IGNORED

John Shrader in Burundi

GeoBQn

John Shrader is now on a mission in Burundi. No word on where Esther and the kids are staying while he is away.

FERVANT PRAYER NEEDED for the REST of the MONTH!!!!

Please pray for David Rea and I as we travel to Bujumbura, Burundi from the 9th of July to the 30th of July. What was intended as an 8 day crusade is growing. We have made contact with a national pastor in the nation of Rwanda (north of Burundi). He is planning to bring a number of pastors from the DR Congo, Rwanda, and Burundi to the meeting in Bujumbura. We intend to conduct training for the pastors, evangelism of the lost, and discipleship for the new converts.

David and I will be in Burundi for just over three weeks. We are going in with a Burundian, Mugusha Leonce, and a Zambian, Douglass Sakuwaha. Bro. Rea was privileged to meet these men during his second trip to Zambia last year. Bro. Leonce plans to stay in Burundi and pastor there. This meeting (we hope) will provide a group of people that can soon constitute a church.

Please PRAY. Pray our trip will be fruitful. We plan to conduct extensive evangelism while in Burundi. We are taking 20,000 gospel tracts with us. The security situation in Burundi is not at all very stable. Please pray for our safety and wisdom regarding matters of security for our team. Please pray for favor with the government officials. Because of the family contacts of Bro. Leonce we may be granted the opportunity for an audience with the President of Burundi. In preparation for this we have purchased a large leather bound King James Bible with his name embossed on it. Please pray for this meeting.

In summary: Pray for our effectiveness, our safety and the meetings with the Officials in Burundi.

We praise God that he has provided the funds for this trip this last Sunday. Our God provided the entire cost of both our trips in ONE DAY – without our publishing the need for it. We are amazed at the doors God is opening in Africa, and are humbled to be able to be a small part of what our God is doing in this marvelous continent!

Thank you

Missionaries John Shrader & David Rea

Jer. 33:3

Preparing to leave for Burundi, just had to share one more blessing! As we were driving home last night, I received a message from Becky Mapes Obenland about an accordion she had! We were literally about ten miles from her house and would be passing with two blocks! My accordion was literally falling apart! We stopped by, and she blessed me with this beautiful accordion! Praise God! Another need meet RIGHT ON TIME!

Dear Praying Friends, I am in an Internet Cafe here in the capitol of Burundi. It is so amazing to be on the other side of the world and be able to update you real time. It is simply incredible and amazing what God has already done! David and I beseech you to continue to pray for us. God has already done miraculous things on our behalf, but Satan is also opposing. We have seen the Hand of God open doors and do things that we can only shake our heads in wonder. He placed a former Burundian Naval Officer on a cement transport ship, the ship our team members from Zambia were using as transport to come meet us. This man was able to contact the Burundi Navy to extract our team members off the ship via speedboat when the ship was delayed in order to be on time! God also allowed us to rent a house for our stay in the neighborhood of one of the Govt officials that we need to meet with, and the owner of the house knows the official personally! At this time it is looking like we will have the opportunity to personally meet with the President and present him with a beautiful leather bound King James Bible that we had gold embossed wih his title and name. We have also been told that he will be coming to the Crusade as well. Please pray for this meeting. Pray that God continues to open doors and to touch hearts. We desire to see a harvest of precious souls while here, but truly it is God that giveth the increase. If I am able to post further updates I will, but if not we look forward to sharing God's glorious working when we return. Please continue to uphold us in fervant prayer as we labor in this ripe havest field. We love you all and salute you in the Name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior!

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sooooooo John is off on a mission trip while leaving his wife to take care of their eight children, including a tiny baby (Im sure Sophia is only about 4 months old?) in their pop up camper because they cant afford a house because her selfish dickbag husband wants to go on vacation and does not want to work for it.

I'm so glad he was blessed with an accordion, wasn't he just blessed with a violin a couple months back when he broke his in a car wreck? Now if he could only be blessed with the tools to provide an adequate standard of living for his family, that would be great.

Edited for riffles

I'm so glad he was blessed with an accordion, wasn't he just blessed with a violin a couple months back when he broke his in a car wreck? Now if he could only be blessed with the tools to provide an adequate standard of living for his family, that would be great.

Edited for riffles

Agree!

Since when does an accordion qualify as a need? :roll:

We praise God that he has provided the funds for this trip this last Sunday. Our God provided the entire cost of both our trips in ONE DAY – without our publishing the need for it.

So, you think God has paypal? Or does he just send a check? Inquiring minds want to know :?

Because of the family contacts of Bro. Leonce we may be granted the opportunity for an audience with the President of Burundi. In preparation for this we have purchased a large leather bound King James Bible with his name embossed on it. Please pray for this meeting.

Wiki informs me that the president of Burundi identifies as a born-again Christian, and 75% of the country is already christian as well. Clearly expensive bibles are exactly what they need.

Dear Shrader: YOU ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING FOR THESE PEOPLE YOU IGNORANT ASSHOLE. Burundi and Zambia are both majority christian already, yet the people there still live in crippling poverty. They are still torn apart by civil war. They still die in huge numbers from HIV/AIDS complications as well as other treatable illnesses because there aren't enough doctors to serve the population. With the amount of money that your brainwashed followers give you, you could do so much for these people, but all you're going to do is parade around and tell them about Jesus :angry-banghead:

Wait... so their ship(?) was running late, and they get the NATIONAL NAVY to extract them off of it so that they won't be late for some meeting?? Seriously? Did they even pay for the speedboat fuel or people's overtime or anything?

How is this sort of thing anything other than an imposition on the people they're visiting?

Edited for riffles

I think that if God is really good, he should hit this guy over the head and tell him to get a job and instead of blessing him with a%$#@ accordion.

That guy is such a loser. I am no fan of Josh or David Waller, but have to say at least Esther's two sisters did better in the husband department. And I still would like to know how Pa Keller feels about this nonsense, but of course, John is sooooo godly doing all this, while his wife toughs it out with 8 kids and no permanent home.

Sooooooo John is off on a mission trip while leaving his wife to take care of their eight children, including a tiny baby (Im sure Sophia is only about 4 months old?) in their pop up camper because they cant afford a house because her selfish dickbag husband wants to go on vacation and does not want to work for it.

I really hope Esther and the children are visiting her family this month. The kids can have some stability and enjoy swimming and playing tennis. Bet Grandma and Grandpa will even let them stay in the house with AC! Wonder if the Shraders house-sit for other fundy families that tour on their "ministries?" It does appear that many of these families are on the road a lot of the time. How can John expect his wife to homeschool the children when he sets her up in a pop-up trailer and knocks her up every year? Surely he wants kids who can read the Bible and the skills to work on swindling people out of their hard earned money to support them!

Edited for riffles

This just tells us that John Schrader must be tight with God... all these musical instruments from heaven. Wish he'd pray for world peace, the end of hunger or something more valuable than a used accordion....

This kind of crap drives me nuts. John's having an accordion is somehow more important in God's Plan than stopping the horrors that are happening at any given time in the world.

I'm hoping that the president is going to say 'thanks for the bible. Now, how many wells are you going to dig and how many clinics are you going to open?'

This just tells us that John Schrader must be tight with God... all these musical instruments from heaven. Wish he'd pray for world peace, the end of hunger or something more valuable than a used accordion....

This kind of crap drives me nuts. John's having an accordion is somehow more important in God's Plan than stopping the horrors that are happening at any given time in the world.

While god was gifting Schrader his accordion, a quarter of a million people in India were being made homeless due to floods. But I guess god was a little busy, acordians aren't that easy to come by I suppose.

I don't agree with many of Pa Keller's ideas but he does have a valid ministry in the prisons. He is actually doing something to try and make some people's lives a little bit better. I really can't imagine what he thinks of John or of Josh, who are all talk but little action.

I hope the people he is ministering to appreciate "lady of Spain". Hopefully his accordion skills are a little better than the Duggar's violin skills.

Question for people who follow John Schrader on Facebook: Do you know if he speaks French or Swahili? Or has learned any other languages? This man annoys me and Facebook makes my eyes cross so I haven't been following the story.

Question for people who follow John Schrader on Facebook: Do you know if he speaks French or Swahili? Or has learned any other languages? This man annoys me and Facebook makes my eyes cross so I haven't been following the story.

I am about 98% sure he doesn't speak any other languages. Of course, he is planning to go to Zambia and the national language is English, but there are quite a few recognized African languages too. I doubt he's given the language barrier much thought. Clearly the Zambians will just have to learn English if they don't already speak it because that is the language that God speaks :roll:

Hey, at least she won't be getting pregnant! Unless his sperm travels long distance!

She's probably knocked up already.

I am about 98% sure he doesn't speak any other languages. Of course, he is planning to go to Zambia and the national language is English, but there are quite a few recognized African languages too. I doubt he's given the language barrier much thought. Clearly the Zambians will just have to learn English if they don't already speak it because that is the language that God speaks :roll:

Why is he in Burundi then? Perhaps Zambia is not working out for him. It looks as though their "mission" is expanding into Burundi, Rwanda and DR Congo. Primary lingua franca in those countries is French. Swahili second in Rwanda and Burundi.

He'll be proselytizing through translators! What a dimwit.

ETA. How can we get a copy of the Poisonwood Bible to Esther? It has the word Bible in the title so she might even read it. :mrgreen:

Look for comments from one of his followers called

Sharon Bailgoat

https://www.facebook.com/sharon.bailgoat

Look for comments from one of his followers called

Sharon Bailgoat

https://www.facebook.com/sharon.bailgoat

Holy crap! :pink-shock: That link should come with a warning. Dogs at the Last Supper and a really scary looking woman making a warding off evil hand sign. What the hell are her comments like? :lol:

I'll log into FB and take a look at the comments later (work calling). Thanks. :)

Holy crap! :pink-shock: That link should come with a warning. Dogs at the Last Supper and a really scary looking woman making a warding off evil hand sign. What the hell are her comments like? :lol:

I'll log into FB and take a look at the comments later (work calling). Thanks. :)

Her quotes are damn subtle....

Why is he in Burundi then? Perhaps Zambia is not working out for him. It looks as though their "mission" is expanding into Burundi, Rwanda and DR Congo. Primary lingua franca in those countries is French. Swahili second in Rwanda and Burundi.

He'll be proselytizing through translators! What a dimwit.

I have no fucking clue why he's in Burundi. He just likes to leave his kids behind and travel to Africa, while acting like he's doing some great service. He hasn't actually been to Zambia for more than a couple weeks at a time. He's in the "deputation" stage, which basically means traveling the country and begging for money for his "missions". They hope to be completely funded and ready to take the kids over there sometime next year :|

Archived