IGNORED

Under the Dome

Lillybee

Yes! I read the book about two years ago & was really interested. I wanted to reread it, but I think we gave it away. DH & I keep talking about how different the series is from the book, but I am having a hard time remembering the details in the book. Is this just supposed to last through the summer & be like 6-8 weeks or so?

I haven't read the book, but watched the first episode last week. It seems pretty good so far, and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Kudos for featuring a mixed-race lesbian couple. Suck it, Ten Thousand Moms! :nenner:

I just started watching it. I really hate the one guy who will always be Frank Lapidus to me had his heart explode on the first episode. I really like him as an actor. I don't really see how this could go on long term. I think it will be better as a mini-series. And it doesn't make sense to me that water could get through and not sound.

I like it so far. I believe Stephen King wrote the screenplay, so that should make it better.

Historically, doing a mini-series from a King book works much better than doing a 2 hour movie. "The Stand" was one of the best mini-series out there.

Kind-of fun to see Hank Schrader breaking bad.

I've been watching this. I haven't read the book, now I desperately want to, but I'm afraid it's going to spoil the show for me. (I can't believe I'm saying this as I'm usually a book purist!)

I don't like how they treat the teens. I don't find the reactions realistic at all. Not all teens are obsessed with texting and having parties, especially around a disaster like this.

I really liked it when it was the Simpsons movie. :shhh:

That's the first thing I thought of too! My kids are big Simpsons fans, and the movie is actually pretty funny. Spider Pig, Spider Pig, does whatever a Spider Pig does . . .

I've been watching this. I haven't read the book, now I desperately want to, but I'm afraid it's going to spoil the show for me. (I can't believe I'm saying this as I'm usually a book purist!)

I'm the same way. In fact, this is one of the few cases where I am watching the movie/tv adaptation before reading the book.

I don't like how they treat the teens. I don't find the reactions realistic at all. Not all teens are obsessed with texting and having parties, especially around a disaster like this.

I completely agree. That whole scene on the last episode was over-the-top stereotypical ridiculousness.

This town is made up of possibly the stupidest humans ever. I was rather hoping most of them would get killed off with the sudden sickness and the main characters would be faced with having to choose who would live and who would die. They would then have to live with the guilt of having to do that and there would be some depth to this show. But no, they magically had enough medicine for everyone. They should have raided the pharmacy for gloves while they were at it.

The only character I like is Angie who is locked in the dungeon and is probably going to stay there because Big Jim is so not letting her out so she can tell the world that he raised a psycho.

I have been enjoying this show. I watched the first four episodes in a row and liked them. I hope Angela gets out of the fall out shelter because she is a great actress and is like to see her interact with others. Has anyone else wondered why her brother is not worried about her? He hasn't even mentioned her.

I have been enjoying this show. I watched the first four episodes in a row and liked them. I hope Angela gets out of the fall out shelter because she is a great actress and is like to see her interact with others. Has anyone else wondered why her brother is not worried about her? He hasn't even mentioned her.

He finally asked about her in this last episode, and (of course) Junior said he hadn't seen her.

• 3 weeks later...

I stopped watching in the middle of last week's episode. It had such good potential, I just can't bring myself to like any of the characters.

Archived