IGNORED

how much did "ruth" make?

Daisy4

So you mean you just don't think that way naturally? (serious question, not a confrontation)

Yes.

I'm somewhat misanthropic, well not even that, really--rather sort of socially apathetic, I suppose.

There might be a correlation with this and my personality type (INTJ).

It's also entirely possible I'm just an asshole.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not trying to make the generous feel bad, but it's crazy to me how many people have given her money. Maybe because I am a stingy soul that rarely feels the urge to help anyone?

If you were hungry and wanted my sandwich and I wasn't *that* hungry I would give it to you...but that's really about the extent of my charity.

."

And that is fine. But I live today because of people who against reason opted to help us. So I owe it to them.

And if Ruth ate my money sandwich, it's cool I have more and I will cope. I would rather made stupid mistakes and be the person I like myself being (and I mean this for me only...I don't think you have to be like me at all) than not.

I second the idea of Treemom as an FJ Matriarch. :mrgreen:

You might want to talk to my kid. We are getting ready to leave on vacation and I just had my stressed out temper tantrum I also have right before because I feel like no one is helping.

Yes.

I'm somewhat misanthropic, well not even that, really--rather sort of socially apathetic, I suppose.

There might be a correlation with this and my personality type (INTJ).

It's also entirely possible I'm just an asshole.

:lol: Well, at least you embrace and admit it! I can respect that. :mrgreen:

I'm somewhat misanthropic, but yet I keep doing shit like this. Although I really prefer that my kindness goes to animals.

I wonder why she never acknowledged donations. I understand that to do so publicly could indicate that she wasn't in need of more, but one would think that private thanks and gratitude would be the best way to ensure repeat donations.

If it was any of the ones I know, the no they did not mention it.

It was. I didn't think they did.

I wonder why she never acknowledged donations. I understand that to do so publicly could indicate that she wasn't in need of more, but one would think that private thanks and gratitude would be the best way to ensure repeat donations.

Judging from her writing style, she does not think about other's feelings. So she may not have considered that thanking people for their generosity would make them feel good and appreciated, and thus more likely to donate to her again. Now that she can read these threads, she will probably incorporate more gratitude into her next scams. Which is one reason it's bothering me that she can still read Snark. She can learn a lot here.

It was. I didn't think they did.

Really? I'd put money on Alecto never getting around to it, ha, sixty hour weeks.

Really? I'd put money on Alecto never getting around to it, ha, sixty hour weeks.

Oh she would have been all about this.

Oh she would have been all about this.

I don't know, it's really easy to say "such and such never did this" but we don't really know. I mean, 75% of the evidence we have is coming from a recent post-FJ trip this blogger took that matches up with RR/IP data, I'm not sure how this could have been found out last year if Ruth hadn't really started slipping with this move to Chicago.

Oh, and FWIW, I don't know that Alecto would have been "all over" anything, she really wasn't the person we all thought she was. :/

I don't know, it's really easy to say "such and such never did this" but we don't really know. I mean, 75% of the evidence we have is coming from a recent post-FJ trip this blogger took that matches up with RR/IP data, I'm not sure how this could have been found out last year if Ruth hadn't really started slipping with this move to Chicago.

I didn't mean she would uncover it...I meant she would have mentioned it to one of us who knew her well.

Oh, and FWIW, I don't know that Alecto would have been "all over" anything, she really wasn't the person we all thought she was. :/

Well she just lied to me. I feel pretty comfortable in saying what I believe would have piqued her interest. I did communicate with her at least once or twice a week and saw her a couple of times including the weekend she stayed at my house,

Basically what I am saying is Alecto was not told about this from the mod/admin who was told by the other posters. I believe that those of us who communicated regularly with Alecto would have been told. Just from what I know about how the Elle reveal went down.

Judging from her writing style, she does not think about other's feelings. So she may not have considered that thanking people for their generosity would make them feel good and appreciated, and thus more likely to donate to her again. Now that she can read these threads, she will probably incorporate more gratitude into her next scams. Which is one reason it's bothering me that she can still read Snark. She can learn a lot here.

It actually surprises me too. She does go out of her way to pump up the group ego -- comments like "FJ is definitely on the higher ups radar" or however she said it about her dad not having an obituary, things like that make me think even if she is a complete self absorbed sociopath she should have been better about thanking donors to keep the cash coming in. Maybe she was concerned that too much individual communication would have led to a greater possibility of slipping up.

I don't know, I think it's weird to assume what Alecto would have done, she was shady as shit when it comes to accounts, communicating, site maintenance... lol i think she just didn't give a fuck about FJ sometimes. But regardless, GOMI's been floating that theory around for over a year and couldn't connect the dots, so I don't think it matters long term. This move is what brought her to slipping up, and I'm glad she's gone from FJ. Good riddance!

It actually surprises me too. She does go out of her way to pump up the group ego -- comments like "FJ is definitely on the higher ups radar" or however she said it about her dad not having an obituary, things like that make me think even if she is a complete self absorbed sociopath she should have been better about thanking donors to keep the cash coming in. Maybe she was concerned that too much individual communication would have led to a greater possibility of slipping up.

My worst fear is that she was just receiving so many donations she really couldn't keep up with the thank-yous.

Maybe that's not the case, but that's the nightmare scenario.

My worst fear is that she was just receiving so many donations she really couldn't keep up with the thank-yous.

Maybe that's not the case, but that's the nightmare scenario.

That does sort of lend itself to her being a sock. I mean, if you had kids and another blog, you might not get around to it, either... hopefully she wasn't getting that many. Hopefully it wasn't MckMama money.

That does sort of lend itself to her being a sock. I mean, if you had kids and another blog, you might not get around to it, either... hopefully she wasn't getting that many. Hopefully it wasn't MckMama money.

I think that's the more plausible scenario - she was so busy living her actual life (plus probably running at least 3 or 4 other fake blogs) that she didn't have time to keep up with thank-yous. Or to post to Razing Ruth more than once a month, or whatever.

It explains a lot, actually.

I don't know, I think it's weird to assume what Alecto would have done, she was shady as shit when it comes to accounts, communicating, site maintenance... lol i think she just didn't give a fuck about FJ sometimes. But regardless, GOMI's been floating that theory around for over a year and couldn't connect the dots, so I don't think it matters long term. This move is what brought her to slipping up, and I'm glad she's gone from FJ. Good riddance!

Well I just say that based on what I saw happen when someone floated the Elle theory to her. It isn't out of no where, it is based on something.

Well I just say that based on what I saw happen when someone floated the Elle theory to her. It isn't out of no where, it is based on something.

Yeah, I'm just saying that I think with Elle, there was probably better evidence, I mean she got into the whole Jenny Chancey thing and regency dresses... sometimes I like to go back to the Elle thread just because, damn, that was batshit. I wish RR had slipped up before now, would have saved people a lot of money.

Yeah, I'm just saying that I think with Elle, there was probably better evidence, I mean she got into the whole Jenny Chancey thing and regency dresses... sometimes I like to go back to the Elle thread just because, damn, that was batshit. I wish RR had slipped up before now, would have saved people a lot of money.

There was better evidence.

Anyhow, it is a difference of opinion over something minor anyhow.

I gave $100 before she made the move to Chicago. I never got a response. I also spent a lot of time looking up psych resources for her, also with no thanks.

I knew at the time that this could be a scam, but she really did hit some of my emotional buttons. I won't be giving money anymore unless I know the person.

It's possible that she didn't thank people because to do so might be seen by the giver as an invitation to further communication. She wanted money, she wanted attention, she wanted the thrill of stringing people along and manipulating them--but she sure as fuck didn't want relationships with them. She'd selectively communicate by commenting here, or making a blog post, but she didn't want to be friends.

She almost never thanked commenters to her blog for their advice, either. Commenters would offer all kinds of suggestions, post links to helpful resources, and offer words of encouragement, but she rarely replied to those comments, even when it was obvious the commenter had put real time and effort into pulling information together for her. She'd offer general thanks to everyone who had given her advice, on occasion, but the rest of the time? It was just more of how depressed/broke/overworked/anxious/injured/overwhelmed by the latest drama she was. That's why I only commented on her blog once or twice--she didn't acknowledge the help and advice offered, and I wasn't going to keep trying to be helpful without getting at least some indication whether my help was useful or not.

She just isn't interested in other people, period. She only ever talked about herself. I don't recall her ever joining in on actual conversations, here; Ruth showed up, told us things about herself, answered occasional questions about herself, then left. I never saw her try to forge actual connections with anybody here, or join in the snark, or show interest in anything beyond her own blog and her own story. She just took her portion of attention, then left when she was satisfied.

I gave $100 before she made the move to Chicago. I never got a response. I also spent a lot of time looking up psych resources for her, also with no thanks.

I knew at the time that this could be a scam, but she really did hit some of my emotional buttons. I won't be giving money anymore unless I know the person.

You were so helpful to me when I was going through depression at first, and having bad reactions to the antidepressants, etc., that it really makes me angry that she took advantage of helpfulness like yours.

I shake my fist impotently in the air at her, because that's all I can do. :/

Archived