IGNORED

Family Research Council To Hold 'Ex-Gay Pride Month' Dinner

They love to brag about how they are changed and that would lead to discrimination. The whole thing is so stupid and so pathetic when they do the very thing they fight against. Guess the world was not stupid enough to fall for it.

Um, OK. Let's say a guy becomes ex-gay. That makes him straight. That makes him NO LONGER part of a group that faces discrimination. But they're saying that ex-gays face discrimination because *head explodes*

Um, OK. Let's say a guy becomes ex-gay. That makes him straight. That makes him NO LONGER part of a group that faces discrimination. But they're saying that ex-gays face discrimination because *head explodes*

Yeah, I really don't see how they get around this.

I think ex-gay people are just gay people pretending to be something they aren't. If their pretending skills aren't very good (say no better than Liberace's were) then I can see the possibility of them facing discrimination in their lives.

But these whack jobs believe people choose to be gay and some change their minds and choose to be straight. So once they're straight, how can discrimination come into play?

Since this was concocted by FRC Action and FRC Action only has 2 or 3 employees aside from Josh, I really do wonder if this was his baby. He's not exactly known for having clear thoughts.

***Edited to add that I snagged this comment from a blog because it makes sense:

"Reasonable people need to question whether this was ever anything more than a poorly executed pipe dream.

Publicity included that the gala dinner would happen at the FRC, never clearly stating that FRC was sponsoring or promoting. No FRC logos were used, no FRC staffers were included among speakers. I couldn’t find any overlap, even between FRC leaders or staff and the VOV’s list of founders and leaders.

I spent an hour a few days ago looking for any signs that FRC was mentioning the ex-gay month or the “gala†dinner, and found nothing at the FRC site, nothing anywhere else that tied Tony Perkins with any of it.

It strikes me as possible that Doyle and others at VOV may have gotten some conditional, preliminary affirmation from a lower-level FRC staffer and run with it. When it got none of its hoped-for speakers and nobody changing summer vacation plans to buy plane tickets to DC, the conditional support evaporated and the “scary†excuses were made."

Perhaps our own dear Smugs?

You guys are missing the special snowflake issue. They are gay people choosing to live a straight life So it makes them a special snowflake and all that. So gay people hate them for doing it so They need protection against homicidal gay people And of course need be told how special they are for doing and sacrificing For the greater good of Jesus Christ.

The whole thing is to show how special and how much sacrifice these idiots think they deserve to go against their non christian wants and lead a good god honoring fake life. cause god is too stupid to see through the charade.

I only noticed today that the FRC is located across the street from one of the Smithsonian Museums--the National Museum of American Art-- http://americanart.si.edu/ (which is attached to the National Portrait Gallery as well):

http://www.frc.org/directions-to-frc

[the museum has free admission, too!]

How sad that Smugs will probably never stroll over there to see it. Lets hope J'Slaves come to visit and discover its there.

• 2 weeks later...

So a handful of "ex gay" activists are holding a rally outside of SCOTUS. Reportedly, one of the speakers at rally said "I thought I was safe in Cheyenne, WY , but there are gay activists there!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So basically, we've just been really marginalized by the LGBT activist groups because they're threatened we are seeking a different path.

No. By and large, they feel sorry for those who are pressured into "gay conversion therapy" and other such bullshit, while possibly despising those who promote homophobia. They possibly do feel threatened in that this is part of larger societal homophobia that causes real problems in their lives, from depriving them of marriage rights to making them the victims of hate crimes.

Wanna bet that he's never met any LGBT activists, and the only other LGBT people he's ever met are similar "ex-gays"?

Right Wing Says Thousands Expected At ‘Ex-Gay Lobby Day On Capitol Hill;’ Less Than Ten Arrived :dance:

addictinginfo.org/2013/08/01/guess-how-many-turned-out-for-ex-gay-lobby-day-on-capitol-hill/#ixzz2akmo7E5r

Archived