IGNORED

Justin Turley's New Daughter

debrand

The Turley's are a member of Vision Forum. I believe Justin was an intern for Doug. His brother Samuel is friends with Joshua T Phillips(Doug's son) and lists himself as residing in C.S.A(Confederate States of America) :roll:

Justin's daughters name is Shiloh Faith Turley. Shiloh is lovely sounding name; however, the obnoxiousness that is part of this group means that her name has to have a more important meaning.

Shiloh

Shiloh is a name rich with meaning. It’s familiar in the Bible as the name of an ancient town wherein the Ark of the Covenant was first hosted before the construction of the Temple in Jerusalem. It’s also familiar as the place where Samuel was dedicated to the service of the LORD by his parents and where he was first called by God.

Shiloh is also used in Genesis 49 during Jacob’s benediction to his sons where he states that “the scepter shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh comes.†Shiloh is a term used here to describe the Savior, Jesus Christ, and—derived from a root word most commonly interpreted as “peaceableâ€, “tranquilâ€, or “quietâ€â€”the meaning ascribed is thus “Peace Bringer†or “Bringer of Peaceâ€. Peace then in this sense is reconciliation, namely to a God against whom we have trespassed. Without the blood of Jesus Christ, there is no peace with God. Without His sacrifice, there is no reconciliation. He offers us both peace and reconciliation—but on His terms. Praise the Lord—the Prince of Peace—for reconciling us to Himself!

“For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.†—Colossians 1:20

“For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation . . . and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity. —Ephesians 2:16,18

Lastly, Shiloh is the name of a town just 100 miles from here and the site of one of the most well-known and pivotal battles of the American Civil War, fought in 1863. We learned that we were expecting Shiloh on the sesquicentennial year of that battle. The battle is of particular significance to our family as our ancestors were owners of a portion of the land that was to become the site of the great battle, and men from both sides of my family were present and fighting there for Southern independence.

Whoops. I forgot the link.

justinturley.com/archives/461

This is the birth announcement

A splash of pink has been added to a once all-blue home this morning as God has graciously and safely delivered to us our first daughter! God was exceedingly gracious to us and my wife was amazing. We are grateful for the many prayers lifted up on our behalves and are pleased to introduce to you…

Vision Forum birth announcements always sound odd to me but I'm not certain why.

Gracious and grateful are definitely buzz words for this family. I agree--Shiloh is a cute name...the Confederate support, not so much.

The Turley family is very intriguing to me; like how did they wind up as VF elite when Justin was 10 years old before the parents got married? Did they have a connection through other family members? And how did he wind up in CA singing for that semi-famous band- Until June- and then have such a come-to-Jesus moment that he wound up back in the crazy train? Justin and Melissa don't seem too super crazy quiverfull, except for all that Confederacy worship; they've been married five and a half years and just had their third kiddo. It seems like they are using some kind of NFP at least.

I like the name Shiloh, not for Confederate reasons, but it's a pretty name.

Shiloh is a pretty name. Too bad her parents are kooks and forcing their children to drink tainted kool-aide

The Turley family is very intriguing to me; like how did they wind up as VF elite when Justin was 10 years old before the parents got married? Did they have a connection through other family members? And how did he wind up in CA singing for that semi-famous band- Until June- and then have such a come-to-Jesus moment that he wound up back in the crazy train? Justin and Melissa don't seem too super crazy quiverfull, except for all that Confederacy worship; they've been married five and a half years and just had their third kiddo. It seems like they are using some kind of NFP at least.

I like the name Shiloh, not for Confederate reasons, but it's a pretty name.

I like Shiloh too,very pretty and not as odd as some Vision Forum names

The Turley's intrigue me also. For one thing, they seem to be a very nice looking family. It makes me wonder if good looks is one of the criteria for being within Vision Forum's inner circle.

Three kids in five years seems like a lot to me. :lol: Maybe she breast feeds and is not as super duper fertile as other women but she has still had three kids with less than two years between them. She spent 27 of the last 60 months pregnant.

Justin seems to really enjoy dressing up. I imagine that if you don't want to think too deeply and enjoy costume drama, Vision Forum might even be fun sometimes. They offer a romantic view of life, that makes the men feel very privileged and powerful without having to do anything actually uncomfortable like joining the military.

Justin also lapses into romantic speech. For example, why not just say, "Our friends came to see our new baby." or "Our friends visited us"

He wrote, "Our Faithful Friends—The Wenneker Family—Pays Us a Visit" How are they faithful? Why use such old fashioned sounding way of writing? or when he describes his parents wedding photo, "Happy Newlyweds — And a Right Handsome Couple I Do Say" He doesn't write like that all the time so what is the point?

justinturley.com/archives/368

My brother is a gun nutter(he's my brother, what can I do?) and he has a gun safe that looks like the one behind Justin's two sons

I grew up near Monmouth battlefield and now I live close to Manassass battlefield (first and second Battle of Bull Run) and have never felt the need to name a child after either. My great something grandfather marched with Sherman so I'm kinda on the other side of that whole thing.

I grew up near Monmouth battlefield and now I live close to Manassass battlefield (first and second Battle of Bull Run) and have never felt the need to name a child after either. My great something grandfather marched with Sherman so I'm kinda on the other side of that whole thing.

Much as I like the name Shiloh, I agree. My 3rd great grandfather was wounded and taken prisoner at the Battle of Monocacy in Maryland in 1864 (he was Union). Sent to a Confederate prison in Danville VA where he died in early 1865. Even if I'd known about this when my son was born (I only recently found all this out), I don't think I'd have named him Monocacy. :?

Whoops. I forgot the link.

justinturley.com/archives/461

This is the birth announcement

Vision Forum birth announcements always sound odd to me but I'm not certain why.

A once all-blue home? Where was his wife in this presumably all-male household? Is she actually allowed to wear blue, or does she just not count?

I'd forgotten about Justin's band phase: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Until_June

Justin is clearly back in the family fold by August 2004: visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/default.aspx?path=/2004/08/839/

From Wikipedia:In the spring of 2004, drummer Turley left the band to move closer to his family in Texas, a

What a strange fact.

It is sad that Justin couldn't escape the grip of his family. He could have still been a single man who was close to his parents but had his own life away from them. I wonder if they guilted him into returning?

Is this person related to the Turleys from Vision Forum?

http://jonathanturley.org/

One of my great-uncles was drafted to fight in the Polish-Soviet War. I bet I could get some unique names from those battles . . .

One of my great-uncles was drafted to fight in the Polish-Soviet War. I bet I could get some unique names from those battles . . .

My dad died in Vietnam. Maybe I should have named one of my kids after whatever area my dad was closest to.

There was a Disney movie called "Johnny Shiloh," set in the Civil War and starring the ubiquitous Kevin Corcoran. Johnny ran away from home to join the Union army as a drummer. I don't remember anything else about the movie except the jingle.

Johnny Shi-i-looooh, Johnny Shi-i-loooh,

Ran off to be in Mr. Lincoln's army!

Johnny Shi-i-looooh, Johnny Shi-i-loooh,

The roughest, toughest Yankee drummer boooooy!

My dad died in Vietnam. Maybe I should have named one of my kids after whatever area my dad was closest to.

My dad is a Korean "war baby". Now I'm inclined to name my hypothetical kid "625", though I must admit that the Chinese "War to Resist U.S. Aggression and Aid Korea" would be nice as well. :roll:

My dad is a Korean "war baby". Now I'm inclined to name my hypothetical kid "625", though I must admit that the Chinese "War to Resist U.S. Aggression and Aid Korea" would be nice as well. :roll:

:lol: C.W.R.U.A.A.K? I'm not certain how you'd pronounce that

:lol: C.W.R.U.A.A.K? I'm not certain how you'd pronounce that

I'm gonna pronounce it "Hank" if it's a boy and "Griselda" if it's a girl. I'll take some liberties.

Much as I like the name Shiloh, I agree. My 3rd great grandfather was wounded and taken prisoner at the Battle of Monocacy in Maryland in 1864 (he was Union). Sent to a Confederate prison in Danville VA where he died in early 1865. Even if I'd known about this when my son was born (I only recently found all this out), I don't think I'd have named him Monocacy. :?

My ancestor was taken prisoner at the battle of Gettysburg. He survived his two-year prison sentence and, upon his release, married and had a bunch of kids. All seven of them survived until adulthood, oddly enough -his descendants now number in the thousands.

Thirded in that I have never felt the urge to name a child Gettysburg.

Archived