IGNORED

John Shrader Drama

I was looking at John Shrader's page today, and it seems his sisters-in-law are fed up with him.

Rebekah comments on a long, rambly post about John Calvin (who John calls a murderer):

Oh John, your [sic] so blinded from anything but what in your own mind is truth, and now unfriended by me. I still love yah though and always will. Just don't want to read all your posts every morning.

Suze liked it, and leg humpers came to his defense. He didn't respond to that post directly.

On another post titled "How Holy Should We Be?" Suze comments, just 2 hours after Rebekah's comment:

How can we be holy if our good works are filthy rags to God? We are holy because He is holy!! Its [sic] not complicated. If it was about our works Jesus died for no reason. Right?

John replies:

There's a difference between salvation and sanctification, dear sister Suze. It's not about us trying to be good... For either one. Jesus' death deals with the penalty of out sin, but His life lived in us deals with the power and presence of sin. Love you and praying for you.

Aka, screw you.

Then Suze replies:

Sillly [sic] me, your comment about the way Christians live made me think thats what [sic] what you were talking about...

Drama in the Keller family... I don't blame Suze and Rebekah for being fed up with John, but I wonder if they think he's worse than their other, more famous brother-in-law, Josh. Also, they may not have been acting the most mature, (I consider calling people out n Facebook and starting personal drama like this on a public forum kind of immature, though we all sometimes do it) his response to Suze was incredibly patronizing.

Go Suze! She clearly has no problem challenging patriarchal authority now. If she always had this spark, she must have had a hell of a time growing up Keller.

Rebekah and Suze are awesome! Im so glad that the Mkids and the Shrader kids have aunts who would support them if they decided they wanted out when they were older.

I think John is worse than Josh. Theyre both lazy assholes but the Mkids have a better standard of living-they arent crammed into a trailer living on handouts, and Josh and Anna are gradually going fundie lite-they dont have as many restrictions as the Shrader kids probably have.

Please please please ladies...go start on Josh next. It would be awesome to see him get taken down a peg or two by a woman.

Rebekah and Suze are awesome! Im so glad that the Mkids and the Shrader kids have aunts who would support them if they decided they wanted out when they were older.

I think John is worse than Josh. Theyre both lazy assholes but the Mkids have a better standard of living-they arent crammed into a trailer living on handouts, and Josh and Anna are gradually going fundie lite-they dont have as many restrictions as the Shrader kids probably have.

Please please please ladies...go start on Josh next. It would be awesome to see him get taken down a peg or two by a woman.

I feel like Josh secretly wants to be less fundie and more fundie-lite/mainstream. It may be the bad conscience he developed thanks to his upbringing which is calling him to engage in that silly patriarchal stuff in order to cover up his innner urge to be more worldly. KWIM? Sorry, can't speak proper English lately.

Additionally, while I think Esther is truly submissive and/or trying to out-fundie her sisters, Anna can try to keep-sweetly veil her more or less obvious dominance as much as she wants, we all know that she's way more involved in active decision making processes than say, her MIL Michelle. I don't think for a second that Josh wears the pants in their relationship. He's just too dumb to realize it. Therefore, Anna has it a lot easier than her sister.

Wow!! Go Rebekah and Suze! So to make sure I have this right, Rebekah, Suze, Esther, Priscilla, and Anna are all siblings, yes? Suze lives with Rebekah and her husband, right?

Do we know what Esther is like? I assume she's more like Priscilla in terms of being totally into submission?

From what little I know, I definitely see Anna having more of Suze/Rebekah in her. She does not strike me as a doormat.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=15285 here is a synopsis of the Keller family.

I agree with the previous poster- Rebekah, Anna, and Suze seem to have a spark in them that has been extinguished in Priscilla and Esther. Anna may still be fundie, but I think that she will try to afford her children far more opportunities than were afforded to her. She also seems like the kind who would have a major problem if her husband decided to pull a John Shrader. Priscilla would just happily go along, as Esther seems to be doing.

I sometimes feel sorry for Anna. I could imagine that her parents were only excited about her marrying Josh Duggar 'cause she was on the verge of turning non-fundie. So they hooked her up with someone who'd bring so many strings attached that Anna would have to stay fundie, otherwise I could absolutely imagine her pulling a Suze- before the actual Suze.

If only Josh had more brains, I could absolutely see them leave fundiedom.

I sometimes feel sorry for Anna. I could imagine that her parents were only excited about her marrying Josh Duggar 'cause she was on the verge of turning non-fundie. So they hooked her up with someone who'd bring so many strings attached that Anna would have to stay fundie, otherwise I could absolutely imagine her pulling a Suze- before the actual Suze.

If only Josh had more brains, I could absolutely see them leave fundiedom.

What makes you think she would have gone non-fundie? Curious.

I hadn't looked at his page in a long time. Now I am "following" him on FB, which I will probably regret (side note, I probably have the weirdest possible instagram feed: my friends, random fundies, cake decorating, and S&M pictures) (and right now I have open multiple FB pages: all tabs of Shraders and McDonalds. Last week it was all former FLDS members)

I thought it was nice that he made the kids pinatas and that they had birthday parties.

Does anyone know how Rebekah met her husband? Did they court? She looks very cute in her tank top and shorts in her profile pic.

This doesn't have to do with the post but does anyone have any updates about his sister who has cancer?

His sister's cancer treatments haven't been working, and the cancer spread :cry: She just turned 35. I am really so sad for her, and regardless of how crazy John is, I feel bad for him for having to go through this.

NotALoserLikeYou- Rebekah and Josh McDonald had a courtship and married just like her fundie sisters. At some point in their early marriage, they broke away from Gothard. Because she seemingly followed her headship's religious decisions, her parents haven't shunned her to the extent that they did Suze and Daniel.

Thanks. I saw Daniels page too, where he is decked out in green for St. Patrick's Day and drinking a beer :)

The Mkids probably would be crammed into a trailer if not for TLC. We all know Josh has absolutely no work ethic.

I hadn't looked at his page in a long time. Now I am "following" him on FB, which I will probably regret (side note, I probably have the weirdest possible instagram feed: my friends, random fundies, cake decorating, and S&M pictures) (and right now I have open multiple FB pages: all tabs of Shraders and McDonalds. Last week it was all former FLDS members)

I thought it was nice that he made the kids pinatas and that they had birthday parties.

The government should have fun with that :lol: With all this news of government spying on peoples internet usage -- it does make me wonder what they would think of the bizarre hodge-podge of site I go to !

One of my friends used my computer last week and she looked at my bookmarks toolbar up top. "Polygamy Chic?" she asked? Yeah, don't ask lol

For me it would be polygamy sites, recipes, and serial killers...my books are on the same topics so hopefully no one robs us and takes a look at my bookshelves.

She has pancreatic cancer, which has a very grim prognosis. It has a 1-year survival rate of 25%, and a 5-year survival rate of less than 5%. I had a friend die from it two years ago.

The Mkids probably would be crammed into a trailer if not for TLC. We all know Josh has absolutely no work ethic.

I agree with this. TLC has helped out the Duggars quite a bit and Grandma Duggar has helped out. Josh and the family were living in her rental house.

She has pancreatic cancer, which has a very grim prognosis. It has a 1-year survival rate of 25%, and a 5-year survival rate of less than 5%. I had a friend die from it two years ago.

Thanks for the info, I didn't realize she had pancreatic cancer. Does anyone know if she is married or has kids.

Thanks for the info, I didn't realize she had pancreatic cancer. Does anyone know if she is married or has kids.

She's married, obviously not fundie, and has a baby girl who was born in January. It's really so sad.

He posts about it from time to time, asking for prayers. It seems like they keep and close contact and that he's really upset by this.

Archived