IGNORED

Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry - fundy/culty?

Daenerys

An acquaintance from Church is heading to this 'school' in Redding, CA next year, which is over 10000 miles from where we live. From what I have read, they seem completely crazy - they believe they can raise the dead amongst other things. Their mission statements also seem very self-congratulatory, superior and contain minimal direct references to Jesus/The Bible.

I'm concerned about him. Does anyone know about this organisation or have experience of it?

ibethel.org/bethel-school-of-supernatural-ministry

Bethel is not only culty, it is also bat shit crazy. You can youtube videos of some of their services. One video shows them laughing hysterically and one shows them being showered with angel wing dust and another shows showers of gold dust.

Members of Bethel walk up to people even in supermarkets and offer to heal them by laying on hands. Bethel is a financial powerhouse in Redding. Their members own some restaurants and they are currently managing our Convention Center and that is where they hold their School of Supernatural Ministry.

They definitely believe in supernatural healing. This video shows one attempt at that.

http://www.redding.com/news/2010/oct/21 ... -on-cliff/

What the hell have I just watched? Totally giving me cult vibes. :mouse-shock:

Bethel is a so bat-shit crazy that when my church started getting involved with them, I up and left.

And I'm fundie.

There are levels of crazy even I won't stoop to.

One of my former students is headed there, after many protests from our faculty, who are pretty conservative on the whole. It seems not only culty, but also scammy (raise your own money, etc.).

Can't forget Bill Johnson's school of prophetic or whatever it's called. Seeing that in charismatic churches as well. :(

Funny thing is that when the students come to Redding, one of the first things that they do is apply for medical and food stamps because they claim that they do not have income.

This is weird. I can't believe I have never heard of them. What do they do when they "graduate"?

One of my friends is there and she has been there a few years. She does not post much on FB anymore but will respond quickly to my messages. She also has a job up there at a clothing store. I know she "graduated" this year but is going to keep going there. I guess she is going to go into ministry at some point. I know they went to Canada because she was raising money for it. Her sister is also my friend and has visited her up there and never said anything negative about it, so I don't know what makes it come off as "cult like" to some. I know they believe in supernatural healing but that doesn't seem unusual to me.

Also its always referred to as BSSM which always throws me off because my perverted mind sees BDSM.

• 4 years later...

I am so glad I found this thread!  My niece sent me this link today - she lives in Redding.   

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mollyhensleyclancy/meet-the-young-saints-of-bethel-who-go-to-college-to?utm_term=.rvvAx8y10#.fjQP9KJqe

This church is taking over the town. The City took half a million dollars from this cult this year to fund the police.... and the cult students are driving up the rents to the point that my great niece and nephew cannot move out to their own places.

These people are WEIRD.

Archived