IGNORED

Troopers Confiscating Tampons and Pads at Texas Capitol Bldg

happy atheist

Today at the Texas State Capitol Building, where they're still working really, really hard to outlaw abortions, state troopers were on hand to search women and confiscate all of their feminine hygiene products.

For real.

They were not allowing any tampons or pads into the gallery, allegedly out of fear that people would throw them at the senators. Meanwhile, there was an express lane though security for people with concealed handgun permits, because it's totally cool to take a gun in. But not a pantyliner.

Eventually someone was able to convince them to stop confiscating pads and such, so yay?

http://jezebel.com/tampons-and-maxi-pad ... -758340744

http://gawker.com/no-tampons-and-pads-a ... -758492109

I just can't imagine the damage getting hit by a tampon will cause. Really maybe the cost need tear gas to protect themselves. :disgust:

Texas take your toys (GOP AND PERRY) and go home you are not mature enough to be a state.

You know, OBs always remind me of bullets. Someone should load up their totally legal and okay gun with a bunch of tampons, and smuggle them in to the senate chambers that way.

Did that include a cavity search? Used tampons would be way more gross to throw at someone.

oooo.... I smell a youtube video.

I just can't imagine the damage getting hit by a tampon will cause. Really maybe the cost need tear gas to protect themselves. :disgust:

Texas take your toys (GOP AND PERRY) and go home you are not mature enough to be a state.

Well, Perry is not going to run for Gov again.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... t/2497773/ Not breaking link to USA Today

Fuck Texas. They really are determined to control women aren't they? This HAS to be illegal; why aren't the lawyers on this?

My sympathy to any poster living there.

Because no woman had a legitimate reason to carry a tampon, ever. Who was it that claimed feminism is over, again?

Did that include a cavity search? Used tampons would be way more gross to throw at someone.

I was thinking the same thing - a good number of the women with these products in their purses probably have one somewhere in direct contact with their body. And the politicians would certainly prefer the former over the latter.

Or you know, Texas politicians could wise up and not make such asinine decisions that they fear for retaliation from feminine hygiene products. :?

Wonder how all of these righteous assholes would feel if it was their wife or daughter who desperately needed to have an abortion at 20 weeks?

I wonder what they'd do if I went and they found my cup... would they even recognize it?

At least if I already had it in they couldn't take it away from me, unless they were doing cavity searches...

I just liked this. I wish I could like it xxxxxxeleventyxxxxx11111!!!!!!Xx!!

How have I never seen this website before??? This is stuff that could happen at an FJ Day Camp. Martinis and tampon art?

Wtf?!

I thought guns aren't allowed in courthouses? In 3 states I've lived in, they've got signs saying guns are federally not permitted. Hmm. Weird!

I would say that Texas has lost its mind, but I don't think it had much mind left to lose.

Warning: These are the ramblings of someone who can not sleep.

Theoretically Texas will never be left with no brains. Think about it. They loose half their brains, then half of that, then half of that. The amount of brains left approaches zero but never reaches it.

Warning: These are the ramblings of someone who can not sleep.

Theoretically Texas will never be left with no brains. Think about it. They loose half their brains, then half of that, then half of that. The amount of brains left approaches zero but never reaches it.

Zeno's Brain Bar-B-Que Paradox, y'all.

Zeno's Brain Bar-B-Que Paradox, y'all.

Someone got my half assed snark using quantum mechanics (this is why free jinger is so much fun). I will always remember quantum mechanics as the only class that made more sense after a drink :obscene-drinkingcheers:.

Archived