IGNORED

Orange is the New Black

Rachel333

I watched it all this weekend and now I'm having some withdrawal feelings. :lol: I loved it and Poussey very quickly became my favorite character. She was just kind of in the background for me last season but she really stood out this season.

I just finished watching season 1 again before season 2 came out, but now I really want to go back and watch season 1 knowing what I do now.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 3/4 finished. When can we discuss plot details freely without spoiler tags? I'm loving the backstories on all the ladies. I can do without the Larry nonsense. I do wanna know what's up with Red's family on the outside.

I watched the second season this weekend. It seemed a little darker this time around, but still really good. For those who have watched all of the episodes, did anyone else gasp then laugh at the ending of the final episode, or am I just a terrible person?

Edited to remove possible spoiler.

I watched the second season this weekend. It seemed a little darker this time around, but still really good. For those who have watched all of the episodes, did anyone else gasp then laugh at the ending of the final episode, or am I just a terrible person?

Edited to remove possible spoiler.

I liked it. haha. Am I a bad person? It definitely made me smile.

I liked it. haha. Am I a bad person? It definitely made me smile.

I laughed. I had been just a bit teary from that final scene and that was a bit of a jolt.

Major roller coaster of emotions. My ugly-cry was strong up until the final scene when I whooped & hollered without shame. Good riddance to bad rubbish! P was on point when she read another character as being a pedophile without the sex.

Anyone care the armchair diagnose the other characters? I'm still putting together the pieces for Morello, but my first guess is some sort of delusional disorder. I could totally see her being happy as a fundie-lite SAHD.

I laughed. I had been just a bit teary from that final scene and that was a bit of a jolt.

It was an absolutely perfect ending episode to a season. Perfection.

Re: the final scene, I actually cheered. There are so many awesome women on that show. Aaaand of course it's totally hooked me for Season 3. Is it 2015 yet?

I loved the new season, the deeper background of the characters. The thing I love about this series is the writing. It is so true to the evolution of the characters. The final moments of the show saw me acting as if I'd just seen the St. Louis Cardinals win another World Series!

• 1 month later...

I finally finished season 2 last night.

Not my favorite. I thought it was underwhelming after hearing so many positive reviews.

I found a good portion of the season to just be boring, which is why I stopped watching for a while. I thought the ending was predictable and obviously telegraphed to the point where it insulted my intelligence as a viewer. But other than that, I felt like I was being hit on the head with a message of "care about your prisoners," while at the same time portraying prison as "fun," and "not at all dangerous and scary."

I did like Sister Irene (?)'s story. I liked that she wasn't just a peaceful protester put in jail to send a message. Do we know what the pregnant lady did yet? I can't remember if we know.

I would have liked for the transfers to go through so that we could ditch Piper's family, Alex, and some of the supporting cast. And we could have moved the story line to a new, actually dangerous prison and showed some more drama. Maybe I just don't care for the "comedy" aspect. And Larry has to go. Why that actor has a job at all, I do not know. He's not attractive, talented, or funny.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved how the final scene occurred just because "she was rude." Like others here, I gasped and then laughed and cheered. I can't say I feel horrible for it.

I am definitely missing the inclusion of Tricia, as she was my favorite character from season 1. I couldn't STAND So-So, but I guess she did provide a contrast to Sister Irene, who by comparison was truly genuine about her protests and wasn't doing it as a fad. Red is still one of my favorites. Gary can head off into the sunset with So-So as far as I'm concerned.

As for psychological diagnoses? Vee is 100% a sociopath. She manipulates everyone around her and will do anything to avoid implicating herself in the involvement of a crime. She also cares about nobody but herself. It wasn't hard to figure out what her MO was.

This show is best when it's not focused on Piper. I enjoy the other stories (that don't revolve around Poor Piper And Her Rebellious Phase) so much better.

I'm much more interested in Sister Ingalls, Gloria, Sophia, Taystee and Suzanne. They're interesting characters.

And I hope Fischer is doing something better now; she definitely seemed to be there because it was a job, rather than because she WANTED to be in corrections.

And I don't think Bennett is "nice", I think he's a creep.

UZO ADUBA HAS AN EMMY YOU GUYS. (They give out the Guest Acting Emmys early as part of the "creative arts" ceremony.) Along with the talented actresses from other shows, she beat out OITNB's Laverne Cox and Natasha Lyonne. And I have to say that as much as I like Sophia and Nicky, IMO they chose right on this one...Suzanne is a unique and endlessly interesting character, and Aduba's performance is a huge part of that.

Schilling and Mulgrew are nominated for the "big" Emmys in a few weeks, along with the show itself, and if Modern freakin' Family beats this for Best Comedic Series, I swear to God...

UZO ADUBA HAS AN EMMY YOU GUYS. (They give out the Guest Acting Emmys early as part of the "creative arts" ceremony.) Along with the talented actresses from other shows, she beat out OITNB's Laverne Cox and Natasha Lyonne. And I have to say that as much as I like Sophia and Nicky, IMO they chose right on this one...Suzanne is a unique and endlessly interesting character, and Aduba's performance is a huge part of that.

Schilling and Mulgrew are nominated for the "big" Emmys in a few weeks, along with the show itself, and if Modern freakin' Family beats this for Best Comedic Series, I swear to God...

Well deserved, IMO. Aduba is *amazing*.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
So who is planning on binge watching this on the 6/12?

I am! I'm off work tomorrow, but will wait for my headship to get home from work to start. I'll probably go into a house cleaning frenzy with beloved old Grey's episodes playing in the background to keep myself from sneaking a peek. Must. stay. busy!

so

Season 3 is up already!!!! They released it early, I guess :banana-dance:

Now I just want my kids to get in bed already so I can start watching it...

Season 3 is up already!!!! They released it early, I guess :banana-dance:

Now I just want my kids to get in bed already so I can start watching it...

:pink-shock:

I know how I'm spending my TV time tonight. I like mostly all of the characters except Piper and her husband.

:pink-shock:

I know how I'm spending my TV time tonight. I like mostly all of the characters except Piper and her husband.

Well, he's her ex-fiance who's with her (ex?) best-friend now :lol: But yes, I'm with you on liking everyone except Piper and Larry. Ugh. Hopefully Larry and Polly (the possibly-ex-best-friend who's now with Larry) won't be in this season. I would be completely happy with that.

Well, he's her ex-fiance who's with her (ex?) best-friend now :lol: But yes, I'm with you on liking everyone except Piper and Larry. Ugh. Hopefully Larry and Polly (the possibly-ex-best-friend who's now with Larry) won't be in this season. I would be completely happy with that.

Haha I forgot they didn't actually get married.

I watched 3 episodes last night. I have to say I'm a little disappointed in the plot/writing. Piper and Alex are both...characters I don't care about or want to watch. I even prefer Aleida's SO over them. :puke-front:

We made it through the first two episodes last night. I'll probably avoid this thread for a bit until I'm done with the season because I don't want to see spoilers or miss any discussion so I'm kind of stuck :lol: What with having children who are old enough to understand and (much) too young to watch the show, as well as a husband who wants to watch it with me, binging isn't really an option around here, unfortunately. It all has to be watched after bedtime.

I watched 3 episodes last night. I have to say I'm a little disappointed in the plot/writing. Piper and Alex are both...characters I don't care about or want to watch. I even prefer Aleida's SO over them.

I'm not really enjoying the Piper/Alex storyline right now either. I'm hoping it gets better as we get to more episodes.

I think that Red is my favorite character. Followed very closely by Taystee and Poussey and then most of the others. I think it's interesting that Suzanne still has her hair fixed the way Vee fixed it (not a spoiler, Suzanne shows up rather early in the first episode) and I wonder if there's a meaning to that or if she simply just prefers it that way.

I just finished...because why not spend all day binge watching? Ha!

I'll probably only be back for the next season because the last episode has so many actual cliffhangers. Otherwise I found the season to be a bit slow.

Archived