IGNORED

Go on...don't worry about me. I'll make it....somehow

The one where the further away from Lori and Ken, the better

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/07/shes-flying-coop.html

My precious daughter, Cassi, is leaving home for somewhere far away. She wants to experience something new. She has lovingly cared for me the past five years through all of my health problems. I will miss her greatly but I definitely want her to go where the Lord leads her.

How can you not help but love someone that has served you selflessly for years without complaining?

Lori loves her daughter because she's been a servant to her....nice.

Here comes the guilt:

So, yes, I will miss Cassi and her sweet presence terribly. My health is still not very good. I still struggle daily trying to figure out how to get well but I know the Lord will take care of me. He always has and He always will.

:roll:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Run Cassi, run. Let Ken take care of Lori. He's supposed to love her like Christ loves his church, right?

I think the reason Cassi never complained is because Lori is probably a massive bitch to her. I will never forget that soup entry. I found this entry to be a bit vague like Lori is hiding something from her readers. Cassi has a college degree and it could be that she is moving away for career purposes. But Lori will try to dance around that because of some of her readers who are hardcore fundies who are against the idea of women having careers.

I hear an orchestra of tiny, tiny violins

:violin: :violin: :violin:

:violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:

:violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:

:violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:

The one where the further away from Lori and Ken, the better

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/07/shes-flying-coop.html

Lori loves her daughter because she's been a servant to her....nice.

Here comes the guilt:

:roll:

Reminds me of a joke that I knew in the 80s. How many martyr mother in laws does it take to change a lightbulb? None--"oh don't mind me, I'll just sit here in the dark."

Reminds me of a joke that I knew in the 80s. How many martyr mother in laws does it take to change a lightbulb? None--"oh don't mind me, I'll just sit here in the dark."

I always heard that one as a Jewish mother joke! :lol:

What are the Monster's health problems anyway?

She recently had a brain tumor come back. For some reason, she decided to treat it with surgery instead of eating fresh fruits and vegetables.

She recently had a brain tumor come back. For some reason, she decided to treat it with surgery instead of eating fresh fruits and vegetables.

Isn't that heretical?

Lori also has neck problems due to injuries from a car accident. IIRC, Cassi was a toddler when that happened.

I think the reason Cassi never complained is because Lori is probably a massive bitch to her. I will never forget that soup entry. I found this entry to be a bit vague like Lori is hiding something from her readers. Cassi has a college degree and it could be that she is moving away for career purposes. But Lori will try to dance around that because of some of her readers who are hardcore fundies who are against the idea of women having careers.

What was the soup issue?

What was the soup issue?

The short version is that Lori was sick and was really craving potatoes. Cassi went grocery shopping and bought her some potatoes and then made a soup, but didn't add the potatoes to the soup. Lori had to restrain herself from sending a mean text to Cassi about it, but did not restrain herself from writing a whining entry about it on her public blog.

Oh, have I mentioned that Lori Alexander is a fucking monster?

Perhaps someone will have the actual soup post, but the bottom line is that Lori was sick (as always), wanted potato so asked for soup. Daughter delivered soup without a potato in it. Lori bitched about soup without potato instead of being grateful she got something.

Who asks for soup when they want a potato? Ask for a damn baked potato from Wendy's! Probably 90% of soups DON'T have potatoes in them.

Bitch.

Why not just ask for "potato soup"? :? There is such a thing...

Lori strikes me as the type that lays around on the couch sighing heavily until someone asks if she's ok and then when they do she won't ever say what she actually wants. She probably thinks if they really cared about her they would know soup = potato.

If I say I want cookies my husband knows I mean fudge stripe cookies but that's only because I told him that and if for some reason I wanted other cookies I would tell him explicitly what I wanted.

I imagine Lori being the subject of an old joke defining the Yiddish word "kvetch."

On a crowded train, an old man keeps moaning, "Oy! Am I thirsty! Oy! Am I thirsty!" Finally, someone gets him a glass of water. The man drinks the water. Several minutes after finishing the glass, the man starts moaning, "Oy! Was I thirsty! Oy! Was I thirsty!"

I always heard that one as a Jewish mother joke! :lol:

The first thing I thought of when I saw this post was Dan Greenberg's book "How to Be a Jewish Mother"! :)

Here's Lori's original whining re: the potato (or lack thereof):

just wanted a potato, something soft and filling. I asked my dad to stop by my favorite health food store and pick up some vegetable soup.

He brought me chicken noodle. No potatoes...I asked Cassi to buy me some potatoes. The next day I went to put a potato in the oven and all the potatoes were green with brown spots all over them. No potatoes...

The next day, she bought me some good potatoes and made a big pot of vegetable soup for me. I couldn't wait to finally have some potatoes. I went to get some soup and there was not ONE potato in the whole soup!!! I almost lost it. I did shed a few tears. I wanted to text her, "Where are the potatoes???" Make her feel bad, you know.

Better call the Waaaambulance!! :auto-ambulance:

The original thread is here: www.freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php ... oup+potato. It starts around page 5 or so of the thread.

I wanted to text her, "Where are the potatoes???" Make her feel bad, you know.

Actually, no-- I don't know. Jesus, you have a microwave, don't you? It's not brain surgery, nor anything anyone who wasn't on her deathbed couldn't accomplish.

Why not just ask for "potato soup"? :? There is such a thing...

Lori didn't specify she wanted potato soup? She just asked for soup and was then annoyed when Cassie couldn't read her mind? Cassie, run and make a wonderful life for yourself outside of your mother's reach.

Archived