IGNORED

Recovering grace cards left at ATI and John Duggar

fundiefun

For those on the recovering grace facebook a user posted about being caught leaving recovering grace cards at ATI and discussed it with John Duggar and another guy so now at least one Duggar knows there is a way out. The question though is if they will ever take the chance now that they know.

So... Someone must have seen me drop a card somewhere this afternoon.. Why you ask? Well because they ratted me out and I got the chance to meet John Duggar and another guy and they proceeded to ask me about what and why I was doing leaving RG cards around the conference. At first I played a little dumb about it.. But then I thought.. What the heck. I'll just engage them a bit. So I talked to these guys and then David Waller? came up and I talked to him.. I told them some of my reasons for the cards. Then I shifted the convo a bit. Then David took me over to talk to Mr Mattix.. Talked to him a while about Russia and all that.. Things were actually going quite well. I should have known better. One of the minions ran and got BG. So he comes over and we sit down at a table and continue our friendly talk about Russia and my job and other non threatening subjects.

Then BG says.. So how was your childhood? And I'm thinking... Huh? So I say.. Oh it was good. Pretty normal. Ups and downs. About like any other. Then he started asking about the RG cards. Ha!

I have to say when all this started I was quite nervous. But when I was talking to BG I was as clear minded and confident as I could be! It was great! I avoided getting into a war of scripture.. Cause I knew he would win that seeing I was Ill prepared. But I was very frank with him. I kept it to general things. I talked about extreme parents and how his teaching is used against children in damaging ways. That he needs to STRESS that what may be for him may not be for everyone. I gave him examples of several things we discussed so he would know EXACTLY what I was saying. Our talk encompassed many other topics.. Nothing super deep. But I didn't give in to him. I looked him in the eye the whole time. Ha! All that rock music must have been so visible to him. ;)

ANYWAYS.. There was a moment when he tried to kinda guilt me a bit.. He talked about when he gave me money as a gift for serving at the mtc. And his point was kinda.. I did this and you come here and do this to me? I acknowledged that I remembered his gifts. But I just let his comment go and I moved on. Well he said that he felt like he owed me more for all the service I had done for the ministry.. I was hoping he'd give me more money. ;) I totally would have taken it too! ;) but he said why don't we go over to the book tables and I'll give you a few books. Oh goodie. More useless paper.

So we walk over and he kept talking about things going on in ati.. I think he was going to offer me a job with some new thing he has going. But he got distracted. Lol!

He ended up giving me 3 personally inscribed copies of his books. I'm pretty sure two of them are very recent.. So... RG people.. I have things for you if you want them. ;)

In all we talked for about an hour and a half or so. I also gave Mr Mattix my thoughts on other things..

All in all it turned out to be a productive day. I did see two rebel looking guys with RG cards.. Maybe they'll find something there.

Despite all going as well as it did.. It was 1 on 3. So needless to say.. I'm slightly worn out.

I simply don't have the nerve to attempt such things...but would definitely go "undercover" if the Maxwells came to Charlotte or Raleigh. It's worth the gas to see these people in person!

That is amazing! Please please please take the card JD, and show it to your sisters as well! Hopefully it will leave an impression on them, especially because Recovering Grace is aimed at Christians and shows what is wrong with Gothards use of Bible quotes to excuse all the silly little rules and treating kids like crap.

I imagine Gothard is pretty freaked out about the idea of someone spreading links to Recovering Grace to his followers, as that was the site that talked about his fondness for touching teenage interns.

This post has made me happy. I hope JD and the other older Duggars will take the opportunity to look at Recovering Grace vs. Gothardism.

I think someone would need extensive training to go undercover at one of these things. I know I would stand out like a sore thumb.

Did John Duggar at at all receptive toward the cards? Do you think that he will look at them? I find this fascinating and would like to congratulate you on having way more courage than I do. :worship:

I did this and you come here and do this to me?

Anyone else think this makes him sound like the Godfather?

Im convinced Gothard is some kind of sociopath. He is really manipulative and creepy, and I shudder every time I see a picture of him.

Did anyone make the op an offer that he/she couldn't refuse?

Wow, thanks for sharing. Opening up the dialog and doing it with as much dignity and respect as you can muster is going to help a lot of people who are in the ATI bubble. Many of them probably find the idea of moving beyond BG and ATI intimidating, and overwhelming.

They need help and RG is working hard to share those stories and be part of a solution. Hats off to the brave soul who handed out those cards... it is hard to speak the truth and keep it calm in the face of all that pressure.

kgIDWWQ.jpg

Good work, fundiefun. I would never have the patience, let alone the courage.

Since Boob reads this forum, I hope he doesn't start badgering JD about the cards and confiscates them.

The way I read it was not that Fundiefun did this but that someone on thr Recovering Grace FB page did this and FF Was only sharing it here

Quick, JD, go hide them somewhere your dad would never find them. Basically, anywhere in the house other than the fridge and Michelle's vagina.

It sounds like JD and Waller were acting as "security" and got the RG "infiltrator" to Gothard ASAP. Waller works directly with Gothard and apparently makes quite a decent living for such a little shit. JD's the "muscle," but I have no doubt that the oldest Duggar kids are pretty deep into the cask of Kool Aid. Don't forget, he's run for office (something we know Gothard encourages to get his word out there), has been photographed with a small arsenal. He's given absolutely no indication that he'd respond to any form of Christianity other than what he cut his teeth on.

Fuck you, Gothard.

Yeah, JD is not one of them who I would have expected to try and get out. Someone needs to get cards like that and find some way to smuggle them to the less happy Duggar kids at some kind of event-just make sure they are alone or at least with another sibling who also seems unhappy with it and not the kind to tell on them.

Yeah, JD is not one of them who I would have expected to try and get out. Someone needs to get cards like that and find some way to smuggle them to the less happy Duggar kids at some kind of event-just make sure they are alone or at least with another sibling who also seems unhappy with it and not the kind to tell on them.

JD doesn't publicly make an ass of himself like Josh does, but I still consider him the least likely to spit out the kool aid. Gothardism rewards men for being men even more than mainstream society does. He's got plenty of incentive to stay and not much incentive to leave.

Archived