IGNORED

Spiritually Adopt an Unborn Baby

Rachel333

New market segment! Also casual wear, glitz wear, and don't forget fetal pageant trainers. SO much to do. I wish you the best of luck as a fetal pageant mom-- it's a huge responsibility but it's so worth it when your fetus takes pride in her accomplishments!

Is it very strange I hope that pageant foetus is not a successful Supreme winner. Imagine birthing that bitch of a crown. OH wait. I've just totally lost it now haven't I?

(Rocking Casper maniacally)

I just adopted twenty-two fetuses. Your move, J'chelle.

:lol: :lol:

By making judgments on people they hear are pregnant and look pregnant. I'm certain if they knew I was pregnant (I'm not pregnant, just making a scenario) and saw me and my boyfriend walking down the road, they'd think I would be in danger of aborting it as well. Since that would not happen except in extreme cases as I would love to be a mother and have only a 50/50 chance of being fertile, I'd be happy to carry my pregnancy as long as my body allows me to do so, which hopefully will be until a happy, healthy baby human emerges. But young, small, white girl with a young, black man would probably send faulty alarm bells in their minds. And no, I don't want them to "spiritually adopt" a child that is to be mine, thank you very much. Remove the worthless claim to a fetus that neither belongs to you nor was given to you.

The ridiculous thing here is that the vast majority of abortions are done before a woman is visibly pregnant, and even before the point that most women would announce, especially if they are considering abortion. If a heavily-pregnant woman is considering abortion, it is likely because her own health is at risk, and in that case praying against abortion is also praying against the health of the woman.

The ridiculous thing here is that the vast majority of abortions are done before a woman is visibly pregnant, and even before the point that most women would announce, especially if they are considering abortion. If a heavily-pregnant woman is considering abortion, it is likely because her own health is at risk, and in that case praying against abortion is also praying against the health of the woman.

Silly bear (or cat, in this case), don't you know that the health of the woman is of no importance? We're just incubators, you know.

This kind of crap pisses me off, and I hope to God my poor little UU grandson never gets smacked with this crap at his Catholic parochial school (NOT at the parish mentioned below).

Last month, he and I were walking up to the church for my niece's Confirmation, and he noticed the monument memorializing "all the unborn dead known only to God." And I had to try to explain it to a FIVE-YEAR-OLD KID. (I said something like, "That's so people can remember souls who went to heaven, even if we don't know their names." Yeah, St. Paul's Parish in Berlin, Connecticut--I SO wanted to have to explain miscarriage and abortion to a kindergartener. I'm glad I was quick on my feet.

There's a similar but more explicit one at the church some relatives used to attend. My then-teenaged daughter said, "That's awful. What if someone had an abortion, and missed going to church, and wanted to come back? How would that make her feel?"

...and we all know how much anti-choice people care about women's health, what with outlawing abortion being deadly to women and all.

I would respectfully suggest that if they think their prayers actually do anything, they should be praying for the unknown people who don't want children to not get pregnant each month. Pray that people who can't afford to have children, who don't want to have a child right now or who might consider abortion simply don't get pregnant.

If this works as well as the prayers for world peace, curing cancer, etc, it will be a long time before people no longer want or need abortions.

Are they actually going to adopt these babies when they are born instead of just praying that pregnant women dont get abortions?

Are they going to help pregnant women who are in poverty by offering to help them buy baby stuff, driving them to doctors appointments, babysitting their other children while theyre giving birth to the baby they spiritually adopted?

No?

Theyre not doing anything then.

Not only are most of them not doing that, many of them are out there voting for people who want to cut off all evil governmental aid -- head start, food stamps, welfare, to name a few, that will actually help the kids after they are born.

Are they actually going to adopt these babies when they are born instead of just praying that pregnant women dont get abortions?

Are they going to help pregnant women who are in poverty by offering to help them buy baby stuff, driving them to doctors appointments, babysitting their other children while theyre giving birth to the baby they spiritually adopted?

No?

Theyre not doing anything then.

I actually liked this version of a "spiritual adoption"

My spouse and I are looking to adopt. Are there mothers who would like to give up their babies for adoption?

In Israel, it is illegal for any private individual or organization to deal with adoptions. Adoptions are handled solely through the Child Welfare Service of the Ministry of Welfare

The women who are helped by EFRAT keep their babies. However, EFRAT offers a very special program in which couples can have the merit of bringing a child into the world. For $1,200, a donor is matched to an expectant woman, and informed of her due date. When the child is born, we send the donor a certificate of honor with the name and birth date of the child, along with a copy of the child's birth certificate. In this way, they truly bring a Jewish child into existence. To learn more, click here.

from here: http://www.efrat.org.il/english/about/?id=67

and this story about a genuinely pro-life (and pro-choice) organization that actually did set up a team of volunteers to babysit and help out a sick, pregnant mother:

http://www.justonelife.org/success.asp?pg=featured

I'm pretty sure that these organizations are doing far more for babies than the SSM crowd ever could.

Archived