IGNORED

Duggars last will and testament

SPHASH

I imagine Boob and Mullet have a last will and testament. Do you think they will divy up their estate (assuming they have one by the time they die, the TLC Gravy train will crash sooner or later) according to the bible (Deuteronomy 21:15–17) or what an estate attorney advises? I say the former.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, essentially, do I think they'll will all their money to Josh? Unlikely. If they're trusting any one kid with it, it'll be JD.

I think Jim Bob will leave everything to Michelle, and vice versa. If anything goes to the kids, I can see it being with strings attached only. I also think they will leave a big chunk to their master and commander their savior their cult leader Bill Gothard, or to his successor, provided there is one.

To answer the question, Jim Bob is way too calculating to not follow an estate planner's advice. If there is a tax loophole, for instance, he'll use it, even if Gothard the Bible says otherwise.

I think Jim Bob will leave everything to Michelle, and vice versa. If anything goes to the kids, I can see it being with strings attached only. I also think they will leave a big chunk to their master and commander their savior their cult leader Bill Gothard, or to his successor, provided there is one.

To answer the question, Jim Bob is way too calculating to not follow an estate planner's advice. If there is a tax loophole, for instance, he'll use it, even if Gothard the Bible says otherwise.

I also think that Jim Bob will consult an estate planner. If both he and Michelle are gone, I believe that he will divvy up his estate among his sons, but will not necessarily distribute it equally. He seems to resent Josiah and has treated the boy badly on the show in the past.

I don't believe Jim Bob will leave his daughters anything. I think he will amend his will to insist that his surviving sons use their shares of the money to help support their sisters. Because obviously, the girls won't need an inheritance since their future husbands or headship proxies (brothers) will be obliged to support them, and they won't ever need any resources of their own. :roll:

And finally, because I've personally seen this happen way too often, I forsee that most if not all of the Duggar brothers will skip out on their financial obligations to their sisters, leaving them high and dry. When there is money at stake, familial bonds almost always take a backseat to greed.

Inheritances seem to bring out the worst in people. I think JB and J'Chelle will leave their money to the sons, request the sons take care of the j'daughters, and the sons will end up doing the opposite.

Agree he would leave everything to Michelle. The kids probably wouldn't inherit until after her death but agree there would be strings attached especially if any of them show serious signs of falling away by that time. I wouldn't be surprised if he used his money to bring them back into line.

I believe most of the family's assets are held in trust. As controlling as Jim Bob and Mullet are, I imagine that everything would go to the survivor and at his/her death, the assets would be managed by a trustee. (Not sure who they trust enough for this job, but I seriously doubt it would be Joshua, even though he is the eldest child). From what I've seen of these parents, there is no way they would give their kids anything outright. It's much easier to control them or keep them in line by controlling the purse strings.

I also think that Jim Bob will consult an estate planner. If both he and Michelle are gone, I believe that he will divvy up his estate among his sons, but will not necessarily distribute it equally. He seems to resent Josiah and has treated the boy badly on the show in the past.

I don't believe Jim Bob will leave his daughters anything. I think he will amend his will to insist that his surviving sons use their shares of the money to help support their sisters. Because obviously, the girls won't need an inheritance since their future husbands or headship proxies (brothers) will be obliged to support them, and they won't ever need any resources of their own. :roll:

And finally, because I've personally seen this happen way too often, I forsee that most if not all of the Duggar brothers will skip out on their financial obligations to their sisters, leaving them high and dry. When there is money at stake, familial bonds almost always take a backseat to greed.

This is what I think will happen. They will take advantage of every tax loophole, hell they might even have money stashed in the Cayman Islands, then after they are gone divide it up like it says in Deuteronomy...Josh gets 50 percent, the other 50 percent divided equally between the other 9 boys, and the girls are SOL.

This is what I think will happen. They will take advantage of every tax loophole, hell they might even have money stashed in the Cayman Islands, then after they are gone divide it up like it says in Deuteronomy...Josh gets 50 percent, the other 50 percent divided equally between the other 9 boys, and the girls are SOL.

I'm glad you explained how the Bible recommends how to distribute the inheritance. I, um, don't really read the bible...

Now I wonder if Josh will inherit the house or if it would be sold and the proceeds divided among the other (male) kids.

Do you think the boys will each take on a sister to act as their own personal slave after that?

What if Boobs mother survives him? That could be interesting.

They aren't complete idiots about finances. They'll get estate and tax advice and likely have a trust. Quite frankly, they'd have to, since many of the kids are still under 18. The trust would likely continue for as long as possible, to provide basic support and keep assets like the house intact, so an older child wouldn't be able to see the house and other assets sold and simply get their 1/19th share and leave. An outside trustee could be given the discretion to decide how the money from the trust would be used, and if you use the right wording, it could be very difficult for any individual child to challenge that in court.

Come on, do you all think this badly of the Duggar boys? I can see it with Josh if no one (Anna) convinces him otherwise, but JD, Joseph and Josiah? They all seem like decent guys at heart, I don't think they have much of Boob's greedy personality.

I believe most of the family's assets are held in trust. As controlling as Jim Bob and Mullet are, I imagine that everything would go to the survivor and at his/her death, the assets would be managed by a trustee. (Not sure who they trust enough for this job, but I seriously doubt it would be Joshua, even though he is the eldest child). From what I've seen of these parents, there is no way they would give their kids anything outright. It's much easier to control them or keep them in line by controlling the purse strings.

This

I think boob and Michelle have very little funds and assets themselves. The rest is in the trust, including real estate. Their deaths would be irrelevant, except that smuggles would likely want to control it to open an empire of corn dog establishments.

I think this is actually pretty likely.

Maybe another reason why they break up close relationships between opposite-sex siblings.

18 year old Hannie to 19 year old Jackson - "Give me your money. NOW." Jackson either signs it over or at most tries to work a deal with her.

Come on, do you all think this badly of the Duggar boys? I can see it with Josh if no one (Anna) convinces him otherwise, but JD, Joseph and Josiah? They all seem like decent guys at heart, I don't think they have much of Boob's greedy personality.

They've been raised to believe they are superior to women, including and especially their own sisters, older or younger. They may not be as greedy as Jim Bob or Smuggar, but I doubt the boys would view their sisters as deserving of an estate share.

I totally agree with you on that part.

They've been raised to believe they are superior to women, including and especially their own sisters, older or younger. They may not be as greedy as Jim Bob or Smuggar, but I doubt the boys would view their sisters as deserving of an estate share.

Yes, they are being raised as misogynists who see women as inferior beings, and the only way one of them changes will be if finds himself a normal woman who straightens him out. But it's a bit of a vicious cycle. Most normal women try to avoid marrying entitled sexist assholes, so the odds of any son finding that normal woman are pretty low.

At the present time, I have no hope for any of the Duggar sons.

Yes, they are being raised as misogynists who see women as inferior beings, and the only way one of them changes will be if finds himself a normal woman who straightens him out. But it's a bit of a vicious cycle. Most normal women try to avoid marrying entitled sexist assholes, so the odds of any son finding that normal woman are pretty low.

At the present time, I have no hope for any of the Duggar sons.

But they also have been raised to believe their primary role is to provide for a nd protect the women in their lives. They may not give the daughters a large sum of money outright, but I'm sure they would make sure their living expenses were covered or supplemented if needed.

I'm more curious as to how they have set up guardianship of any minor children if they were both to die. Would the little ones go with their buddies ? Would Josh and Anna be expected to care for all of them? Or would they have them all just stay on at the house as is until they are grown?

I hope they have one, and did not make Smugger the beneficiary. He'd keep all of the money for himself. I also hope that they do have a plan for the little ones, if God forbid, Boob or Mullet die. If Mullet dies first, I'm sure Boob will remarry right away, and have more kids with his much younger wife.

I wonder if the girls will rebel and be normal when J'Chelle and Boob die. I can see some of them doing that.

I think the boys would take care of their sisters and help them marry ASAP.

I just shuddered imagining the thought of one of my brothers "helping me marry".

Who will teach the boys about their wedding night using legos? I bet the boys would think that they can marry one of their sisters and that be normal. These people don't know anything about what's right.

You're right of course, I'm just sceptical about how much they have really internalized this. They are forced to agree with Boob and Mullet on everything of course, but just like Jessa and Jinger are not the "keep sweet" type, I don't see the guys as particularly misogynistic patriarchs (Josh excluded, and even he seems milder, if an asshole). That's entirely Boobs and Mullets idea and they only use fear and isolation to hammer it home. Honestly, I don't think it will work. In the end, some of them won't stand for it.

But they also have been raised to believe their primary role is to provide for a nd protect the women in their lives. They may not give the daughters a large sum of money outright, but I'm sure they would make sure their living expenses were covered or supplemented if needed.

I'm more curious as to how they have set up guardianship of any minor children if they were both to die. Would the little ones go with their buddies ? Would Josh and Anna be expected to care for all of them? Or would they have them all just stay on at the house as is until they are grown?

I agree, the girls will get an inheritance. I can't see Jimbob and Michelle leaving their daughters with nothing.

Archived