free-jinger.html?m=1

Whaaaat?? This is the most bizarre response to this saga I have seen yet. Why so much dislike aimed at FJ? Maybe they were/are getting a cut of the tip jar... :doh:

I just started using period tracker lite on the iPhone and I love it! You can track your cycle length, length of your periods, symptoms, fertility, etc.

I used that for a while too. Turns out my cycle is too irregular for tracking to be of much use. The estimated period tart dates were never correct.

Yeah, my period is wildly all over the place. The doctor seemed more concerned about that than the cramps when he put me on the pill.

Before anyone asks, yes the newest member Calladus is the Atheist blogger that we have been talking about recently. I vetted him prior to approval and based on his registration information, he is who he says he is.

I appreciate that he used his real info when registering and would like people to remain respectful if he decides to post. I am hoping since he decided to come here, he will be respectful of us as well, even though we obviously have different opinions on this subject at this time.

What made him decide to come here? Did someone invite him? Did he suddenly see an influx of people from FJ to his blog? Just curious.

What made him decide to come here? Did someone invite him? Did he suddenly see an influx of people from FJ to his blog? Just curious.

The new entry on his blog indicates he noticed the uptick in hits on the PM articles on his blog.

Maybe the previous discussion on period trackers? You never know.

Maybe the previous discussion on period trackers? You never know.

:) I use period tracker (full version) for iPhone; can't remember what features the full has that the lite doesn't, but I love it. You can customize symptoms, and it keeps all kinds of different charts for you. Comes in handy at the doc's office, too.

Anywho, I'd like to see if calladus has anything interesting to add... I think that everyone here's been remarkably calm (especially compared to the vitriolic backlash from Vyckie/GOMI, etc)... I haven't had time to completely follow the PM rabbit hole, myself, so wonder what he might have to say about it.

Whaaaat?? This is the most bizarre response to this saga I have seen yet. Why so much dislike aimed at FJ? Maybe they were/are getting a cut of the tip jar... :doh:

So why is Vyckie suddenly blaming FJ fo her problems? The bad thing is she won't be taking 'Ruth's' story down.

I think Calladus' claim is that Penn and Possum mommas are not the same person.

Even if that is so (I don't know any of the P-mommas history), that may not change anything about whether one of them is RR, and whether RR is an imaginary character.

Even if that is so (I don't know any of the P-mommas history), that may not change anything about whether one of them is RR, and whether RR is an imaginary character.

Could Free Jinger maybe schedule an event on a certain day and time where Calladus would be willing to answer questions about the matter? :think:

Even if Pennmommy and Possummomma is not the same person, there is pretty overwhelming evidence that Possummomma and Razing Ruth is. You don't need to believe the Pennmommy/Possummomma connection to make the PM/ RR connection.

That's the impression I have, as well. I also don't think that Calladus quite understands what we are about here. I suspect he thinks we are either a christian or maybe even a quiverfull site, so I hope that he reads the mission statement or rules or something before he just comes in with guns blazing about the evil christians hating pm just because she's an atheist. That will obviously fall flat here ;)

I'm also a bit interested in how many times someone has to be accused of something before you sit back and go hmm...maybe there is something to this. There are billions of people on the internet, after all, so what are the odds of us just trying to pin it on PM if there was not some kind of evidence leading us in that direction.

This is a long running scheme and a lot of thought went into the research and the whole approach to how this was handled because it has implications that impact more than just FJ.

Wow, I don't get the response from Vyckie via Calulu either. I've always respected her (not read at NLQ for quite some time, though) and am disappointed.

Speaking of Vyckie, is her personal story still online somewhere? I remember her talking about taking it down from NLQ, she has several articles on there, but none seems to be her personal story.

So why is Vyckie suddenly blaming FJ fo her problems? The bad thing is she won't be taking 'Ruth's' story down.

I found this quote from Calulu as one of the reasons they won't be taking Ruth's story down really, really disturbing;

"2. Ruth's series was a good one that others were helped by so it really doesn't matter who Ruth really is. Not my business and it really shouldn't be anyone elses."

I realize we can't expect journalistic ethics from a blog on the internet, but c'mon. If I was an ex-fundie helped by Ruth's story, then found out she was a fake, but the story was allowed to stay on a site that purported to be on my side, I wouldn't be happy I was duped. And I'd feel like I was being duped by both Ruth as well as NLQ.

Anyone who wants can type "calladus" into google and read his latest post. What I don't get is how P'Momma cannot be both P'Momma & Ruth. He claims to have met her, but that does not prove in the least she is not Ruth.... just that he met her.

That's the impression I have, as well. I also don't think that Calladus quite understands what we are about here. I suspect he thinks we are either a christian or maybe even a quiverfull site, so I hope that he reads the mission statement or rules or something before he just comes in with guns blazing about the evil christians hating pm just because she's an atheist. That will obviously fall flat here ;)

He seems to think FJ is a ranting bunch of "Internet crazies" - not sure if knows what the general idea is. His blog post included the usual "get off your computer/get a life/go do some work" trope.

So, Calladus, if you're reading, I've been offline for most of today, writing lesson plans, cleaning my house, doing laundry, socializing, etc. :D I imagine that's true of most of the 7000+ FJ members, most days, and of you as well.

People here have given money, thinking they were helping a brave person coming out of abuse. Perhaps more important, a lot of us care pretty deeply about the damage done by abuse in the name of religion -- knowing that the supporters of Quiverful and ATI can point to a well-known story as fake is upsetting. I hope, with your outlook on life, you can understand that.

If RR is nonexistant, that is upsetting enough. If she is someone who has already pulled others into emotional fantasies online, or scammed others for money, that is even more upsetting.

You said this, on your blog:

Possummomma's name isn't "Ruth" nor is it "Mary", nor is she, or ever has been part of Quiverfull.

In all these many pages, I don't think anyone here claimed that. The reason for concern is that the person who posted here as Razing Ruth may have created her as an imaginary character.

Once again, I am disappointed in Vyckie. Either she is lying or Jo is, and since Jo told me that Vyckie asked her to post before the thread exploded into drama and before their relationship went sour, I have no idea what the motive would be. I wonder if Vyckie gets a lot of traffic to RR's threads, and therefore profits from them? I just don't understand another reason why you would want to have a known scam on a reputable blog.

As far as Calladus, my initial reaction is to think it goes to show that scammers have real life friends, too. If there is a new way to interpret the evidence, I'd be open to hearing it, but it would have to be quite a twist. Occam's Razor seems to lead us to believe that if 3 scams lead back to the same person, then there is probably at least something to it.

Could Free Jinger maybe schedule an event on a certain day and time where Calladus would be willing to answer questions about the matter? :think:

That would be kind of amazing.

I keep starting to feel a little bad for p-momma before remembering how much money she pulled in.

Once again, I am disappointed in Vyckie. Either she is lying or Jo is, and since Jo told me that Vyckie asked her to post before the thread exploded into drama and before their relationship went sour, I have no idea what the motive would be. I wonder if Vyckie gets a lot of traffic to RR's threads, and therefore profits from them? I just don't understand another reason why you would want to have a known scam on a reputable blog.

As far as Calladus, my initial reaction is to think it goes to show that scammers have real life friends, too. If there is a new way to interpret the evidence, I'd be open to hearing it, but it would have to be quite a twist. Occam's Razor seems to lead us to believe that if 3 scams lead back to the same person, then there is probably at least something to it.

"Reputable" + "Vyckie" = Hahahahahahahahaha! :lol:

*ahem* Sorry.

So about Calladus, I agree with you completely. Maybe he's just a loyal person and doesn't want to believe it of someone he has become friends with. People are funny that way. Plus, sociopaths (which I think Madame is) are known to be charming and people never believe they could do the terrible things they do.

Archived