IGNORED

Sunshine Mary offers tips to eliminate rape and help victims

snuggles911

Sunshine Mary --- sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com/2013/07/09/happy-first-blogiversary-to-me-a-retrospective/ --- has decided she'd like to devote her life to helping men fight false rape accusations b/c so many women make up stories about being raped.

There are two aspects of this that are of particular interest to me: one is the female sexual response to male dominance and the other is false rape accusations and the devastating effect these have on men. If I were to turn into any sort of activist, it would probably be on this issue.

She offers these tips for making the world a safer place for women:

Well, outlawing fornication and getting rid of marital rape laws would exist within a whole constellation of changes that would get us back to sanity: eliminate no-fault divorce; eliminate affirmative action (you sink or swim on your own merit); outlaw abortion, eliminate the alphabet soup of welfare programs; get women the hell out of the military where all they do is cause problems. Oh and repeal the 19th amendment.

Am I missing anything?

This is how she'd help rape victims:

Forget condoms. I have a better solution: pressure the legislature to overturn marital rape laws and make fornication a criminal offense for both men and women. The punishment? You have to marry the one you fornicated with. You break it, you bought it, buddy.

There, I just cleared 95% of the sexual assault cases off the court docket.

Men like to blame women for everything. That’s cool, no problem, we’re pretty bad. Then again, I don’t see many Christian men calling for the return of Deuteronomy 22: 28-29. I wonder why that is.

“If a man meets a virgin who is not betrothed, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are found, then the man who lay with her shall give to the father of the young woman fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife, because he has violated her. He may not divorce her all his days.

It's that simple folks. Just force convicted rapists to marry their victims.

A reader named Ton questioned Sunshine's wisdom:

You might also see an increase in actual rape of young, very pretty virgins just so men can score a hot bride.

But Sunshine had a quick retort:

But that is where fathers come in. In Deuteronomy 22, a man who rapes a betrothed woman has to die because he has stolen another man's wife. But if he rapes an unattached female, he simply must pay a fine to her father and then provide for her as her husband for life. This gives fathers and husbands a real interest in watching out for their wives/fiancees/daughters.]

I've got a new name for her: Sunshine Scary. :pull-hair:

She should move to Morocco, where this law (with slight modifications) is already on the books!

If you have an hour of spare time, I highly recommend this excellent documentary on the topic: http://vimeo.com/60159667

SM is a fucking psychopath. :angry-banghead:

She should move to Morocco, where this law (with slight modifications) is already on the books!

If you have an hour of spare time, I highly recommend this excellent documentary on the topic: http://vimeo.com/60159667

SM is a fucking psychopath. :angry-banghead:

I agree. I can't even imagine how someone becomes this hateful. I just can't fathom it.

But she did give a shout out to FJ:

"And finally, to all my fans at Manboobz, GOMI, Bitch Media, Fundies Say the Darndest Things, Free Jinger, Stuff Fundies Like, and all the various feminist campaigns on Facebook that have linked to my site"

Hmm, it looks like we're at the cool kids table my fellow FJ-ers.

Sunshine Mary --- sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com/2013/07/09/happy-first-blogiversary-to-me-a-retrospective/ --- has decided she'd like to devote her life to helping men fight false rape accusations b/c so many women make up stories about being raped.

Kinda what I've been calling her all along, actually (in my head, not on here.)

I have an acquaintance named Gary with some pretty sexist views (among other things.) When I call him Scary, he sometimes doesn't notice.

I know that there are some good arguements of why Mary is a woman, but I just want to say I really think that her husband could be putting up some of these posts sort of like Ken does with Lori, but without taking credit. This shit is textbook MRA. The total focus on overturning marital rape laws.....Not that you cannot have a self hating woman, of course you can, but some, and I do stress some, of her entries don't seem to be in a woman's "voice". YMMV.

What about men who commit adultery, like her husband, Should they be put to death or have to take on a second wife?

What about men who commit adultery, like her husband, Should they be put to death or have to take on a second wife?

I also want an answer to this! I'd go to her blog and post it in a comment but I think I'd get way too emotional reading her BS directly and I just can't deal with that tonight. I'd also leave a comment saying, "So your beautiful, pure daughter has just been violently raped and your response would be to marry her to her rapist?" But she'd probably just delete it or argue that she'd never be raped because her father "protects" her.

This woman is so vile. I wonder where her particular brand of batshit originates. How can a woman have such hatred and contempt toward her own gender?

Her solution to sexual assault is to make it legal?

just... wow

Well the only sure way to reduce the crime rate to zero is to make everything legal. I'm pretty sure that would create a world that she wouldn't enjoy living in any more than we would, though, and I'm absolutely sure that she'd find that her ultra alpha Holy Hand Grenade was nowhere near as capable of protecting her and their family in a world of anarchy than they fondly imagine.

Basically she wants to redefine rape so that rape does not exist.

The scariest part about her is that she has daughters. Given what SSM has said on her blog, I can't imagine emerging from that kind of childhood without being colossally screwed up. My relatively progressive parents have given me plenty of lectures about getting married and having kids "before its too late" and it has taken me a long time to realize that conforming to their expectations might not necessarily be what is best for me. Being indoctrinated from a young age as I am sure SSM's kids are would be very difficult to sort through as an adult. Most likely all 5 of her daughters will end up married to abusive assholes like SSM's husband. My hope for them is they work hard in school, get scholarship money to go to college and distance themselves from their hateful parents.

Basically she wants to redefine rape so that rape does not exist.

The scariest part about her is that she has daughters. Given what SSM has said on her blog, I can't imagine emerging from that kind of childhood without being colossally screwed up. My relatively progressive parents have given me plenty of lectures about getting married and having kids "before its too late" and it has taken me a long time to realize that conforming to their expectations might not necessarily be what is best for me. Being indoctrinated from a young age as I am sure SSM's kids are would be very difficult to sort through as an adult. Most likely all 5 of her daughters will end up married to abusive assholes like SSM's husband. My hope for them is they work hard in school, get scholarship money to go to college and distance themselves from their hateful parents.

I didn't realise she had so many daughters. How many sons? And are her breeding days done?

Yup, because a rapist is totally going to stick around long enough to be identified, or tell the truth when asked. This has totally never happened before in history or anything. No reason to think that someone who would violate another person's body isn't a stand-up guy, right?

Logistics, Sunshine. :angry-banghead:

Why is she so in invested in protecting men from false rape allegations? Maybe one of the times SSM's hubby cheated on her wasn't really cheating and resulted in a sexual harassment/assault charge, and it pissed Mary off that some lowly tramp would try to ruin her perfect life.

Or maybe she's just a horrible human being.

Why is she so in invested in protecting men from false rape allegations? Maybe one of the times SSM's hubby cheated on her wasn't really cheating and resulted in a sexual harassment/assault charge, and it pissed Mary off that some lowly tramp would try to ruin her perfect life.

Or maybe she's just a horrible human being.

Possilbly the first, but the latter is defintally true. If Shitstain Mary where to have a piano drop on her head nothing of value would have been lost.

Possilbly the first, but the latter is defintally true. If Shitstain Mary where to have a piano drop on her head nothing of value would have been lost.

Except for the piano!

Does anyone know more about her children? How old are they, where do they live?

That's some hate right there I just read. Wow. This lady is nuts. NUTS!

So according to SM's logic, I'd have had to marry my uncle when I was two since that is when he raped me and I wasn't already betrothed. Wow what a fantastic solution to the issue of my pedophilic uncle's rape issues! I bet I would have been the best wife ever to hit my preschool (that was a joke, I know that SM's rules would never have allowed me to go to preschool ha ha). So here is another question for SM - what about all the ladies who are gang raped? Do they have to marry all the perpetrators? Or what about young boys who are raped? Do they have to be forced into a same sex marriage? Oh that SM - always thinking about the best way to help humanity!

FWIW I also don't think the tone of her posts is in a woman's voice. Nor a mother's voice.

Men like to blame women for everything. That’s cool, no problem, we’re pretty bad. Then again, I don’t see many Christian men calling for the return of Deuteronomy 22: 28-29. I wonder why that is.

Doesn't the use of the word, we're prove that she is a man?

So, as long as men don't rape women, those men aren't doing anything else wrong? See, I have a higher opinion of most males than Sunshine Mary(whoever he is) I think that men-like women-can treat people that they find sexually attractive with respect regardless of whether that person is protected or not.

Well, outlawing fornication and getting rid of marital rape laws would exist within a whole constellation of changes that would get us back to sanity: eliminate no-fault divorce; eliminate affirmative action (you sink or swim on your own merit); outlaw abortion, eliminate the alphabet soup of welfare programs; get women the hell out of the military where all they do is cause problems. Oh and repeal the 19th amendment.

Am I missing anything?

Let me get this straight...rape is caused my premarital sex, women's right to vote, affirmative action, abortion, welfare, women in the military or just about anything that a white, male with a superiority complex might find discomforting. So, if we go all the way back to the late 1800's we will have a rape free society?

And yet Sunshine Scary "rode the carousel" before getting married. So is she cool with her marriage being dissolved and going back to the one who "broke it"? (You broke it, you bought it, indeed.)

I've only started reading SM in the past few days so can someone fill me in - do we actually have proof this is a real person? I am a bit suspicious after Razing Ruth and this post ... seriously? ... marry your rapist? I am hoping this is a troll because the idea that there are Americans who believe this is truly scary.

I watched a documentary about woman in prison in Islamic countries for refusing to marry their rapists. Many had children. I can't remember too many details but there was one girl who was 15 and had been raped by her cousin. She had a beautiful little girl who was locked up with her. Does anybody seriously think this is a good thing?

Doesn't the use of the word, we're prove that she is a man?

I think she's saying it's okay to blame women for everything, because we women are pretty bad.

But I also think it was written by a man.

I couldn't resit I commented on her blog asking if her husband deserved to be stoned for cheating since that is under Bibical law.

I also submitted her qoute to FSTDT as well.

Archived