IGNORED

Custody Denied to Nazi-Naming Dad

AtroposHeart

*Delurking* I actually met this guy and his GF at a Walmart in NJ when visiting my sister; we ran into them in the baby aisle. My nephew was only a few months old and her baby was about the same age, so my sister asked his name. Dad proudly said "Adolf Hitler." We were stunned until my mom finally said (in the understatement of the year) "what a different name." The guy looked really strange and I recall tattoos (a swastika?) but the GF at the time (my nephew is 7 now so I don't know if its the same one) looked like she was definitely a bit slow. She seemed to be a decent person so we figured she was being taken advantage of by him. Those poor kids, though.

You're mother definitely reacted much better than most people would when being told that a kid's name is Adolf Hitler. :D

It probably was them, little Adolf is about 7 right now. And its better you meeting them than there being two sets of racist idiots who named their kid Hitler.

It probably was them, little Adolf is about 7 right now. And its better you meeting them than there being two sets of racist idiots who named their kid Hitler.

I agree it probably was them.

I agree it probably was them.

In 2005 or 2096, 72 children in the US were named Lucifer.

I'm guessing the little boy at issue isn't the only Adolf Hitler in the country.

We're pretty sure it was them since my sister said they've been in the local NJ news several times over the past few years. Not sure if its the same girlfriend though. I remember the to-do about the birthday cake. Sad.

Re: Lucifer - what is wrong with people?

We're pretty sure it was them since my sister said they've been in the local NJ news several times over the past few years. Not sure if its the same girlfriend though. I remember the to-do about the birthday cake. Sad.

Re: Lucifer - what is wrong with people?

When I was a kid, I loved the name Lucifer. I wasn't terribly religious, so I didn't know the name's origin. I just liked the name because it was the name of the cat in the Disney version of Cinderella. I named several stuffed animals Lucifer. Lol

You're mother definitely reacted much better than most people would when being told that a kid's name is Adolf Hitler. :D

Have to agree!

My parents told me that you need to be careful when naming your kids because it could affect them later on in life, especially in school. This is the prime example.

I met a girl with the last name Hitler once, but I guess there's nothing much to be done about last names. She was from another school and I saw her at a speech team competition. I felt so bad when they called her name!

The kicker?

She was tall and pretty, with blond hair and blue eyes.

I met a girl with the last name Hitler once, but I guess there's nothing much to be done about last names.

there is something to be done...change it!!! who would keep that name? not a sane person...

I actually like the name Adolf. It is ruined forever now though.

I live in Wisconsin where a majority of the past immigrants were of German/Polish decent, so I've seen a tombstone or two with the name Adolf on it.

Archived