IGNORED

Gov Rick Perry calls 2nd Special Session

TinyDancer87

Gov Perry is trying to bring the dangerous and restrictive abortion ban bill back.

Anyone is free to call his office and oppose. (512) 463-2000. It may be busy, but keep trying. When the sweet woman answers the phone, say you are calling to oppose a second special session. She takes down no further information. I just made my call and it took a total of 30 seconds.

Gov Perry is such a prick and I know he is doing this just in spite of our recent "win".

She never asked. The secretary just said, "Thanks, I'll add you on the list." I'm assuming she is keeping a count of each side.

I just called, and the woman who answered gave me the exact same conversation. She did put me on hold for about 30 second, where I was treated to a recording of Perry's "accomplishments" playing on a loop.

What happens if this fails to pass yet again? Will ol' Rick hold his breath until he turns blue? (yes, please) Scream and cry and kick his feet? Throw stuff? Maybe if he continues to act like a spoiled, manipulative child we can get Michael Pearl to go all fundie on his ass.

I don't think area codes mean much nowadays, with everybody keeping the same cell phone numbers after moving to a new state.

When I called, I was put on hold. The background "music" was a recording of Perry talking about water conservation efforts. Then the secretary answered and took my call.

I hope his plans foil (again) and he will finally listen to what the people want.

What happens if this fails to pass yet again? Will ol' Rick hold his breath until he turns blue? (yes, please) Scream and cry and kick his feet? Throw stuff? Maybe if he continues to act like a spoiled, manipulative child we can get Michael Pearl to go all fundie on his ass.

I'm kinda hoping he'll... get voted out office, actually. Finally. And good riddance.

Can I call from Scotland? I could just say, 'Tell Rick he's a wee prick.' :D

Gov Perry is trying to bring the dangerous and restrictive abortion ban bill back.

Anyone is free to call his office and oppose. (512) 463-2000. It may be busy, but keep trying. When the sweet woman answers the phone, say you are calling to oppose a second special session. She takes down no further information. I just made my call and it took a total of 30 seconds.

Gov Perry is such a prick and I know he is doing this just in spite of our recent "win".

Thanks for the number-- done.

The office is closed. Blast! I'll call again tomorrow. Just to be a real liberal pain in the ass, I just donated money to Wendy and put my money where my big mouth is. :mrgreen:

:D

Ask if you can borrow his Brokeback Mountain jacket.

I will call and call and call and call, and I will have many of my friends call and call and call and call. It is time we collectively tell Gov. Butt Face to stop his nonsense once and for all. Stop abusing women and stop using tax payers money while doing so.

IMO, I think he is doing all this because his massive ego got hurt by a woman going something he could and will never do-- be a stand up person.

I want to call from Australia. I'm on a roll today. I made a special mostly black printout for opting out of the spam faxes I always get at work. Take that offending spam business toner cartridge!!!

I'll out in a call this AM! I had a great grandfather who fought at the Alamo (the only exciting person in my family tree it seems) and I'll go to battle in my own way for the women of Texas.

Btw...Governor Good Hair is only doing this to bolster his credentials for the 2016 presidential elections with socially conservative voters. He does not give 2 shits about what Texans want. Remember, this is the same man who signed an executive order for young women to get vaccinated against the HPV virus (a very non-conservative issue!). Oh, and the big pharma company Merck had donated a lot of money to his campaign fund. Ricky is all in it for himself, and I can't figure out why many of his constituents haven't figured this out either.

I called, and the Governors assistant was very put off that a constituent would dare call and question the Governor's stupidity. Now, I do not give a damn if she is annoyed or not, but do not be surprised if the person on the other end of the phone is rude.

I called, and the Governors assistant was very put off that a constituent would dare call and question the Governor's stupidity. Now, I do not give a damn if she is annoyed or not, but do not be surprised if the person on the other end of the phone is rude.

They work in politics and need a thick skin. That said, fuck 'em.

ETA I called about a minute ago. It was quick and business like, but I was loaded for bear and now have nothing to do with my righteous indignation. Don't you hate it when you gear yourself up, and nothing happens :lol:

I agree. I understand they are probably getting their ass handed to them with calls, but I am not sure exactly what his office is expecting when their leader keeps pulling this kind of nonsense. They get no sympathy from me. :naughty:

ETA I called about a minute ago. It was quick and business like, but I was loaded for bear and now have nothing to do with my righteous indignation. Don't you hate it when you gear yourself up, and nothing happens :lol:

Aw. Maybe it was just my lucky day. I do have a shit magnet, though. That could explain why they were rude to me. :lol:

Archived