IGNORED

Anna-Sofia and Elizabeth Are Freaking Creepy

debrand

Burris - me in pedantic arse mode here, but Saudi women don't wear the burqa.

They are wearing abaya, which is like a long cloak thing which is black and covers yer lady areas. I don't know if this is common in SA, but in the UK you sometimes see women wearing abaya plus niqab (face veil). I imagine very religious Saudi women would do the same thing.

A burqa looks like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Grou ... Burkas.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
botkin+sisters.jpg

baldwin-sisters.jpg

Anyone else see the similarities between the Botkin Sisters and the Baldwin Sisters from the Waltons? Oh, I mean other than the Baldwins seem more fun?

You beat me to it :lol:

Yes, the Baldwins were much fun and neither one had a mean bone in her body.

Burris - me in pedantic arse mode here, but Saudi women don't wear the burqa.

They are wearing abaya, which is like a long cloak thing which is black and covers yer lady areas. I don't know if this is common in SA, but in the UK you sometimes see women wearing abaya plus niqab (face veil). I imagine very religious Saudi women would do the same thing.

A burqa looks like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Grou ... Burkas.jpg

My mistake. Thank you for correcting it.

Burris, the Botkins very obvious twisting of scripture has astonished me as I read this book. They don't even try to interpret the bible in terms of surrounding verses.

One thing that will affect our relationship with young men is the fact that we are supposed to be thinking about our future husbands right now. Proverbs 31:12 says of the excellent woman, "She does [her husband] good and no harm all the days of her life." Note that it doesn't say that she does him good all the days that she is married to him, or even all the days that she met him, but rather, all the days of her life.

The reference to Proverbs made me think of you, Burris. It is such an insane reading of that particular verse.

Remember, who we marry is not left up to chance: God ordained it from the beginning of time. Though we may not know who our future husbands are, God does. And God is thinking in terms of how good we are being to those husbands right now.

I honestly don't understand how anyone can read the news and yet believe that they are so important that god will pick their husband. There are people right now being tortured or raped. God has his/her hands too full to worry that you find the perfect spouse. Also, what about women who marry abusive men? Did god pick those husbands out also.

When we're in the company of young men, it's good to remember that even if they aren't married yet, God has already ordained wives for them-and they are somewhere out there.

My husband dated much earlier than I did. He was also more sexually active than me. None of his previous girlfriends or lovers owed the unknown me anything at all. They had no idea I even existed. If you want to have sex, have sex. If you don't, don't but your actions should be because of what you want to do. It shouldn't be because you think that you might be cheating with someone who is premarried from birth.

Archived