IGNORED

Vykie NLQ?

Avii

Hello, newbie here!

I've noticed a few people refer to Vykie from NLQ with disdain. Can anyone give me any backstory on this? I originally asked on the Razing Ruth thread but figured here was probably a much better place to ask.

Thanks in advance!

I don't really have any disdain for Vykie.

Some of the annoyance stems from her relationship with her daughter Angel. It seems that while Vykie was fundie she allowed abuse to occur toward Angel. My memory is crappy though so someone else can give you specifics.

It's of interest again because of the RR malarkey.

I've noticed either factual, she is this did that etc. To some heavy disdain.

Is she still about the webs?

Didn't she say that RR gave her "proof"? Pretty clear that there was no real proof provided, but I am curious what RR gave her.

Maybe this is off topic, but does anyone know what happened with her daughter Angel?

Miss reading her blog and hoping she is doing well.

I read in the RR thread that RR may be Vykie? No idea who Vykie is-- if anyone does, would be great to have a short summary. Did she run scams like RR?

Thanks for these responses. I'm gleaning more information from the RR thread, too. NLQ was how I first heard of the quiverfull movement, so I'm quite interested.

A long time ago, before NLQ moved to Patheos, Vyckie's entire story was up in a series of twenty-five or thirty posts. I don't know if they are findable on the Wayback or archived elsewhere or not. There were bits in them about Vyckie's relationship with her oldest daughter that were painful to read. If I had been barely adult and struggling with mental health issues as her daughter was, I wouldn't have appreciated my mother posting about them on the internet - feels like a terrible breach of privacy. I hope that is why the posts aren't there anymore, but I don't know.

I have really wondered about her as well. People seem to really dislike her, I had read her full story when it was up and I agree that she shared to much about her daughter. But I really wonder what the story with her verifying Ruth's identity and her unwillingness to remove Ruth's stories after all this.

Best I'm aware it went down on the Yuku board. Vickie did post information about Angel's story within her own story. I was under the impression that it was done with Angel's permission. Angel was engaged to a guy whom one of the younger sisters accused of doing something inappropriate with her. I don't know the details of what. I know that Angel sided with her fiancé and married without Vickie or the family at the wedding. Vickie opted to assume the younger sister was telling the truth and took action. Angel was very hurt and said a lot about how Vickie never protected Angel from abuse and I believe she felt the sister was making the accusations for attention. I do not know that for certain and don't recall anyone saying so, but that was the impression I got and the only explanation I could ever figure out how you still marry a guy your sibling says did something sexually inappropriate with her

I don't know if the fiancé/husband actually did anything or not. I believe Vickie did file a police report. I know Angel went into the Navy and he stated behind and she divorced him. Angel shut down her own blog and erased it around the time of the divorce. Don't know anything that happened after that point. From the statement Vickie made about RR, it appears they are reconciled at this point.

Ah, a quick search reveals that if Angel did take down her blog, she has it back up and public now. angelreneene.blogspot.com Hasn't been updated in over a year, but the best I can tell all of the old entries of drama are viewable. Not personally going to spend a lot of time rehashing that, but there is a post March 11, 2012 entitled "To a man I promised" that seems to give a lot of Angel's perspective of what happened.

Archived