IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures in Child Neglect: Now with Rats!

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes I really do believe at some point she'll abandon her girls for something better.

From your keyboard to Gods ears. Those kids are truly better off without her. May they end up in a home where they are loved, cared for, and educated.

You have to wonder if maybe she's thinking "I could run off to Europe on a whim all the time if I never had children".

Yep. She says this pretty explicitly on her blog in a couple different places (not specifically about Europe, but about the freedom in general she would have w/o kids).

Of course she always caveats it with how thrilled she is to sacrifice that freedom for the kids -- I think Annasopinion's interpretation is right on the money, about Lauren seeing her whole life as an opportunity to show how pious she is, within the rules of whatever game she's chosen to play.

At first it came across to me as honest, I mean what parent hasn't occasionally fantasized about how much adult freedom they would have if they didn't have kids, but the repetitiveness of the comment, together with her other behaviors, soon lost that impression and became much more clearly a game she's playing.

Archived