IGNORED

The Truth About Ruth - Part 2 - Merge

happy atheist

This one? I can't make out any family that matches that description:

BYt39cy.png?1

I think the black/white photo one row up from the bottom, and a bit left of center -- I believe the name says [redacted]. It looks to me like a family with mostly adult children, one child about 9ish (lower right) and then it appears Dad is holding an infant.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This

Screams fake.

Agreed. She's computer savvy enough to have a bot that ensures no permanent archive, but she doesn't remove a comment that leads to her super secret family? Riiiight

The [redacted] family website says they have 11 children, and they have a [redacted] and a [redacted]. Could this be the family some identities were stolen from?....

ETA: link removed as it was already posted

Please break that link. I already posted it.

Very interesting info about the names, though.

Didn't Ruth say something at some point about all the children having "R" first names? Not that it matters if it's all fabricated. Just a thought.

ETA: I think someone who knows a lot of details about Ruth's family from her postings should read through the [redacted] website and check for similarities. Like chemist says, some of those details could have been lifted for her story.

I think a lot of information has been taken from the [redacted] family! It pretty much matches RR's description except the dad works for a defense contractor.

I think a lot of information has been taken from the [redacted] family! It pretty much matches RR's description except the dad works for a defense contractor.

Could people maybe start posting some of the similarities here? Maybe using cut-and-pasted snippets from the [redacted] website next to quotes from Ruth's site/posts?

Again, the url is <> for anyone trying to catch up.

ETA: At a glance, the [redacted] say they are based in Chicago. If you look in the family history section, much of their family is from California - <>

She's probably reading this thread, pissing herself laughing, watching us try to fit the pieces together. *shakes fist*

:text-yeahthat:

When did Ruth claim her father died? Because as of June 2013 [redacted] was commenting on this website (unfortunately he is also defending Gothard, ugh):

recoveringgrace.org/2013/06/a-call-to-repentance/

I thought this might be useful to note in case some RR defenders try to claim this is actually her family...

Another reason she did so well is because she was good at appealling to FJ's ego.

I agree completely! It doesn't take much reading around here to see what FJers opinions are and how to pique our interest. I am 100% convinced she's a scam.

Some similarities between R/M and the [redacted]:

Someone noted they have daughters named [redacted] and [redacted], they also have a [redacted].

The father in this family was briefly a math teacher, wasn't "ruth's" mom a math teacher at one point?

When did Ruth claim her father died? Because as of June 2013 [redacted] was commenting on this website (unfortunately he is also defending Gothard, ugh):

recoveringgrace.org/2013/06/a-call-to-repentance/

I thought this might be useful to note in case some RR defenders try to claim this is actually her family...

She blogged about his death on May 9th -

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Death

My father is dead.

razingruth.blogspot.ca/2013/05/death.html

:text-yeahthat:

If she is, it's under a sock. "Razing Ruth" hasn't visited since July 4.

If she is, it's under a sock. "Razing Ruth" hasn't visited since July 4.

Do you have to be signed in to read Snark?

Maybe, just a theory here, she knows the [redacted] family and someone in it pissed her off so she's using them for her story? I gave some thought on the adoption--but put it down to youthful vengeance that the chosen couple was same sex.

I don't know--fake or real--or parts both?

Yes.

Doh, my bad.

So far the similarities between Ruth's story and the [redacted] family seem to be:

[redacted]

Anything else I'm missing? Where's our buddy from yesterday who did the great summary of all the inconsistencies? Oddeverything? I'd love for Oddeverything to take a look at the [redacted] website and tell us what they think.

I happened to Google the name [redacted] and found some interesting results, which includes a social media account that gives "location pegs" for places she's lived in [redacted]. Her photo shows a young woman with a baby and she is listed as being a doula and nanny.

This is all very interesting. I wonder how much is fact and how much is fiction. Some things ring so true, and yet others are just too convenient. How disappointing, for all involved in this mess!

Delurking to chime in and note that if the picture was from "several years ago" back in March 2012, that's sketchy for a baby born in December 2009. Blessing would only be 2 when the comment was made. "Several years ago" is weird wording. Assuming she wasn't one or two days old in the picture, but several months at least, then a picture of Ruth's family with a baby would have had to be under 2 years old, not "several". It's not a "gotcha" moment, but one more thing that doesn't really add up when examined. It's the kind of vaguery that makes one scratch their head but without concrete detail, makes you think maybe it's just you. I think that's one reason this blog was so successful. She claimed to be from a group most people know little about and filled her blog with vagueness in the name of privacy.

I believe that is the [redacted] from the same [redacted] family whose website we are looking at, because their website contains this - [redacted] - which indicates she is a doula.

Looks like the same person has a Twitter account here - [redacted]

asinglevoice, can you provide a link for the Arkansas connection?

It cant be. The 11th baby (girl) was born 13 years after the 10th in Ruths family. In this family, the 11th is a toddler boy, and the 10th looks about 5.

Archived