IGNORED

Busy, Busy Lydia

danvillebelle

Help me out here, Lady Lydia.

You live in a tiny house with no one but your husband. You have no job nor any commitments outside the home. Yet, you are so busy with "regular housekeeping" that you haven't unpacked your suitcases from Australia after being home for two weeks. Please tell me, what regular housekeeping entails that you can't spend 5 minutes to unpack a suitcase? Does your husband come in and fling mud around the place a few times a day? You have a pot-bellied pig who isn't housetrained? Too much fabric to shred and drape around every object that stands still for 5 seconds?

But you do have time to take (bad) photos of cherries, apples, wrinkled fabric tossed over your fence, and your cement block house that is in bad need of a paint job.

"In spite of the demands on my time, I began a sketch of the apple and went to the grocery store." HOLY CRAP! You're a pink whirlwind of productivity! Clue from the clue basket: if the grocery store is one of your "social centers", you need to get out more. A lot more. :cray-cray:

There is something wrong with her. It doesn't take any time to unpack.

I'm not bragging too much on myself but.... :lol: My husband is ex military. Whenever we moved to a new location, we unpacked our home before the first week was done. This was despite the fact that we had four kids, one with ADHD.

There is a difference between laziness and being too busy. You know what? There is nothing wrong with being lazy. Sometimes I will get really lazy and not do what I planned but I know it is my own fault. Of course, I don't have to pretend that I am super busy all the time either. I can also say to my husband, "Hey, I'm feeling lazy. Can you unpack this time?"

I've left suitcases unpacked for a week or more. What can I say, I'm super lazy with housekeeping stuff. :lol: But I also have a job, and I'm not on the Internet pretending to be a paragon of housewifery.

Yeah, I'd like a blow-by-blow on how the regular housekeeping has overwhelmed her so much that she can't unpack a suitcase or two. We unpack as soon as we get home, and then it's not a task left undone-- surely procrastination is a sin? Does she not get a twinge of guilt when typing up a blog post, knowing essential tasks are left unfinished? Surely she's preached this from her internet pulpit before?

It's been said many times, but this is not a sane person.

How about instead of snapping useless photos for a useless blog, she use that time to unpack? Lazy Lydia, we see right through you.

In a way, I feel sorry for her. She seems to have some kind of depression issue and being so isolated can't help.

I've noticed that she and Jennie Chancey don't seem to be besties on LAF anymore(I haven't seen Lydia there in ages), so she's even losing some of her fundie social outlets.

Ugh--I unpack right away. Or, at the very least, I open up my bag and pull out all the dirty laundry so it doesn't sit in there, marinating. I usually have a load of laundry running within half an hour of arriving home, even if I wait until the next day to finish unpacking. And I suck as a housekeeper.

Maybe Lydia's depressed at having to come back to her normal life. If she unpacked the suitcases, it would be like finally admitting the trip is over, so in the meantime she's farting around with nonessential tasks that help her feel a little better.

In a way, I feel sorry for her. She seems to have some kind of depression issue and being so isolated can't help.

I've noticed that she and Jennie Chancey don't seem to be besties on LAF anymore(I haven't seen Lydia there in ages), so she's even losing some of her fundie social outlets.

I'm no big fan of Jennie, but compared to Lydia, she's superwoman.

Lydia's kids have been married and out of the house for 10+ years, and she still can't manage to find time to do anything but play tea party and shred cheap polar fleece.

I don't have any beef with homemakers - I am one and have been for a really long time. What irks me about Lydia is that it's all about her. Unless she has some secret life she's never posted about, she's supposedly a Christian who seemingly never lifts a finger to help anyone outside her own home or family. Inviting other crazy ladies over to make kindergarten paper glitter crafts is not "ministry", no matter how badly she might want it to be.

I also have no beef with small homes (I live in an apt.), but again, she posts as if she lives in some 7,000 sq. ft. three-story Victorian that she has to keep clean and decorate.

I feel sorry for her also (to a degree). She is obviously trying very hard to not feel bored, or maybe even depressed. I find it very hard to believe she feels as fulfilled as she would like her readers to believe. I'm curious whether she has a propensity for depression or if the fundie lifestyle made her this way.

I've left suitcases unpacked for a week or more. What can I say, I'm super lazy with housekeeping stuff. :lol: But I also have a job, and I'm not on the Internet pretending to be a paragon of housewifery.

LOL me too. I still haven't fully unpacked from my trip last December. Hey, it's not summer weather yet, so I don't need the stuff that's in there...

But yeah, I ADMIT that I am super lazy. And I'm actually busy with a 12-hour a day job.

A bit off topic, but oh my goodness! I just looked at her blog for the first time in years (since the outdoor sheet tent in a tree) and...what kind of HoH allows his house trim to be painted pink??? I'm hoping that the picture is another one that she has borrowed from the net, but I don't get that vibe.

I love me some pink, and my HoH likes to see me happy...but even he would draw the line! It is hard to remember that she is a GROWN woman and not some little girl with a dollhouse.

That poor, sad house and her poor sad life....

Question?

Why can she not get double-cream?

In my experience, it isn't very popular in the states. I live in a diverse major city and have only found it after a good hunt. I'm sure she can find it online, though.

DH and I just returned from 16 days (multiple towns in CA and TX) work trip. We got back from the airport to our home at 6:30 and by 6:40 the first load of laundry was in the washer and the rest of the travel clothing was sorted into a couple more loads to do. The luggage was carried upstairs that night, and what we remove between trips is out and were it goes. We do keep quite a few travel items in the suitcases, because we travel at least once a month, but by our definition they were unpacked by the night after we got home.

Question?

Why can she not get double-cream?

I had never even heard of it till she brought it up. It just isn't something that is sold here. Not sure why.

I had never even heard of it till she brought it up. It just isn't something that is sold here. Not sure why.

You can order it on Amazon. It's pricey (19.99 for two or three jars) but still, it's there if one wants it.

You can order it on Amazon. It's pricey (19.99 for two or three jars) but still, it's there if one wants it.

:shock: It's only £1.52 here for 600ml. It's on every dairy aisle. Single cream, double cream, whipping cream, extra thick double cream, clotted cream, all the organic versions and all the half fat varieties.

Fresh strawberries with Jersey double cream. I'm sending you all some. :cry:

Question?

Why can she not get double-cream?[/quote

I can get double cream here but it is crazy expensive about seven dollars for 160 grams.

Got back from a trip less than an hour ago. First load of laundry is washed, ready to be put in the dryer, with three more to follow. Not that I'm doing it right, but it's hardly a difficult or time consuming task.

Does anyone remember the episode of Everybody Loves Raymond where Ray and Deborah had a fight about who unpacked the suitcase. The unpacked case sat on the landing for weeks! Somebody just unpack the damn valise! It does't take that long!

I'm unpacked from the trip that I returned from last Sunday, but the empty suitcase is still sitting in the corner of the bedroom: which way does that count? In my defense, the suitcase needs to go into the basement (unfinished, accessed only through a padlocked storm door), and I'm too lazy to wrestle it down there. It'll probably get done tomorrow afternoon.

Archived