IGNORED

Wizzy Arndt in her white "short, shorts"

0 kids n not countin

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are short shorts? Wow, I must be living in Sodom and Gomorrah then, because those look perfectly normal for most teenage girls around here.

She looks like a perfectly normal young lady, its better than her being forced into a frumper :)

Oh come on. There's nothing creepy or inappropriate about her clothing.

It just creeps me out that she's a little mini-version of her mom. Nobody in that family is allowed to have an individual personality.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've seen pictures of Mothership Arndt in pretty much the exact same outfit. Also not really creepy in itself, but creepy in the context of the Arndts.

She looks like a perfectly normal young lady, its better than her being forced into a frumper :)

Looks can be deceiving when it comes to the Arndts.

Here's one of their new videos and it touches on a lot of Arndtisms. Much stuffed penguin love. Bizarre travel problems. (explained by the fact that God wants them to have an interesting TV show). Matching swim trunks on manboys. (some of whom have never experienced salt water, despite family trips to the coast of Maine and the Outer Banks.) Grown men amazed by being "alone" in a group of three. The strange speech patterns.

FOGJrUW-h10

I haven't watched the rest of the new vids. It took four sittings for me to get through this one.

From the Arndt's perspective it's probably pretty creepy that someone hotlinked an image of their teenage daughter to another site and people are commenting about her shorts.

Yeah, true-Wizzy looks like a normal girl in that picture, and you wouldnt be able to guess she was fundie from that picture alone. But if you look more into the family, theyre batshit insane with the penguins, cake in mommy and daddy's bed, adult men living at home playing with their toys....

From the Arndt's perspective it's probably pretty creepy that someone hotlinked an image of their teenage daughter to another site and people are commenting about her shorts.

Hah! You definitely have a point there. I'll never understand the Arndt's fascination with documenting their entire lives for the world to see, nor their weirdly matching clothes.

Hah! You definitely have a point there. I'll never understand the Arndt's fascination with documenting their entire lives for the world to see, nor their weirdly matching clothes.

With all the photos and videos and interviews and personal details that they put on their site, they really shouldn't be surprised.

but creepy in the context of the Arndts.
This.

I think what she's wearing is perfectly fine, and I was just being facetious about them being "short-shorts".

Pretty easy to see why there will never ever be a Maxwell-Arndt wedding. Imagine exposing Poor Sarah to such debauchery!

I like Wizzie's outfit. It is funny that she has the same shorts as her mom. The man-boys all have matching shorts, too. The speech patterns of the Arndts are really offputting. I wonder which one will eventually break free from the happy compound and go to school, get a job out of town or get married? Surely one will grow up...

I feel for Whizzy for countless reasons, one of which is that she's stuck in an extremist fundie family that doesn't really fit in the same box as other fundie families.

Many fundie patriarchs and their sons would not consider a girl who wore short shorts and a father who allowed pictures of his daughter in said shorts to be posted online, suitable for courtship. Steve Maxwell, JimBob, the PP....... all would be appalled and consider her very immodest.

At the same time, a son of a more mainstream conservative Christian family probably wouldn't initiate the sort of strict courtship Daddy Ardnt would expect. His family would be appalled by the isolation and social awkwardness and extremity of the Ardnt's beliefs.

A girl could conceivably marry an Ardnt man child and come under the authority and rules of her new headship, but I think it would be harder for Whizzy to find a prospective partner who would accept her.

I feel for Whizzy for countless reasons, one of which is that she's stuck in an extremist fundie family that doesn't really fit in the same box as other fundie families.

Many fundie patriarchs and their sons would not consider a girl who wore short shorts and a father who allowed pictures of his daughter in said shorts to be posted online, suitable for courtship. Steve Maxwell, JimBob, the PP....... all would be appalled and consider her very immodest.

At the same time, a son of a more mainstream conservative Christian family probably wouldn't initiate the sort of strict courtship Daddy Ardnt would expect. His family would be appalled by the isolation and social awkwardness and extremity of the Ardnt's beliefs.

A girl could conceivably marry an Ardnt man child and come under the authority and rules of her new headship, but I think it would be harder for Whizzy to find a prospective partner who would accept her.

A fundie Catholic who is equally obsessed with abortion maybe?

Because you're right; the Arndts aren't mainstream anything - including fundie. I'm really not sure what they are. Modesty is not an issue for them. I'm not even sure they're fully patriarchal. Mommy seems to have a lot of power and control and Daddy seems content to live in his fantasy softball/media/Vine Valley world. I think they are working together to keep "the kids" living entirely in their orbit. The never-ending question, of course, is how they have managed to pull it off so successfully.

Probaly it's for the same reason none of the duggars or maxwells or anyone want to leave. they are happy. Or at least they think they are.

I could see the ardnt kids being malleable enough to change their fundie flavor to confrom into another family

Yes, this.

She's SIXTEEN?! JFC that poor girl, she looks (and acts!) like she's 10!

I see nothing wrong with her outfit, I think it's great that she's allowed to wear normal people clothing, but that video seriously creeped me the fuck out. They're so emotionally stunted; it's just scary.

So I only made it through 3 minutes of the video. The speech pattern is so odd. Is anyone from their area and can comment on how this compares to the normal regional accent/speech pattern? Idk.

One way they're less creepy than the Duggars though: they don't have to side hug their parents and siblings.

I find it most peculiar that Wizzy seems to point and almost sign more than speak. And she's so short! I mean, I'm only 5'2" and stopped growing at 14, but unless her *entire* family is exceptionally tall, she's just way too short for a 16 year old IMHO. I mean, compare her to Carlin Bates, who's a year younger!

Archived