IGNORED

Wonder what is going on at The Dougie's Conference?

twin2

Middle Ages all Catholic! Papists! Whore of Babylon!!!!!

Since when did Doug ever actually go by real history? His knights and lords will be good Calvinists even if it is the Middle Ages. :snooty:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe something with Sir Walter Raleigh? I can see pirates and swabbing the poop deck in Dougie's future.

Avast, matey! :mrgreen:

I'm thinking something like "How the West Was Won (for White Christians)", or "Taking Dominion Over the Undiscovered Western Territories". Picturesque scenery. Hoop skirts for the defenseless wimmnez. Covered wagons. Leather. Assless chaps. Whips. Manly romps while branding catle, or what/whomever.

Right up Doug Phlllips (who is a tool)'s alley, and no effort whatsoever required to make double entendres. Like this one, for instance.

Doug Phillips is a tool.

I'm thinking something like "How the West Was Won (for White Christians)", or "Taking Dominion Over the Undiscovered Western Territories". Picturesque scenery. Hoop skirts for the defenseless wimmnez. Covered wagons. Leather. Assless chaps. Whips. Manly romps while branding catle, or what/whomever.

Right up Doug Phlllips (who is a tool)'s alley, and no effort whatsoever required to make double entendres. Like this one, for instance.

Doug Phillips is a tool.

Hmmm, perhaps they can cover the Donner Party? Dougie can claim the men had to chivalrously resort to cannibalism so the women and children could eat the remaining food :roll:

I took a cruise through and left a few comments on the pics. Let's see how long it takes the interns to expunge them.

The interns must be back to work and have scrubbed the internetz.

Hi Interns: :greetings-wavingblue: Tell your boss Ms. Nellie says thanks for the lulz, look forward to the Greece Toga Party this fall!

ETA -- our Dougie paper doll will definitely need a chauffeur outfit now.

Yes He Must! With a smashing hat. He must have a smashing chauffeur's hat!

Yes He Must! With a smashing hat. He must have a smashing chauffeur's hat!

And goggles -- a 1920s chauffeur outfit.

What are they going to do next? They've done the American Civil War, the Titanic, the manly romp to the freezing north, that whole Scotland debacle......you know they are going to do the Spanish-American War next, if only so Dougie and the interns can go around calling themselves "Rough Riders".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My idea: A revisionist version of the Russian Revolution. Dougie and fam can dress up as the Romanovs and defeat the Bolsheviks. He has enough daughters right? If not I'm sure Joshua Titus, clean-shaven and bewigged, would make a fetching Anastasia.

(I know, I know, the Romanovs are totally the wrong kind of Christian.)

Heads up! The Hazardous Journey Society has invaded Alaska. My sympathies to the residents of the 49th state.

Let the snarking begin!

facebook.com/hazardousjourneys

(can't seem to embed photos at the moment--not enough coffee?)

Oh, and Doug Phillips is a tool.

I"m going to go out on a limb here and predict that we'll soon be hearing about a JT/Ellen Vernier courtship. They're standing awfully close together in so many of those pictures. They both seem to be getting actively groomed to take a more visible role in the VF universe. It seems to be an appropriate match on a financial/social clout level too. Just a hunch. I have no inside info to impart, sorry.

I"m going to go out on a limb here and predict that we'll soon be hearing about a JT/Ellen Vernier courtship. They're standing awfully close together in so many of those pictures. They both seem to be getting actively groomed to take a more visible role in the VF universe. It seems to be an appropriate match on a financial/social clout level too. Just a hunch. I have no inside info to impart, sorry.

Hmm, you might be right. I always kind of had a crazy idea that they might push him and Elizabeth Botkin into a marriage when he got old enough. They do seem fixated on younger "man"/older woman pairings...

Have they done the Middle Ages? They could dress up as Lords and Ladies(Never peasants. Perish the thought!) The idea of a feudal society where Doug is the lord and master with obedient serfs would probably appeal to his toolship. Plus, there are the costumes and he could convince the interns to play with swords.

Oh please NO. They might crash a local SCA event with cameras and tracts, and we're too polite to tell them to go ride their own petards out of there!

OTOH, maybe they could be faced with a same-sex couple presiding at Court. Oh, that would be priceless!

Heads up! The Hazardous Journey Society has invaded Alaska. My sympathies to the residents of the 49th state.

Let the snarking begin!

facebook.com/hazardousjourneys

(can't seem to embed photos at the moment--not enough coffee?)

Oh, and Doug Phillips is a tool.

We had a thread about this a while ago. Nutshell: The lodge appears to specialize in business junkets and nearly all of the extreme manly-man activities promised are straight out of the brochure and available to anyone who can pay, grandmas included. The one exception is a promised overnight dropoff by plane, apparently without the lodge's guides. I'm not sure how Doug Phillips is a Tool talked them into that, but I suspect that they need the money badly. Googling the co-owner's name turns up a case of severe negligence leading to a plane crash, disabling injuries, and a death. Also, the lodge was founded by a husband-and-wife team, she's in the brochure dressed for the outdoors (in pants!!!) and her maiden name forms part of the company name. But the way Phillips's interns write it, he owns and runs the place and she just lives there.

I don't know if anyone mentioned the 6 part article on the homeschoolers anonymous website that is a summary of the speakers at the conference, really shows the mindset of these people, unbelievable!!

It's written by someone who went to the conference and disagrees with their way of thinking.

//homeschoolersanonymous.wordpress.com/2013/07/10/rewriting-history-the-history-of-america-mega-conference-part-one-first-impressions/

Can't wait to read through this thread here!

Currently they're running commercials on the Hallmark channel for a new series call "Cedar Cove". The male lead in the series is an actor called Dylan Neal who looks so much that smug douche Dougie, poor guy (the actor Neal, I mean).

Archived