IGNORED

Anna-Sofia and Elizabeth Are Freaking Creepy

debrand

Now I want to read this book! What a confusing mass of word-vomit they're spewing! It must take real cognitive dissonance to be a Botkin.

Does anyone have the Return of the Daughters film I could borrow? I'll offer my copy of Desperate Housewives Passionate for God in return...

I was able to get Return of the Daughters via interlibrary loan. What a snooze fest!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was able to get Return of the Daughters via interlibrary loan. What a snooze fest!

I think that I will see if I can't see via interlibrary loan.Isn't that the film that talks about Peter Bradrick not telling his potential wife that he loved her or found her attractive?

I have two brothers and I have literally never felt jealous of women flirting or having relationships with them. I trust my brothers' judgment in deciding if a woman is right for them, without my input unless they were to specifically ask for it. One of my brothers did actually marry a single mother although she certainly wasn't clinging to him desperate for a ring. I never felt violated and I'm glad for my nephew to be part of my family, even though I don't get to see him very often because he also spends a lot of time with his dad's side of the family.

My brother did too, and I find it pretty admirable the way he stepped into a parental role where my nephew's biodad bailed out.

That is really creepy.

If my brother was jealous of people I was dating or people flirting with me, I would be creeped out and tell him to get a life.

That is really creepy.

If my brother was jealous of people I was dating or people flirting with me, I would be creeped out and tell him to get a life.

Me too.

There is so much crazy, screwed up ideas in this book that I'm surprised that anyone would read it or that it gets any positive reviews on Amazon.

The Botkinettes were spreading their message of brotherly love at a homeschooling conference in May. One blogger's takeaway:

The one lesson which struck me, was that I am not a good sister unless I listen to my brother but more then that allow them to teach me things. God has given them much wisdom even if they are younger. I must humble my self and learn so as to help them grow!

I leave you with this challenge What are you going to change in your life, so as to honor and respect your brother.

No No NO!

Males are not divinely privileged over females! Stop it! Bad girl. Bad! Off the interwebz with you!

I think that I will see if I can't see via interlibrary loan.Isn't that the film that talks about Peter Bradrick not telling his potential wife that he loved her or found her attractive?

Yep that's the one. I didn't bother with the bonus features. Figured it would have been more of the same.

Some new quotes from the book

Some of the most accomplished and skillful flirts we've ever seen in action were little girls. We've watched them work an entire circle of boys at one, playing favorites, making eyes, coquetting, admiring, dismissing, adjusting ties and making the occasional proposal of marriage-and they haven't been taught it by anyone.

They are slut shaming little girls! How low can you be to slut shame kids?

The first words out of her mouth were, essentially, the Old Testament equivalent of saying, "Imagine meeting you on my way back from the soup kitchen where I was volunteering today? Hey, I have a feast in my kitchen left over from what I took to prayer meeting this week, and there are still some cookies that the orphans didn't eat. ..."

and

What? Were we wrong about this woman. Maybe we shouldn't have judged her by her skanky clothing. She sounds like a really find Christian woman!

I should explain that the sisters are using out of context verses in the book of Proverbs to prove how crappy all women are. Apparently, helping people doesn't count for squat if the sisters find your clothing objectionable.

And what starts out as 'innocent' fun can quickly turn into a deadly crime. Once we give a little slack to our more selfish and fleshy impulses, and let ourselves entertain temptations-one tiny little compromise at a time-we have taken down our resistance to committing serious, life-destroying sins.

but more disturbingly

If we lived in a time when we had to watch people we know be stoned to death for letting those little compromises lead all the way to adultery(Deut 22) we would take this kind of thing-even the little first-step sins-much more seriously than we do

Stoning a few women would keep little girls from flirting! :evil-eye: :pink-shock: This actually makes me angry.

Little girls dont flirt. They are not sexual beings, they are just trying to make friends, and may have a little innocent crush on someone, like I did when I was 7, but thats normal. Its not like theyre going to have sex or anything.

Stoning a few women would keep little girls from flirting! :evil-eye: :pink-shock: This actually makes me angry.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck these two. Women who perpetuate this kind of bullshit are the worst kinds of monsters in the world. I hope Anna-Sofia and Elizabeth die lonely and miserable. They are preaching evil and selling it to other young women who look up to them.

Edited to spell that miserable bitch's name correctly.

Some of the most accomplished and skillful flirts we've ever seen in action were little girls. We've watched them work an entire circle of boys at one, playing favorites, making eyes, coquetting, admiring, dismissing, adjusting ties and making the occasional proposal of marriage-and they haven't been taught it by anyone.

I don't think I've seen the term "coquetting" used in writing since the last time I read Lolita. Did they also use the term "nymphet?"

Their nasty (and possibly, sexually frustrated) attitudes aside, these twits can't write their way out of a paper bag.

Women are still stoned to death in this time. Maybe they should move to those countries to see how wonderful it is.

On the one hand, I'm really excited that you're reading this book! I'm going to have to go back and read your earlier posts. And possible get a copy of this book, for masochism purposes.

On the other hand, barf barf barf barf barf barf barf barf barf barf barf barf barf barf barf barf barf barf barf barf

Sidenote: how old are the Botkinettes now, anyway? Surely the older one must be at least 28?

I swear only fundies and pedophiles see little children as sexual beings. And they think we're the ones with the problems!

On the one hand, I'm really excited that you're reading this book! I'm going to have to go back and read your earlier posts. And possible get a copy of this book, for masochism purposes.

On the other hand, barf barf barf barf barf barf barf barf barf barf barf barf barf barf barf barf barf barf barf barf

Sidenote: how old are the Botkinettes now, anyway? Surely the older one must be at least 28?

28 and 30

Oh, they're a little older than I thought... tick fucking tock, Geoff Botkin! If you don't marry them off, they'll slow up your multigenerational plan.

Oh, they're a little older than I thought... tick fucking tock, Geoff Botkin! If you don't marry them off, they'll slow up your multigenerational plan.

The more of them die of old age, unmarried and still writing books that no one buys on the "season of singleness' and "God's greater plan" the better for the world.

Martyr talk may mean "I'm miserable right now so I'll convince myself that being miserable is desireable and that's I'm wonderful and okay even though I don't feel so." Pretty common kind of thinking, but supersad when it becomes so pervasive. The more they talk like this, I bet it's harder and harder to imagine breaking free and feeling better some other way - such as fulfilling a desire or two.

Little girls proposing marriage? That would be imitative behaviour... who did they learn it from? :shifty:

P.S. Many brothers here too (I come from a big family of adoptees) and yeah, I was happy when they found people they loved and vice versa :pull-hair:

Some new quotes from the book

They are slut shaming little girls! How low can you be to slut shame kids?

Being paranoid as fuck probably makes it easier. Seriously, they're starting to sound like Marky Mark the delusional men's rights advocate who never gets laid.

This crap makes me want to nip over to Dougie's History of America Mega-Conference Facebook page, find one of the pics of the Botkinettes, and comment, "Awww--still single!"

Not that I care whether they ever marry, but just to be a bitch.

I'm obviously not holding my breath, but what would happen if one of the Botkinettes got married and the other didn't?

I'm obviously not holding my breath, but what would happen if one of the Botkinettes got married and the other didn't?

A.) The unmarried one converts to Catholicism and joins a convent

B.) The unmarried one goes Full Ophelia

C.) Menage?

I expect there would be a meltdown that looks/sounds something like this:

http://youtu.be/EbxlqGXQeEM?t=1m18s

(hope I did that right)

eta: don't mind me, just a little trial and error stuff going on...

Archived