IGNORED

Whiner lady educates you on FOOD and GUNS! Revelation.

OkToBeTakei

zachsgang.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/a-new-nongmo-way-of-life.html

Apparently she has had a ton of e-mails about her new diet. from Wendy's to this in 6 weeks. Expert.

There is seriously too much stupid for me to comment. But as a taster..

That brings me to more revelations. Through our continued research, we have learned more scary information than I could have ever imagined! For those of you buying "low-fat" or "non-fat" items to try to avoid calories, beware! The process used to make these things lower in fat is actually detrimental to your health! I'm not going to get into all the details here, but please DO YOUR RESEARCH!

Another scary thing to watch out for is called carrageenan. It's likely in the milk that you drink and the yogurt that you eat and maybe even some of your cheese....basically, your dairy products. Check out the link and decide for yourself if it's worth the risk!

And I just learned to day about yet another additive to watch out for... nitrites. You'll find them in things like hot dogs and bacon and most cured meats....added as a preservative.

I've always known that American cheese was bad, but with 8 children, it just wasn't something I was willing to give up....until now. The desire to eat real food is winning this war ;)

The bottom line is simply this: eat REAL food.

Even if you can't grow your own food or milk your own goats or harvest your own eggs (did I mention we're getting chickens too?!), you can still make better choices! Don't eat margarine....eat butter. Don't drink skim milk....drink whole milk! Just be sure it's free of rBGH.

There you go REVELATIONS.

I urge you all to read this for the sheer fuckwittery.

Has this woman been living under a rock for the last 10 years?

GM food is illegal still in Europe btw. For the moment.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carrageenan is a sea moss. What does her link think it is? Concentrated atheist rage?

Also, skim milk is defatted mechanically, not with OO SCARY chemicals.

Why, exactly, does the fact she lives in California prevent her from making her own sodas and lemonade?? :think:

Milk separates naturally and the fat can be "skimmed" off....where the name came for skim milk. Only homogenized milk stays that creamy texture.

Why do you even need to "research" to know American cheese is horrid? My children ( 6 and 2, admitted cheese snobs) won't even touch it. It is made from OIL. The package calls it "processed cheese food". She is such an idiot I cannot even go back to that blog just now. I just wanted to track her down and punch her last time I ventured over there.

What kind of bullshit milk has carageenan in it?

Next week's revelatory posts:

milk: you'll never guess where it comes from!

yeast: not just for your vagina

lamb: not vegan

Oh for the love of the baby Jesus, she is becoming a raw milk evangelist.

She is singing the praises of organic soda. Now, I love my soda so I do not judge. But I could not tell anyone that organic soda is a step up the nutritional food chain with a straight face. It's sugar and bubbles. Sugar and bubbles, people!

She has photo upon photo of organic processed food. Organic cocoa puffs are still cocoa puffs. And FFS, you have eight kids. You do not buy steel cut oats in individual serving containers. You buy them in bulk.

Can't wait for more of these "back to the land" nuggets.

Most commercial non-dairy milks do, which is a drag for people (like me) who aren't supposed to have carrageenan or dairy because of inflammatory issues.

But dairy milk from the store? Nah.

Most commercial non-dairy milks do, which is a drag for people (like me) who aren't supposed to have carrageenan or dairy because of inflammatory issues.

Would non-dairy milk be soy milk, and almond milk, that kind of thing? Or something else, like non-dairy creamer or something?

I love this:

I'm literally feeding an army!

Er, no you aren't, unless the definition of "army" has changed radically from the last time I looked at it.

And honestly, don't be daft. If you're broke then buying butter and whole milk and avoiding nasty additives isn't happening. I haven't got six acres, I have a small green patch shared with everyone in the tenements surrounding it. They might complain if I tethered a goat there :lol:

OMG, she got goats! This is going to be awesome! :lol: Back to reading more of the secret diet.

And she is going to get chickens!!! I think this is going to end up like Miss Raquel's horse and she will get bored, realize it is a lot of work and give those animals away within a year.

And I just learned to day about yet another additive to watch out for... nitrites. You'll find them in things like hot dogs and bacon and most cured meats....added as a preservative.

Nitrates, she says? Surely not the same nitrates we learned about in fourth grade science class back in, oh, 1975?

Honestly. Where did she go to school?

Nitrates, she says? Surely not the same nitrates we learned about in fourth grade science class back in, oh, 1975?

Honestly. Where did she go to school?

And what internet has she been reading?

Of course, I didn't think of that because she lumped it with cheese and cream and called it dairy. I wonder if she realises normal milk and cheese and cream don't?

Of course, I didn't think of that because she lumped it with cheese and cream and called it dairy. I wonder if she realises normal milk and cheese and cream don't?

Since she just heard of nitrates I'm going to go with "No."

I tried to comment on her blog but don't have the right IDs and can't create one at work. This is what I want to say if any kind soul wants to send it to her. She won't publish it but I want her to see it since I can't punch her.

I think you need to look a little more deeply into carrageenan. It is not found in cow's milk. It is found in non-dairy milk such as soy or almond, not cow's milk. Also, "organic" just isn't enough. Organic chocolate cereal is still a nutritional vacuum.Processed food is processed food whether it is "organic" or not. Annie's mac and cheese is processed. You should acknowledge these things and think a little more deeply about what "real" food means.

Well, I"m not saying crazy lady is right about how bad carrageenan is; I know nothing about it. But I do know that all the dairy milk that is served to kids at the elementary school I work at includes carrageenan in the list of ingredients on the carton. It may not be common in dairy milk, but it is definitely included by at least one dairy where I live.

Soy, Almond, Coconut and Rice milk contain carageenan.

I don't think anyone was confusing those with cow's milk.

Soy, Almond, Coconut and Rice milk contain carageenan.

I don't think anyone was confusing those with cow's milk.

Noone except the batshit crazy dumb as a box of rocks blogger which this thread is about

Another scary thing to watch out for is called carrageenan. It's likely in the milk that you drink and the yogurt that you eat and maybe even some of your cheese....basically, your dairy products

Well, I"m not saying crazy lady is right about how bad carrageenan is; I know nothing about it. But I do know that all the dairy milk that is served to kids at the elementary school I work at includes carrageenan in the list of ingredients on the carton. It may not be common in dairy milk, but it is definitely included by at least one dairy where I live.

:pink-shock: where do you live? Why on earth is there a thickener in the milk?

Am I the only one who went to check their milk? I never thought to read the ingredient label on a carton of milk. No carrageenan in mine.

I just looked at the whiner lady's blog. Good grief - almost all the foods she is shilling are highly processed food that have little nutritional value: chips, soft drinks, "organic" mac and cheese etc. Now she wants goats, chickens and a huge garden. Here's the thing: all of this is work. A LOT of work. Cooking three meals a day seven days a week from scratch, using unprocessed ingredients takes work . A garden- especially an organic garden is work . Goats - work . Chickens - work . Canning/freezing your produce - work. None of this is impossible - millions of people do this sort of thing every day. However, whiner lady is already taking short cuts (steel cut oats in individual packages that cook in 60 seconds) and she even found it hard to give up processed cheese food (which is easy peasy to give up as it is awful). She going to have to use her minions (i.e. children) to get this stuff done.

:pink-shock: where do you live? Why on earth is there a thickener in the milk?

Did the OP not say school milk? Is she maybe thinking that pink or chocolate shit? Not milk.

My kid's school does not allow flavoured milk. But I know it can be an issue?

Did the OP not say school milk? Is she maybe thinking that pink or chocolate shit? Not milk.

My kid's school does not allow flavoured milk. But I know it can be an issue?

Oops, went out and checked the empty cartons that are still living in my car even though school has been out for three weeks, and it's definitely only in the chocolate milk, not the plain. Sorry to be misleading.

Archived