IGNORED

The Truth About Ruth - Part 3

happy atheist

I expect that Ruth is "dead." If the Possum planned to try to do anything to sustain the Ruth persona, I believe it would have been within the first two to three days tops. I think part of the reason is she was traveling with her kids and didn't find out immediately that Ruth was blown. There was too much out there by the time she found out so she's already wiped that identity from her life and is working on the next one. My theory is based on how she has acted previously.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think its quite like that. Didn't the Keller girl (Anna D's) sister go to Big Sandy to see her family in jeans with a baby she had out of wedlock?

She would qualify as a dissenter and she was allowed to hang out at an event.

That is exactly my point. Yet you have RR going on regularly about how dangerous it would be for anyone to ID her and Libby Anne who can't even reveal what region of the country she is in to "protect" herself. Personally, I have always had a little grain of doubt about bloggers with dramatic stories whose identity has to be totally cloak and dagger CIA level hidden. They don't need to say their real name or put out their addresses and phone numbers, but constant paranoid secrecy is a different thing.

As for Libby Anne...I find her a bit pretentious and a lot immature. And there is no doubt that her little essays of pontification got a much wider audience thanks to the QF/ex-fundy back story.

I have no issue with the anonymity of people who post their stories on NLQ. I take great issue with the fact that Vyckie Garrison does not properly vet the posters before they are allowed to put their stories up. NLQ is an online support group, and she should be doing some due diligence to keep out scammers who are there for shits, giggles, and money. Her subscriber base is full of vulnerable people who are ripe for being taken advantage of by less than stellar personalities.

It must be Christmas and "Resurrection Sunday" over at Gothard headquarters. Being able to say that such a big draw at NLQ is a scammer and that the woman who runs the site refuses to even look at the evidence? Perfect to plant seeds of doubt about the veracity of everything on that site. It's a lot better a weapon than throwing out "FJ is full of gossiping hussies."

I expect that Ruth is "dead."

As I said earlier, she could still do the dramatic death story, posted by a "friend" somewhere. :roll:

If she was scamming more for money, maybe not (unless there's "no money for a funeral"), but if she wants attention, that is often part of the pattern.

Which is precisely why it's so important to examine the evidence and out her as much as possible. She may not be done if she can milk the situation to her advantage.

I agree with you. I think it's possible she may begin blogging Ruth's story again, maybe with the comments turned off.

I think, from what I gathered from her last posts after she was outed, that she swept in and scooped up her staunch supporters. I wonder if she is still scamming them and collecting money. If so, they are beyond fools.

I agree with you. I think it's possible she may begin blogging Ruth's story again, maybe with the comments turned off.

Hope it bites her in the ass.

I have no issue with the anonymity of people who post their stories on NLQ. I take great issue with the fact that Vyckie Garrison does not properly vet the posters before they are allowed to put their stories up. NLQ is an online support group, and she should be doing some due diligence to keep out scammers who are there for shits, giggles, and money. Her subscriber base is full of vulnerable people who are ripe for being taken advantage of by less than stellar personalities.

It must be Christmas and "Resurrection Sunday" over at Gothard headquarters. Being able to say that such a big draw at NLQ is a scammer and that the woman who runs the site refuses to even look at the evidence? Perfect to plant seeds of doubt about the veracity of everything on that site. It's a lot better a weapon than throwing out "FJ is full of gossiping hussies."

This is why I'm so upset at Vyckie. It isn't the damage that RR did but V's enabling it to continue.

The "blind trust" component of people is what RR is able to feed on. I had problems with that in the past. I can understand why people who came from mind control backgrounds are susceptible to follow the leader. But you HAVE to recognize that shortcoming and accept it as part of your makeup or it will be easy to fall into a cult like mentality again and again and again.

I also want to say I hope you don't leave the discussion, Mustang Sally, because I have really enjoyed your contributions.

I appreciate that, Vex, but I am too frustrated to continue, and I feel like any questioning I do will be interpreted in a way to make the thread unproductive.

I know it is tiresome for readers to read a back and forth between two people, so this is my last comment.

I know that people are uncomfortable, and they are allowed to have their feelings. But I won't continue a conversation where someone repeatedly attributes motivations to me that don't exist, and then claims that my criticisms of their logic are personal insults.

That's just internet arguing 101, and it's not going well here.

AreteJo has made several good points in her comments about the situation, so this is not really about AJ as a person or about AJ's intelligence, despite how AJ interpreted my criticisms. I am not good at social interactions, as you can see, so I am ducking out.

I think, from what I gathered from her last posts after she was outed, that she swept in and scooped up her staunch supporters. I wonder if she is still scamming them and collecting money. If so, they are beyond fools.

That's another thing, she could take her supporters and go private, continuing the scam. I pretty much think that she needs/wants the attention and that money was just the icing on the cake.

PM/RR's motivation is having a captured audience. She loves to talk and talk and talk (talk via post). I imagine she's insufferable in person. The money was an added bonus. I don't think she set out to scam but once she started she found she had a talent for it. Does anyone remember when she lost custody? and why? I suspect neglect paid a part (that's just my hunch - not trying to start rumors!)

The drama around Ruth inspired me to go find Vyckie's Story on the wayback machine - gracious, it really is fucked up in a very special way!

Does anyone remember if the story' been discussed on FJ or elsewhere (trustworthiness, veracity etc.)? The story is just so... so... well, see above.

Concerning Ruth: I think she will move on to a new scam, as she's done before. She seems to have collected enough material to do so. Keeping up RR for a select group of private readers wouldn't create enough attention and revenue, a new scheme would be easier.

Personally, I am not so sure she's doing it mostly for attention, she has, only taking the people from FJ who disclosed what they gave to her, gotten a considerable amount of money out of this, and to me it seems financial gain became more important as her personal situation worsened. But that's only my own impression and speculation.

Looks like this is as much of a response as "Ruth" is going to give anyone (razingruth.blogspot.com/2013/07/leaving-story-upthe-rest-isnt-worth-it.html):

Editing to add (mainly because a friend/reader suggested it): my identity has been proven to people I meet in real life. I realize that failing to share it with ALL of you is the main reason for all of this doubt. I accept the responsibility for the speculation. It was a great four years and I love those of you I've met in person or spoke to along the way by phone or email. I hope we can still communicate. Ruth

The drama around Ruth inspired me to go find Vyckie's Story on the wayback machine - gracious, it really is fucked up in a very special way!

Does anyone remember if the story' been discussed on FJ or elsewhere (trustworthiness, veracity etc.)? The story is just so... so... well, see above.

Concerning Ruth: I think she will move on to a new scam, as she's done before. She seems to have collected enough material to do so. Keeping up RR for a select group of private readers wouldn't create enough attention and revenue, a new scheme would be easier.

Personally, I am not so sure she's doing it mostly for attention, she has, only taking the people from FJ who disclosed what they gave to her, gotten a considerable amount of money out of this, and to me it seems financial gain became more important as her personal situation worsened. But that's only my own impression and speculation.

Could you tell me what you searched under? I wasn't able to get anything on the Wayback Machine under her name or under No Longer Quivering. I've never read Vyckies story and now I'm curious. Thanks

Big red flag: she claims she'a met FJers in person but not a single FJer was able to vouch for her here. Super fishy.

It's a clever trick, but we're smarter than that.

Looks like this is as much of a response as "Ruth" is going to give anyone (razingruth.blogspot.com/2013/07/leaving-story-upthe-rest-isnt-worth-it.html):

Newsflash: the people I meet in real life know my identity as well (even some people I have never met know my identity). We are not claiming that there is no real human involved here at all. It's a clever way to word it, but it doesn't prove anything.

I appreciate that, Vex, but I am too frustrated to continue, and I feel like any questioning I do will be interpreted in a way to make the thread unproductive.

I know it is tiresome for readers to read a back and forth between two people, so this is my last comment.

I know that people are uncomfortable, and they are allowed to have their feelings. But I won't continue a conversation where someone repeatedly attributes motivations to me that don't exist, and then claims that my criticisms of their logic are personal insults.

That's just internet arguing 101, and it's not going well here.

AreteJo has made several good points in her comments about the situation, so this is not really about AJ as a person or about AJ's intelligence, despite how AJ interpreted my criticisms. I am not good at social interactions, as you can see, so I am ducking out.

Sally,

I really enjoyed all your posts as well. I understand being too frustrated to continue though.

Big red flag: she claims she'a met FJers in person but not a single FJer was able to vouch for her here. Super fishy.

It's a clever trick, but we're smarter than that.

Yes, where are these people who have met her in real life? She keeps saving that but no one comes forward.

For the record, I am not trying to shut Sally down, and I certainly hope she keeps adding to these threads. That was not the point of my comments at all. She, like Odds, has done a lot of good work in this situation. I just don't think that agreement needs to be all or nothing, or that both good and bad can't come out of the same results.

That is exactly my point. Yet you have RR going on regularly about how dangerous it would be for anyone to ID her and Libby Anne who can't even reveal what region of the country she is in to "protect" herself. Personally, I have always had a little grain of doubt about bloggers with dramatic stories whose identity has to be totally cloak and dagger CIA level hidden. They don't need to say their real name or put out their addresses and phone numbers, but constant paranoid secrecy is a different thing.

As for Libby Anne...I find her a bit pretentious and a lot immature. And there is no doubt that her little essays of pontification got a much wider audience thanks to the QF/ex-fundy back story.

I have to read Libby Anne, just so I can add a little common sense to her posts. Her reationary parenting is almost as bad as the way she was raised! The post where she was talking about watching pretty explicit sex scenes with her three year old was just jaw dropping.

But she limits easily identifying info because it would cause conflict with her family if they read the blog. Makes sense to me.

I also have to wonder about all the huge secrecy. Does ATI really have a death squad ready to take out dissenters? I understand not wanting to identify oneself widely on the internet, but a lot of these people act like any identifying info will subject them to bodily harm. At the same time, there are people who are blogging quite openly about the same thing (Hillary McFarland for example) and are neither dead or injured nor seem to fear such a result.

I don't think its quite like that. Didn't the Keller girl (Anna D's) sister go to Big Sandy to see her family in jeans with a baby she had out of wedlock?

She would qualify as a dissenter and she was allowed to hang out at an event.

Hmm I think that Scientology harasses former members. Not ATI

Archived