IGNORED

Go on...don't worry about me. I'll make it....somehow

For some reason Iron Maiden's Run To The Hills is going through my mind. Run for your life Cassi!!

Anybody remember the Murphy Brown episode where they dumped a buttload of potatoes at...er...was it Dan Quayle's place??

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for posting the link. That woman is un-fucking believable, isn't she? I simply cannot imagine dissing my dad because the soup that I asked for and he brought me didn't contain something I never specified I wanted in the first place. Not that I could anymore- my dad passed away 3 years ago this week- but I sure as hell hope that Lori is tormented (and I mean agonizingly tormented) by this memory once her dad is gone.

The first thing I thought of when I saw this post was Dan Greenberg's book "How to Be a Jewish Mother"! :)

I've got a copy of that book! Or I did have.

Thanks for posting the link. That woman is un-fucking believable, isn't she? I simply cannot imagine dissing my dad because the soup that I asked for and he brought me didn't contain something I never specified I wanted in the first place. Not that I could anymore- my dad passed away 3 years ago this week- but I sure as hell hope that Lori is tormented (and I mean agonizingly tormented) by this memory once her dad is gone.

...what? Did we read the same blog entry? :?

I think you are confused. It was her daughter, not her dad.

I think you are confused. It was her daughter, not her dad.

No, both dad and daughter failed. Dad went to her favorite health food store to pick up some soup, but he brought home chicken noodle and she wasn't satisfied with that.

She sure seems to have a lot of people at her beck and call.

Jinger, this is Cassie! She could be YOU.

Jinger: Mom, if I go with Josh and Anna to D.C for a while, can I join this D.C conservative Evangelical Protestant missionary group that they told me about? See, it helps the poor unChristian heathens' children in D.C understand true Christianity and what it means I'm gonna go and never come back when I leave with Josh and Anna!

Michelle: My goodness, that sounds truely blessed you have finally seen the light of your older sister Jill!

Jinger: Anna printed out a sheet of paper for me to show you! * hands paper over to Michelle in fake excitement *

Michelle: My, this seems to good to be true! A proper Christian fellowship! * Translation: It's legit, but are you? *

Jinger: I know, right mom? I even wrote phone # of a fellow Christian girl who volunteers there every day except for Fridays and the weekends who Anna reccomended me to spend time together fellowshipping outside of voluteering! * Translation: Faked emphasis for Michelle's bullshit view of reality. *

Michelle: Very well. I shall pray to God and Jesus about this. * Translation: I'm gonna think about it, see if you're brainwashed enough, and talk to Almighty Jim-Bob. Can't have you leaving the nest, now. *

No, both dad and daughter failed. Dad went to her favorite health food store to pick up some soup, but he brought home chicken noodle and she wasn't satisfied with that.

She sure does. I kind of feel bad for her kids and parents because as I mentioned earlier I can picture Lori being a massive bitch to them if they don't do everything the way she wants them to. Lori also had some posting where she trashed her dad by saying that he wasn't a good spiritual leader. It totally reminded me of when Boob said something similar about his dad at a church event.

She sure does. I kind of feel bad for her kids and parents because as I mentioned earlier I can picture Lori being a massive bitch to them if they don't do everything the way she wants them to. Lori also had some posting where she trashed her dad by saying that he wasn't a good spiritual leader. It totally reminded me of when Boob said something similar about his dad at a church event.

Oh she got her mom too. Always nice to see your daughter trashing your marriage on her very public blog

That young woman's quality of life is about to go up significantly. I'm very happy for her.

On another note, what's a "carnal wife"? Is it when you only exist for your husband to fuck you? I'd think so, except that Lori also think wives exist to stroke their husband's ego at every opportunity.

Misread. I thought it was her husband and daughter.

No, I was referring to that fact that, as a grown, married woman, she was sending her father to do her bidding at her favorite health food store. Now, most of the time, stores featuring fresh soup don't offer every flavor every day. Maybe this was what her dad ran into, after he made a special trip to her favorite store to get her soup. Or maybe he made a simple mistake. Whatever. I can't imagine being too sick to get my own damn soup, but still well enough that it made a great deal of difference to me whether I got vegetable or chicken noodle soup.

I think Lori was her daddy's princess, competed with her mother all her life, always got things pretty much as she wanted, became a real bitch as a result, and is now enjoying being passive aggressive, seemingly being a submissive wife while she tells the rest of women-dom what to do.

I truly think she's a vile person.

That young woman's quality of life is about to go up significantly. I'm very happy for her.

On another note, what's a "carnal wife"? Is it when you only exist for your husband to fuck you? I'd think so, except that Lori also think wives exist to stroke their husband's ego at every opportunity.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/07/are-you-carnal-wife.html

No, I was referring to that fact that, as a grown, married woman, she was sending her father to do her bidding at her favorite health food store. Now, most of the time, stores featuring fresh soup don't offer every flavor every day. Maybe this was what her dad ran into, after he made a special trip to her favorite store to get her soup. Or maybe he made a simple mistake. Whatever. I can't imagine being too sick to get my own damn soup, but still well enough that it made a great deal of difference to me whether I got vegetable or chicken noodle soup.

I think Lori was her daddy's princess, competed with her mother all her life, always got things pretty much as she wanted, became a real bitch as a result, and is now enjoying being passive aggressive, seemingly being a submissive wife while she tells the rest of women-dom what to do.

I truly think she's a vile person.

Here is the passive-aggressive post she wrote about her mother:

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/05/my-mom-loves-my-dad.html

She actually comes across as a really awful, irritating person that very few people want to be around. I wonder if she's clueless or that's her goal? The way she talks about how she treats her parents, her children, her grandchildren, her sisters, her "friends", anyone not as well off as she has been and even her husband comes across as her being a serious, spoiled little jerk. It sounds like both her and Ken are stubborn, arrogant assholes and neither would let things go, so they argued a lot. Ken isn't much better, but she didn't treat him well either based off her own statements of their marriage. But only women are at fault, so she totally gives into his ego and pretends to need him so in her own passive-aggressive way she gets spoiled like the queen she thinks she is and he gets to think he's in control.

That's the thing I've noticed a lot with these men lead-women submit bloggers is the women, as a result of having so little say and put on a lower pedestal, use loads of passive-aggressive tactics to manipulate their spouses to do what they want and get their own way. But when that's pointed out to them, they deny they ever try to manipulate anyone. I can't recall the name of the blogger who purposely would mess up something her husband is supposed to fix and then have him rescue her in need and do the job himself because she refused to "nag" him about it. Nothing passive-aggressive or manipulative about that.

Seriously, if men and women were just considered people in equal status, especially in relationships, the need for manipulation tactics would be unnecessary.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/07/are-you-carnal-wife.html

I see. Disagreeing with your husband is a carnal instinct that you must avoid. Well, she's right that being a doormat isn't natural. Also, this is a little weird:

You want to be a godly woman with deep roots in Jesus that can easily handle the meat of the word.

Handling the meat of the word...

Handling the meat of the word

Yet another great candidate for a post count title. :lol:

On King of the Hill, there was a point where 7th grader Connie was so annoyed with her father pushing her all the time that she said, "I am going to put him in SUCH a 2nd-tier nursing home!" I'm hoping that's what Cassie and siblings eventually do with Lori.

I think the worst thing about Lori's whining over the soup is that it came on top of several different "child training" posts about how Lori and her son Ryan make Ryan's 1yo eat food she doesn't like because it will teach her that she doesn't always get what she wants. I think Lori needs to go back to school on that one.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/07/preventing-picky-eaters.html

I believe it is called teaching your child self-discipline and that they won't always get what they want. Many times in life they must learn to choose to do what is good for them instead of what they want to do. In the long run, this will be much better for them.

Some of you may think that force feeding is just terrible. I disagree. You can train your taste buds to like anything. They choose to train her to like healthy food. They only want her to grow up to be a self-controlled, disciplined adult and to get there isn't always easy but it is always good.

:doh:

So I see that she's passive-aggressive with everyone, and not just Ken.

BTW - has Ken ever actually taken care of Lori? Her father was there for her when she got sick and needed him. Her daughter has helped her. What exactly has Ken done?

I think the worst thing about Lori's whining over the soup is that it came on top of several different "child training" posts about how Lori and her son Ryan make Ryan's 1yo eat food she doesn't like because it will teach her that she doesn't always get what she wants. I think Lori needs to go back to school on that one.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/07/preventing-picky-eaters.html

:doh:

Happily, my mother didn't subscribe to this. She says I ate bananas then rejected them when I was about 1 so she quit feeding them to me. I am 54 and don't eat bananas even now, including banana bread. I accidently got a bit of banana candy about 10 years ago, and it made my mouth and tongue itch. I suspect I have an allergy, but was too young to explain it (to myself or my mom). I avoided seafood for years and we never knew why--I just hated it without tasting it-- until I did finally eat it and I broke out. I think people, even little people, often have reasons they find some food unacceptable. I know, most kids are not allergic to every food they may not like, but I for one am for giving people / kids the benefit of the doubt that their body may know what food is good for them better than a sadistic grandmother does.

So I see that she's passive-aggressive with everyone, and not just Ken.

BTW - has Ken ever actually taken care of Lori? Her father was there for her when she got sick and needed him. Her daughter has helped her. What exactly has Ken done?

I'm trying to find the entry where Ken says that husbands should make their wives have sex when ill because it will make them feel better.

I'm trying to find the entry where Ken says that husbands should make their wives have sex when ill because it will make them feel better.

Here it is:

I will agree with you 100%. Lori has been quite ill many years of our 32 years of marriage, and there are times her pain has been 7-8-9- and 10 out of 10. Of course a loving husband not only understands, but he also has no interest in adding to his wife's burdens.

On the other hand, it was much appreciated when Lori would think about my needs, and there were times where I initiated sex not so much because I wanted it, but because I felt she needed a small distraction, even if for a moment from her life difficulties. Such sex is not overly satistying for either party, but the chemicals produced can be a part of heaking.

When a spouse is in pain or ill it should not be an automatic shutting down of the love making that is a necessary part of the relationship. There are many feel good chemicals that are released by sex and the ill person can benefit from God's natural drugs and the closeness that comes from such intimacy for many hours afterwards.

So for those out there with similar circumstances we fully understand that sex takes a back seat to other forms of intimacy, if even such can be created. But do not lose sight of all the good that the sexual experience can give to even the ill person, and explore healthy healing without assuming that whenever one is ill they cannot or should not have sex. That is each couple's decision as to what is best recognizing GOd's ideal, even when ill, to gain God's blessings.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/01/forbidden-fruit.html

Archived